News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Celebration (Epilogue, everybody)

Started by Anastasia, March 04, 2018, 08:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

"Honestly I'd prefer to place it somewhere connected to Lifasa, but with the battle won, those who tolerated our control of Aurora will likely become significantly less tolerant of it being in our backyard, so to speak. I don't think anyone is really ready to deal with that."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

"Another point," Jaela voices, looking over the assembled officers. "We've been relying on Sylvie for our internal security, and that would no longer be possible, going forward with fresh recruits. It was a part of our answer to what brought Medi down, and we should come up with a suitable alternative. Once we have, however, I intend to stay on and lead it on a fresh Crusade. Benfal and Lifasa might have been the only two Primes completely taken over by devils, but there are plenty of Hellish interests we could oppose. In fact, outside our core membership most of the recruits should be perfectly fine with that, so I expect to retain most of the army once we offer everyone a chance to settle on Lifasa, an honorable discharge or reenlistment."

She nods in Moore's direction. "It seems there are already plans to spread word of this miracle across the planes, so there should be no shortage of fresh recruits to rebuild Aurora's armies. For now, however, Aurora should be safe on Lifasa while we work out all the details."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Indeed."

The voice that speaks is calm, confident and masculine. The figure that strides is is a man in the flower of young adulthood, smiling and wearing a fine tunic, pants and purple cloak. You have met this person before - an avatar of Lathander is before you, no presence overwhelming you. He smiles as he walks through the portal into the room, "Great work everyone, Hell needs more people eager to kick it in the ass and as good as you are at it."

Murmurs ripple through the officers here, several bowing their heads respectfully. "Ho, Jaela. You came out of this in one peace. Afina too. All of you are looking surprisingly alive and not killed except for Moonlight, she's recuperating back home."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Afina was planning on visiting Moonlight soon, really! "Our thoughts are with her. This wouldn't have been possible without your support, Lord Lathander," Afina says, rising out of her seat respectfully.

Corwin

"A few of the officers had some close calls, but Moonlight was the only one slain on Lifasa," Jaela affirms, after joining in the respectful bow. "Her sacrifice was not in vain, as you can see for yourself, and we are grateful. For the support, for her presence and the troops, for the spear. Is there anything you would like to ask of me in return? A strike at devils somewhere?"

Nephrite

Moore nods back to Jaela and gives a deferential nod to Lathander's avatar. Huh, are the others hiding out in the crowd too?

No, they're probably just watching through their own means... Right, Sylvie?

Anastasia

Lathander laughs, a light and pure sound, "Aye! And it wouldn't have been possible without all of you being so good at dispatching fiends. An admirable quality to have. Also Moore," He turns to the pixie and gives him a look, "Too bad, you and Calleigh would make a cute couple."

Ilsenine freezes at that, then very pointedly takes Moore's hand and holds it tight, giving Lathander's avatar a rather pointed gaze.

"Oh, I do, I do, but not now," Lathander says, "You may want to go off and chase a new Crusade. Keep on going - but don't forget there are days of rests for a reason. Everyone needs time to rest. Take some time, evil will be here when you've had a chance to grow and recover from your war. "
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"The Triune had plans for me on Lifasa," Jaela agrees vaguely. "With devils barred from our world, that should be restful now and then."

Nephrite

Moore blinks a few times, then smiles over at Ilsenine with a small chuckle.

"Actually, Morniel, you mentioned some news from Avernus? I'm guessing that has to do with Bel overstepping the boundaries of The Competition?" He looks over at Lathander at that.

Anastasia

"Yes. The dead walk Avernus," Lathander says solemnly, "Great hoards of the undead tear down Bel loyalists, while the Bronze Citadel is under furious attack. I do not believe Bel is long for this world, and soon devils will no more speak Bel's name."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Jaela perks up at the mention. "Undead, you say? From what source?" Lathander surely knows given his interests and portfolio.

Ebiris

"Lixer is being promoted in his place?" Afina guesses. "He hasn't exactly covered himself in glory during this campaign either."

Anastasia

"It seems so, though we won't know for certain. Asmodeus is a tricky one," Lathander's avatar replies. "I wouldn't advise trying to meddle in it by going to Avernus, as I have no doubt Asmodeus is watching these events closely. The few other times there's been regime changes in Hell, we've received warnings if we make motions to interfere in 'an internal infernal matter'."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Is there any information that suggests the forces of The Abyss intend to interfere?" Moore asks.

Corwin

Something to consider later, Jaela muses. "If I might raise the subject," she says to Lathander, "the late and unlamented Taelfagn mentioned an attempt to counter Shar. His methods were terrible, but it did make me wonder afterwards whether our side has an actual plan in place, and whether it needed an extra hand."