News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Beneath Dweomerheart (Surraruthru, Tryll, 87 days left)

Started by Anastasia, July 12, 2017, 10:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Hmmm, that depends on what this is. It could be a honeypot," Canderella says, "But that doesn't make sense with it being that hidden, unless we chanced on it in an unintended way."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

"Dana, I'll cast a dispel in there. Be ready to take advantage of whatever happens."

Surraruthru begins casting!

Dispel Magic, Greater.
> roll 1d20+30+9 Dispel
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 58 > [d20=19]

Surraruthru
Spoiler: ShowHide

HP: 391/413 (359 base)
AC: 52+4 (Deflection)
Touch AC: 24, Flat Footed: 57, SR: 37, CMB: 33, CMD: 51
Init: +12, Touch Atk: 38
Active: Mind Blank (CL15), Fortunate Fate (CL13), Planar Tolerance (CL7), Greater Mage Armor (CL5), Heroes Feast (CL20), Elemental Body: Fire (CL28), Surraruthru's Stupendous Dragonskin (CL28), Strength/Mind/Agility/Endurance/Beauty of the Dragon Princess (CL28), Bibliotheca Arcana (CL28), Create Magic Tattoo (CL24), Create Magic Tattoo (CL24), Energy Immunity: Acid/Cold/Electricity/Sonic (CL26), Epic Mage Armor (CL28)
Passive: True Seeing, Detect Magic, +15 to knowledge checks
Moderate School Esoterica: If you are subject to a spell that has a partial or half effect on a successful save, you suffer no adverse effect if you successfully save.

Kascha
Spoiler: ShowHide

HP: 359/359 (305 base)
AC: 63
Touch AC: 47, Flat Footed: 57, SR: 38, CMB: 33, CMD: 61
Init: +14, Touch Atk: 31
Active: Mind Blank (CL15), Fortunate Fate (CL13), Planar Tolerance (CL7), Greater Mage Armor (CL5), Heroes Feast (CL20), Elemental Body: Fire (CL28), Surraruthru's Stupendous Dragonskin (CL28), Strength/Mind/Agility/Endurance/Beauty of the Dragon Princess (CL28), Create Magic Tattoo (CL24), Create Magic Tattoo (CL24), Energy Immunity: Acid/Cold/Electricity/Sonic (CL26)
Passive:
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

What are you  aiming the dispel at? Area dispel or targeted dispel?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Area. Since I can't exactly see anything magical, I'm throwing a net out and seeing what happens.

Anastasia

The air in the room shimmers and the sound of a bell echos throughout, crystal clear and beautiful.

The voice that sounds afterwards is dry, disinterested and clinical. "Sharpen your minds for this coming test, for failure will cost you dearly. Always provide what is shown and given to you."

"The hell did we stumble on?" Dana growls low in her throat, as the pillar flashes green, all of the eyes focusing on Canderella.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"A trap and a test. It's going to target Canderella. Provide what is shown... Wealth and treasure?"

Anastasia

"I don't have the slightest," Kascha admits, "Do you?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

A tiny hand appears above Canderella and coins begin to fall from the ceiling. "Catch!"
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

"Maybe it's something for each person and Canderella is first up? What is shown... A room full of treasure... Anything you can think of as treasure, Canderella? Unless someone has a better idea?"

Anastasia

Canderella catches them and throws them at the status. The coins clatter and do nothing - before a flash of green light and suddenly...

> roll 1d20 1 check
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 2 > [d20=2]

> roll 10d6
<Serith> Kotono roll for Serith < 34 > [d6=6,1,1,3,1,6,4,6,1,5]

Acid sizzles on Canderella's arm - to no effect thanks to Surraruthru's magic.

A moment later, the pillar's eyes whirl to Surraruthru and flash red.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru begins casting, thinking he's figured out the trick.

Delayed Blast Fireball, CL 24, but limiting to lowest power. No delay on detonation, targeting the face/eyes/pillars.
> roll 1d6 Fireball
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 5 > [d6=5]

Anastasia

Nothing happens. No beam, the eyes instead starting to look all over as they flash green, red and then yellow.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I think I figured it out. Eye color indicates energy type. But I have no idea why it's going crazy."