News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Group Possessions

Started by Corwin, October 15, 2014, 01:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Hopefully, it will make things easier than just keeping things listed in my sheet.

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1053919.html#msg1053919
7 copper pieces, 4 silver pieces, 6 electrum pieces, 2 brass pieces, 4 gold pieces. What the brass and electrum coins are worth is anyone's guess.
Star pendant: 25 gold.
Blackened electrum coins: Probably worth a bit.
Lump of gold that was probably once coins: 40 gold.

2 blessed bandages: 20 gold each, 40 total. (From MIC.)
Armband of Agile Leaping: 1,200 gold. (MIC, as boots of agile leaping.)
2 scrolls of Stone to Flesh: 1,650 gold each.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Update from Freeport!

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1054207.html#msg1054207

59 Amambo* amber-coral coins. These coins are made of white coral that still glows with a faint light, encased in pure, magically hardened amber into the shape of a coin. The coins have a deep amber color which glistens from an inner light. It's thought these coins were used by Amambo's nobility for expensive purchases, as the coral within is quite expensive. Known as winterlight coral, it's only harvested in the ruins of Amambo and a few remote islands. Since going into the light sea is such a bad idea, it's rarely harvested in any great quantity. Most of the known examples of it are from Amambo. Each coin's worth 25 gold each as is. If you can safely extract the winterlight coral within, said coral is worth 100 gold a piece otherwise. However, it takes great skill with magic and gemcutting to do so, as the magic of the coins fuses the amber and coral together. Anyway, that's what old Kamhoff says. Oh, and Lucy can note these coins are made evenly, unlike the other Amambo coinage. It's obvious more effort went into minting these.

Gold and iron pot, decorated with images of warriors hunting with spears. Dented: 184.1 gold. Could be improved if the dent is skillfully repaired. Unfortunately, dents in the shape of Lucy's head don't increase the value of items. Old Kamhoff admits he doesn't get it himself, but the market is the market.
Cracked sapphire: 80 gold. See, the thing is that cracked gemstones lose a lot of value. The best thing is to break it up into a few lesser gems that aren't cracked. Get a good gemcutter and jeweler and you'll make a bunch more money. Kamhoff's sure of it.
Moonbar: 375 gold. A relatively uncommon gemstone. According to the old mage, they mined these in Amambo, but evidence suggests that the mines dried up before Amambo fell. Thing is, there's no other known mines that produce moonbars. Which is strange, since his inner geologist points out that they're related to opals, which are more common. It's a pain, since the Ilmayi sects view it as a holy stone and try to buy them all up. If you want one it's a hassle to find one. Better for you get more money out of it, though.
Longsword made of pure gold: 2,500 gold. This one's a find! This is pure 24 karat gold in sword form. Old Kamhoff and Lucy both have to suspect it's been magically purified, since gold of this purity is rare. It's a great item to keep, sell or even use as a base for a magical sword. Just don't use it in battle unless it's enchanted, since gold doesn't hold an edge otherwise. Too soft. A warrior with a soft sword sends out unfortunate implications (if male) or a subtle statement about the wielder's lack of beauty (if female).  At least that's what Kamhoff thinks.

Ring of Protection: Non-chaotic characters find this ring to function as a ring of protection+1. Chaotic characters who wear it roll 1d5-1 each day, the result is the ring's deflection bonus for the wearer (any chaotic wearer) for the day. The wearer is not aware of what the daily bonus is without casting identify or using similar magic. Neither Lucy or Kamhoff can put a good price on this one, it's been warped by the magical energies that destroyed the ship.
Rod of Wonder: Has 5 charges left. Causes a wild magic surge, identical to the ones that destroyed the ship. Another item infused with the chaos of the ship's explosion. Probably not a lot of value here, unless you find a wild mage. Conversely, using it could bring reward or ruin. Depends on how lucky you feel. No idea on a price here, either.
Currently has 0 charged left.

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1054428.html#msg1054428

1 set of bloodied blue robes - Well made robes, 30 gold. However, they're damaged. Proper magic or a skill check can fix them.
1 wand - Fist of stone with 12 charges left, already identified. Kamhoff notes this one does have identifying marks - the sigil of Aranam Whimiscal, a magical artisan who lived and died about 100 years ago. He was based out of Hillmar, notably. Kamhoff remarks he was a solid magical artisan, but never really excelled. The sort that makes a living providing the low end magical items that make people's lives easier.

Corwin

From the volcanic island!

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103247.msg1054398.html#msg1054398

Harp of Adjustment

This silver harp bears the ability to adjust personal attributes. Using any of these abilities requires listening to the harp's music for one hour. The performer must succeed on a Perform (String Instruments) check or the attempt fails, the DC varies from usage to usage. Failed attempts may be tried again. The harp is only effective on willing creatures.

- Change the listeners hair color, eye color, height (within reasonable racial norms), body type and/or sex. This change is permanent, but may be undone by using the harp again. Changes result in the recipient being sickened for 1d4+1 days due to adjustments in body chemistry. This sickness can only be mitigated by a heal spell or greater magic. A creature can benefit from this usage of the harp of adjustment as many times as desired, but no more than once per month. The Perform (String Instruments) DC for this usage is 20.

- Move 2 points from one ability score to another ability score. This exchange is permanent. Doing so leaves the recipient sickened for 1d4+1 days thereafter due to the adjustments in body chemistry. This sickness can only be mitigated by a heal spell or greater magic. A creature can only benefit from this usage of the harp of adjustment once. The Perform (String Instruments) DC for this usage is 20.

- Shift a creature's alignment by one step towards good/evil or law/chaos. Creatures with alignment subtypes cannot be affected by this. A creature can only benefit from this usage of the harp of adjustment once. The Perform (String Instruments) DC for this usage is 25.

- Remove up to one hour of memory or memories. Treat this as modify memory with no saving throw or spell resistance allowed. A creature can benefit from this usage as many times as they wish. The Perform (String Instruments) DC for this usage is 30.

Corwin

Alas, most of this is gone. The rod of wonder is with me and the harp is with Moore, I presume. Did anyone claim something of the rest and I missed it? I know Veren carries a lot of stuff around in his haversack.

Nephrite

To confirm, yes, Moore has the harp.

Iron Dragoon

Nope! I got nothin'. I think most everything was turned into gold. Jetina has the ring of protection. The only unique things I still have is the Purple Worm Poison and The Complete Guide to Humanoids, Humans and other Similar Creatures.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Okay then! I can retire this topic, and we'll probably never keep stuff behind again.

Ebiris