News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

Pub chat

Started by Anastasia, December 26, 2012, 11:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Flower/Fruit/Mossy 3 Confuse Touch, Spellburst (Pollen), HP Restore, MP Restore, Variable

Quote from: Anastasia on April 03, 2013, 01:16:56 AM
Right. A series of questions for next week.

1. What are your plans? There's events with Ebenzer you can do when you're done with everything else in Galimond, as it takes him time to research. You can also do that feast thing IC if you like, but no obligation if you don't want to.

2. You got your asses beat by Shiva. Any ideas for a strategy for round 2? Speaking of, do you want to try to fight her again? If you do, when?

3. As far as duel wielding and Lehko go, remember you need two distinct weapons. So you'll need to buy/find/make two pistols.

1.) I want to try purifying that armband. If that works, I want to try purifying those glowing green runes. I get the feeling that there's probably something cool (or horrible) in those chests. Either way, I wanna find out. If we *do* end up being successful with the runes, I'll have something to discuss with Dune, concerning my character goals.

As for the feast thing, I don't mind doing it IC.

2.) The strategy that'll do the most good, I think, is spend the first round hammering the Zombies. We don't need to kill all of them, I don't think, but we need to keep the numbers manageable. Also, we *can't* ignore the charging. We can't really stop Shiva from casting an AoE, but if we can keep the zombie numbers at 2 or less, we can stop them from doing it. I have something of an idea on how to keep Shiva occupied, but that falls under point 3.

I think our biggest issue was that everyone had a plan of their own on how to fight this, but no one really said anything about it until *after* someone had already taken their turn. I understand it's frustrating when things don't go the way you see them, but if you have an idea, then speak up.

The problem with that is that it usually ends up slowing the game down. Someone steps away from the computer without saying anything and everyone else is left hanging. There's really no good way to deal with that, but I at least will ask if anyone has suggestions at the start of my turn. If no one says anything inside 10-15 seconds (even if it's, "Yeah, give me a sec to type."), I'm going to do whatever. If you don't say anything, you lose the right to complain about whatever action I take. I'll give everyone else the same consideration I'm asking for here.

2B) I think a small investment of Gil will go a long way in this fight. For 200g, we can either buy, or I can try to cook, an equivalent item to a Spicy Kabob (grants fire immunity), aimed at Ice immunity. For a lesser investment, we can go after an Ice element ward item. Similarly, we need to look at who does the least damage (I think it's me). That person needs to be in charge of using the bomb fragments we have.

3) I plan on upgrading my weapons. How I do this depends on a discussion I need to have with Dune. My goal is going to be either to DW weapons that give a status effect of Confuse Touch or Stop Touch. Like I said, I have a couple quick questions on this, but I have a fair chunk of gil saved up, so barring great failures, I should be okay, after selling my current weapon.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 03, 2013, 12:51:39 PM
Flower/Fruit/Mossy 3 Confuse Touch, Spellburst (Pollen), HP Restore, MP Restore, Variable

Whazzat? Some planning you forgot to delete?

Quote1.) I want to try purifying that armband. If that works, I want to try purifying those glowing green runes. I get the feeling that there's probably something cool (or horrible) in those chests. Either way, I wanna find out. If we *do* end up being successful with the runes, I'll have something to discuss with Dune, concerning my character goals.

Okay. Has Neph bought the armband officially yet?

Quote2B) I think a small investment of Gil will go a long way in this fight. For 200g, we can either buy, or I can try to cook, an equivalent item to a Spicy Kabob (grants fire immunity), aimed at Ice immunity. For a lesser investment, we can go after an Ice element ward item. Similarly, we need to look at who does the least damage (I think it's me). That person needs to be in charge of using the bomb fragments we have.

Wow, element blockers are cheap as all hell. As literally not expensive to make with cooking.

Quote3) I plan on upgrading my weapons. How I do this depends on a discussion I need to have with Dune. My goal is going to be either to DW weapons that give a status effect of Confuse Touch or Stop Touch. Like I said, I have a couple quick questions on this, but I have a fair chunk of gil saved up, so barring great failures, I should be okay, after selling my current weapon.

Sounds solid. One point of note. On page 128 it mentions that weapon properties don't stack. So you can have two types of status touch (one on each weapon), but you'd have to choose which one you're using at any given time. So okay, you wanna do some synthing?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

I have purchased the Armband.

Anastasia

Okay. Iddy, how are you trying to purify it? Innate magic?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Yeah. Idea is to spend some time using Innate magic with the help of Morrie and Mycol. Morrie's got the healing/sun ability. I'm hoping I can sort of use that to bolster my own innate magic, with Mycol using time magic to 'speed things up.'
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Okay. The party spends some time with the Cursed Armband! You're able to weaken the curse! You don't dispel it, but you understand how you can. If someone wears the Cursed Armband for an entire boss battle and the battle is won, there are two benefits. Whomever wears the armband gets a bonus +1 destiny on top of whatever destiny the boss grants. Secondly, the curse will be broken and the armband will become the following:

Glorious Armband: Tier 2 accessory, 1,000 gil, +1 PWR plus +1 RES plus +1 DEX plus +1 MND plus SOS-Shell plus SOS-Protect. An purified armband that strengthens and protects the wearer.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Trade post updated for the silver sword/armor trade.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Logs are caught up.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I'm an idiot. I'm doing my sheet update and I just realized the flame saber gives me element ward (ice). I should have taken half damage from every single attack in the Shiva fight.

Merc

Sheet's up to date.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on April 05, 2013, 12:58:06 AM
I'm an idiot. I'm doing my sheet update and I just realized the flame saber gives me element ward (ice). I should have taken half damage from every single attack in the Shiva fight.

Yes, yes you are an idiot. That would have helped a lot!
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Question on Teamwork Attacks:

1) Can more than one person participate in a team attack?
1a) If yes, do all parties need to match rolls, or just two?

Example: Morrie, Santos, and Lehko team attack.

Morrie rolls 1, 2
Santos rolls 3, 4
Lehko rolls 3, 5

Does the team attack succeed, or fail?

Nephrite

Another question: Does a Warrior's Trauma work with Berserk? I.e. can you get the bonus of ignoring half ARM while also getting the one step damage bonus from having a negative status effect?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 05, 2013, 07:16:12 PM
Another question: Does a Warrior's Trauma work with Berserk? I.e. can you get the bonus of ignoring half ARM while also getting the one step damage bonus from having a negative status effect?

It does.
<Afina> Forever.