News:

It is a very sunny day.

Main Menu

Pollycop and Gossipy

Started by Dracos, December 06, 2011, 12:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arakawa

Okay, I'll assume at this point if Alberto has a reaction, it's sufficiently delayed that Ika can just leave the room in the meantime.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Jon

Yeah, sorry; I'm just having a bit of RP block at the moment.

CyMage

Quote from: Dracos on December 14, 2011, 01:23:43 PM
Well, you can stick someone else on it, or let it drift.  It is the middle of the ocean :)

But I just wanted to check.

Well, Bolt tends to take his 'job' pretty seriously.  The questions often are 'Who's truly paying him?' and 'How literal is the job?' :)

I've been rereading the manga for some inspiration as well.   Should have put '+2DCV vs projectiles' as one of his powers.  Catching bullets in your teeth is just that cool.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Arakawa

Polite request to DM -- might be good to have a bit of detail as to what's on the maps. Even if it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Sure, I'll give you something to yammer on :)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I hear tell that brian is a bit fuzzy.  DY do you want to take the lead getting you two to the festival, or would you guys prefer the friar to take a more meddlesome role at moving the story along?
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

I can't speak for DY, but until the ^%#& hits the fan, I think both Tylor and Vash are more reactive than active. >_>;;
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

DY

Yea, I agree with Brian. I don't mind the friar moving the story along.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Dracos

Alberto:

I sense quiet over there.  Need any help getting out of that scene and up to deck to do things?

Bolt/Ika:

Considered adding detail, but really it seems conversational focused, so I'll let that fly a bit more before moving things.
Well, Goodbye.

CyMage

I'm mostly looking for some minor info on stuff lying around.  Gear and/or weapons.  Bolt sometimes tends to eat anything that's not nailed down.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Arakawa

Wondering what everyone's status on Ocean is. (Sort of wasn't expecting Alberto to hang around downstairs for so long that the DM would send a sailor to out him...) Also, if Jon / anyone else wants to point out anything I did wrong during that previous interaction, I'd welcome any feedback of that sort. As stated, I'm not an experienced role-player and I'm worried I might have exerted control over that situation out of proportion to what my character should be capable of.

---

(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

You did fine, Jon though has lost interest a bit and sounds like he's dropping.  I talked with him offline today about it as yeah, was trying to get him back in the swing of things.  I think he wanted more of a command setup at the get-go.
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

Mostly I feel a made a mistake picking Alberto. I'm not a fan of PvP in rpgs, but there's nothing else at this point that's plausible for Alberto to do, except for disappearing and then coming back 'at the turn of the tide' like a malevolent Gandalf.

Sorry, guys; my fault.

Edit to add: Basically, I see Alberto as being a bit like Magneto, in that he's a noble villain, and so it's not out of the question for him to team up with a group of heroes to accomplish some larger goal (defeating Galactus, say). I had the idea that this would be a feasible approach here. I didn't do enough checking that Dracos's plans in the matter matched mine.

Dracos

Well, that's fair.  I guess it wasn't clear, but I did want to set the seed early that you guys weren't necessarily working together and see how you'd handle it as only one of you guys were going to be able to win in the end.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Just in case it wasn't clear: Your omnipotent meddling Q has retcon'd the presence of Alberto out of the story.  It was as if he was never there.
Well, Goodbye.