News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Dawn wind (Moore)

Started by Anastasia, March 08, 2018, 02:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Finding Westwind isn't hard - he's sitting atop a tree near Aurora, basking in the winds and drinking. "Moore," he calls grandly, "Victory is the sweetest wine!"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"It is. I wanted to talk to you about The Whirlwind Throne." He says, flying to his side. "I'd like to go with you to return to petition them. You aided in our fight against Hell, just like we all knew you would. That deserves to be honored and praised by those across all the planes -- and I think it's only fair that they undo what they did in light of your heroic actions. I mean... I don't really have to argue the point to you, I realize, but..."

He takes a breath. "For all I know, The Whirlwind Throne was watching the battle, maybe they already did something and we don't need to go back. But I wanted to express my thanks to you either way -- and make sure I stated my feelings." He smiles a little bit at that. "I hope, even if you leave Aurora, you'll always know you have allies here."

Anastasia

Westwind has the rest of his wind and tosses the goblet aside. "Thank you, but no. I earned my punishment," Westwind sighs, standing up on thin air. "It's also a chance for me, one I plan to take advantage of."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It's important to understand your mistakes." Moore agrees. "At the same time, it's important to understand your accomplishments, too. Either way, I won't interfere, but know you have my support in whatever you do. I think they'll forgive it in time, though. It doesn't do Creation any favors to have people who do good things punished for eternities."

Anastasia

"I'll make my way back," Westwind chuckles, "Don't worry and thank you, Moore. You're a credit to all pixies."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I just do what I think is right." He says with a laugh. "Call on me if you need anything at all. And don't go and get yourself tangled up with any more crazy offspring of gods, okay?"

Anastasia

Anything left on your to do list of note beyond climbing Celestia?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Nothing that this epilogue would cover. He will go to Brightwater to regale everyone there with the story of saving Lifasa, but that doesn't have to be covered either officially. It's just something he'll do in due course.

Anastasia

A few days later...

Moore in his room in Aurora, going over this and that. Nothing important when...

Come.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Really can't miss an invitation like that, can I?" He says with a grin. "I guess it's less of an invitation and more of a proclamation, but..."

Either way, he will head outside of Aurora and Greater Plane Shift himself to Mount Celestia!

Anastasia

Celestia awaits you - yet you do not appear in the waves.

Mountainscape. A familiar one. A memory of first awakening, where you first began your journey. You stand there, the chill air blowing gently.

"Moore." The voice is to your side, for there awaits Erathaol. He floats just off the ground, "It is time for knowledge to be passed onto you."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It really hasn't been that long since I woke up here, yet it still feels like a lifetime ago." He says as he turns, offering a bow to his patron. "You know as well as I do I'm probably just going to have more questions after this is all over, but... I've learned to find my answers by forging ahead, so I know I'll find them regardless of how confused I might end up. It may not be the most perfect solution to life's problems, but..." He smiles. "It works for me, at least."

Anastasia

"Walk with me," Erathaol invites, beginning to walk the silent hills.

Once begun, "The Lost Realm you came from was made with one purpose in mind - to find those with the strength of will and character to oppose Shar. Those lost, beyond hope but those who deserved a second chance or who were sponsored by a deity are cast in there, born anew with the skills they had but none of the memories, a chance to live again and find if there is indeed adamantine within them."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I'm a little confused already, I admit." Moore says as he flies along. "Do you mean to say the person who comes out is more or less wholly different from the person who went in? I mean... it sounds as if the people who find themselves... mm. No, nevermind... I think I understand. It gives you an opportunity to live your life again, regardless of the circumstances that led to you being there."

Anastasia

"Yes. A chance for those who had some failing to overcome them. Remember Lost Hero?" In an instant, you do. "He is a celestial who struggled mightily with the sin of pride. Many fail - for our greatest failings are as part of us are our successes, yet a rare few succeed. Those few succeed and reach the end of the Lost Realm, where they emerge here with a chance to prove themselves further. In your case, in Aurora's Crusade."
<Afina> Forever.