News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

The second seal (Moore)

Started by Anastasia, August 30, 2016, 03:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Moore, you want to work on that sigil of Willah's. What's your plan here?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Ask Gold first what his opinion is on it first, then Hamogan if Gold can't answer it. Moore would also ask about the dress!

Anastasia

Gold is found in Aurora's cafeteria, in humanoid form. He's eating the biggest steak you've ever seen, methodically slicing it up and eating it. He listens to you, "I would have to see it," he confesses, "It does sound like one of a set, based on what you've said."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Well, I'd hate to interrupt your food." He says with a bit of a laugh. "We can take a look after you're done. I'm actually kind of curious if the magic can be purified without losing its potency."

Anastasia

"Purifying magical items is possible, usually through a quest. An artifact is another thing altogether." Gold pushes his plate aside and stands, "I can eat later."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods and will take Gold to where they're storing the retrieved items!

Anastasia

It's in a sealed vault, the ring sitting by itself on a plain cushion. "I will need to study it for some time," Gold says, "Your assistance would be appreciated."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Of course."

[15:41] <Nephrite> roll 6d4 nonlethal
[15:41] <Kobot> Nephrite rolled 6d4 nonlethal --> [ 6d4=13 ]{13}

+8 morale bonus and +5 untyped bonus. Moore would also take 10 for 41 on a Profession (Motivational Speaker) check to get him to really focus!

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+47 (+8 morale, +5 untyped)
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+47 (+8 morale, +5 untyped) --> [ 1d20=4 ]{51}

"Aaaah." He studies it for a good hour, examining every part of it. Yet he never touches it, and in fact keeps his distance more and more as he goes on. "Cursed thing, vile thing," he mutters to himself several times, until at last he finishes. "It is..."

Loot.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Wow, that's... quite potent." Moore says. "Surely we can somehow do something with it, can't we?"

Anastasia

"It's cursed with great evil," Gold says heavily, "I fear it is part of a set, one of many. Perhaps nine."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "We have another one, I would imagine you're correct. I wonder if we could break one down to break the power of the others..." Moore considers for a moment. "But, perhaps it'd be an even stronger signal to Hell if we could somehow purify it with Celestia's light."

Anastasia

"What do you know of the other one?" Gold asks when you mention that. "So there is another one?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I don't know the specifics about it, but it was recovered from another one of the traitors to Lifasa." Moore explains. "I'm pretty sure it was similar -- a ring of some sort."

Anastasia

"That suggests a set of them. How many traitors are there?" Gold asks, turning his gaze back to the ring. His expression is thoughtful, "Nine?"
<Afina> Forever.