News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Celebration (Epilogue, everybody)

Started by Anastasia, March 04, 2018, 08:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The celebrations of Aurora's victory last into the night and the next day. The first true dawn in Lifasa in years, free of Hell's taint at last. Great are the cheers and greater is the joy as all celebrate a vast win against Hell.

Yet come the afternoon, officers and staff gather for an essential meeting. Everyone is wandering in - Balyss chatting with Simmer, Ram and Hanna laughing over a roast chicken they're making a large dent in, Finnegan leaning against the wall and nursing a tankard of ale, Drena and Westwind having a merry conversation in wind as much as speech and so many more. Only Sylvie and Moonlight are not here.

At the head of it is Morniel - smiling throughout, drifting amid it all and talking to many. He has words with Queen Ilsenine and Crystal, then a small conversation with Lady Skye. Even Lisa is here, curled up in a corner and watching, a big, half eaten turkey leg before her.

"Everyone, settle down, we actually have to talk," Morniel raises his voice, "We have news far and wide, as well as a visitor. We need to talk about devils in Lifasa, about rumors from Avernus and so much more."

Misaela is resting against Adrian, a giggle and a flush. She drinks deep from her wine glass, Adrian blushing a bit as he puts his arm around her. "Yeah, talk!" she laughs, having more wine after.

Priest looks up from a deep conversation with the Jarl, "Another time...and then we can talk about galuh," he says agreeably.

"Yeah, 'bout time," Tannin speaks up, "Finally saw myself a real, live berserk cornugon. Give me talking any day!"

Go ahead and intro yourselves. I'm getting this up super early since getting epilogue priorities went super fast. You all are welcome to chat amid yourselves if you want.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore flies in, looking well-rested. He gives everyone a nod and a wave before he settles in next to Ilsenine.

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru flies in, his scales of Chaos Diamond glittering insanely as he lands claws first into a roast chicken and begins tearing into it with nary a thought to the others, focused on sating his hunger.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Calleigh is atop Balyss' head again. She might be snoring.

Tryll is talking quietly with Tepen and the other irrigo.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Ilsenine smiles - a real, true smile. She gives Moore a brief hug, "We won," she says, voice touched with wonder. "The nightmare's over."

Kascha comes on over as Surraruthru feasts, smiling, "Eating up before you go see your tree and grove?" she asks, carrying a plate full of little slices of meat and cheese as...

> roll 1d20+8
<Kobot> Space_Cat rolled 1d20+8 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{12}

"Kyaaaah!" Kascha slips on something, stumbling, and sending meat and cheese all over Surraruthru's chicken as well as himself.

Meanwhile, Balyss looks up and smiles as Gytha remarks, "Home...we have a home now."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods and gives her a gentle pat on her hand. "There's still a lot of work to be done, I'm sure." He says with a smile.

Still, so many questions remain... but he has time to find answers for them.

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru growls as the mess falls on him and cleans it off.

"I'm going to have Balyss check you for a curse. Or take you to a luck god for a blessing. But yes, food follows victory. I doubt it'd be a wise first impression to claim my Grove and immediately begin hunting the locals. Then again, it'll establish the food chain right away... Perhaps I'll leave a little room in case someone gets mouthy..."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Ebiris

Afina happens to look a little bit lost, all things considered. After the euphoria of victory... well, she's pretty stuck by the concept of having a life after the Crusade. Everything before that was in service to Ilsenine, and during it her whole being was consumed solely with the war to free Lifasa. Now it's done and the future stretches out before her, it's actually a little bit scary not having an immediate goal or directive.

There are things of course. Killing more devils, figuring out her place in sylvan/eladrin nobility and forming a court of her own, drawing down Aurora's forces, but none of it occupies her so much as the Crusade itself had before now.

So when Morniel mentions news and visitors and rumours, she actually looks a bit relieved as she flutters into her customary chair. Those are more immediate and tangible things she can deal with!

Anastasia

"Heh...sorry?" Kascha blushes and plucks a bit of cheese off of Surraruthru's chicken, munching on it.

Meanwhile Makaril comes over to Afina, claiming a chair next to her. "Let's talk later," he murmurs, keeping his voice low.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina gives Makaril a little nod of agreement but keeps quiet to hear what Morniel has to say.

Corwin

Jaela sits right next to Adrian and the Graceful Blow officers in her rarely-used deep purple evening gown, flanked by Mirima and Tepen. Having eaten aplenty in preparation of the battles, she keeps on sipping celebratory fruity milkshakes with a bit of a kick in them, trusting in her supernatural constitution to keep her properly alert. She smiles at Makaril as he makes contact with Afina, but then her attention is drawn to Morniel.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Morniel holds a hand up and says, "We won."

The cheers are deafening, Morniel's next words drowned out. Only once they die down does he continue. "But there are several things to discuss. First of all, it seems impossible to summon a devil on Lifasa now, nor for one to enter through magic. Lifasa has emerged stronger from this ordeal and may be truly free of tyranny - at least directly from Hell."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Are there any devils remaining on our world?" Jaela addresses him. "And what of other fiends?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

"There's a large number of of devils in Aurora's dungeon, and one in the guest suites," Afina mentions, since figuring out what to do with them is on the agenda as well.

Anastasia

"We don't know yet, but divinations suggest other fiends are not so affected," Morniel declares, "We do. They seem safe in Aurora and a test shows they are unable to leave Aurora while it is on Lifasa."
<Afina> Forever.