News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Purchases:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Epic scrolls [CL39]
Scroll of Sensual Blessing [lvl12]
Scroll of Bibliotheca Arcana [lvl10]
Scroll of Epic Mage Armor [lvl11]
Scroll of Superb Dispelling [lvl11]
Scroll of Might of the Solar [lvl11]
Scroll of War's Echo [lvl13]
Scroll of Legion's Gate [lvl12]
Scroll of Glaciante's Spiteful Ward [lvl10]
Scroll of Many Moments of Prescience [lvl11]
Scroll of Three-Fold Breath [lvl11]
Scroll of Amea's Mental Partition [lvl11]
Scroll of Volcanic Genesis [lvl11]
Scroll of Greater Polar Ray [lvl13]
Scroll of Jaela's Teleport Block [lvl10]
Scroll of Burst of Glory [lvl12]
Scroll of Sunlance [lvl11]
Scroll of Mass Energy Immunity [lvl13]
Scroll of Cauldron's Hearth [lvl10]
(203x39x25)/2 = 98,962.5gp

Non-epic scrolls [CL39]
Scroll of Arcane Spellsurge [lvl7]
Scroll of Widened Perfect Summons [lvl4+1]
Scroll of Crown of Flames [lvl5]
Scroll of Body of the Sun [lvl2]
Scroll of Superior Invisibility [lvl9]
Scroll of Acid Sheath [lvl5]
Scroll of Fires of Purity [lvl6]
Scroll of Moonbow [lvl5]
Scroll of Reciprocal Gyre [lvl5]
Scroll of Ruby Ray of Reversal [lvl6]
Scroll of Scalding Touch [lvl7]
Scroll of Waves of Exhaustion [lvl7]
Scroll of Irresistible Dance [lvl8]
Scroll of Greater Stunning Breath [lvl7]
Scroll of Strength of the Dragon Princess [lvl8]
Scroll of Agility of the Dragon Princess [lvl8]
Scroll of Endurance of the Dragon Princess [lvl8]
Scroll of Insight of the Dragon Princess [lvl8]
Scroll of Mind of the Dragon Princess [lvl8]
Scroll of Beauty of the Dragon Princess [lvl8]
Scroll of Mind Blank [lvl8]
Scroll of Gate [lvl9]
Scroll of Seira's Phantom Battle [lvl4]
Scroll of Seira's Healing Flames [lvl4]
(157x39x25)/2 = 76,537.5gp

Other
2,000gp - +1 weapon
4,500gp - gift
3,900gp - Scroll of Beauty of the Dragon Princess [lvl8, CL39]

Cauldron funds were at 447,458.7gp. Purchases for items are at 185,900gp. Purchase of Glory of Hope (Spellpool) is at 200,000gp.

Available Cauldron funds are at 61,558.7gp.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Seira's Diadem

This wrough reddish-gold diadem appealing and simple, well made. It grants a +15 competence bonus ot Charisma based skills and a +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma. The wearer's voice is clear and powerful, able to be heard clearly for 100ft per hit die of the wearer. Yet the greatest function of the diadem is future seeing, allowing the wearer to have an instinctive grasp of which of her strategies are wise. This grants a +20 competence bonus to any check related to leading soldiers and planning battles, as well as the ability to 'sense' flawed plans. This works through powerful divination magic, able to foil any non epic protections to provide this, even if a plan would appear sound with the information the wearer has on hand.

Seira's Diadem is a minor artifact.

Philosopher's Spectacles

These darkwood, gold and glass spectacles grant a a +20 competence bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom based skill checks when worn. The holder's mental abilities expand with the reflections of the ages, granting a +6 bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom. Finally, the spectacles may cast sequester once per day (caster level 30th), except that the target does not become comatose.

Philosopher's Spectacles are a minor artifact.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

I would like Elle to make me the Gauntlets of Heartfelt Blows. Apparently, before they were cost-equivalent to 20k?

Anastasia

Yes. I might price them a little more these days, but even if I did, it's trivial money for your node. Go ahead.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Paying 20,000gp for them for now.
Remaining funds are at 41,558.7gp.

Old funds

Anastasia

Various bits of Seira realm loot

Gith Gifts

Most of these are little things, the sort of things sides give to lubricate the engines of trade and diplomacy. You do obtain a sampling of exotic goods from across the planes. None are of great magical power, but it ranges from unusual cloth, metals, materials, foods, spices, alchemical materials and much more. What you do with that sort of sampler is up to you.

Aurora Lore

This lorebook is a primer on the various vampires Aurora has dealt with in recent times. It grants a +10 bonus to Knowledge checks regarding vampires.

Bytopian Foods

The following foods have been discovered.

Two-Pear: A pear that once eaten, spontaneously reforms into a second pear. The second pear does not reform into a third pear. Tastes slightly stronger than a typical pear.
Gnomish Potatoes: Potatoes once favored by the gnomes of Bytopia. These potatoes are crisp, mild and excellent for all forms of cooking. Unlike normal potatoes, these grow on great, tall trees and fall to the ground. If left alone they burrow in sprout 1d3 normal potatoes, but this consumes the gnomish potato.

Vayley's Unusual Foods

Umagars: Several hundred of these tiny, flea like creatures are crushed into a paste and used as a meaty filling for a bun. The consumption of this meal grants a +1 bonus to Constitution if your Constitution is 15 or lower. Creatures with a higher Constitution score gain no benefit from it.
Fire Apples: Apples that are spicy and on fire. Fairly predictable fire elemental fare, but notable for the fact they help purge poisons from the body.
Cloudberry: This berry is the size of a fist and cloud white. These berries are said to only form once a century and only in places where many powerful minds reside. A creature that consumes this berry may treat any one Knowledge skill (chosen randomly from Knowledge skills it does not already have as class skills) as a class skill permanently. A creature can only benefit from one berry.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Noted. Let's cultivate all this food!

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Various bits of Alicia realm loot.

Aurora Lore

This lorebook is a primer on the various vampires Aurora has dealt with in recent times. It grants a +10 bonus to Knowledge checks regarding vampires.

Stonebreaker

This adamantine fullhammer+3 has a great deal of power over the earth. Against creatures with the earth subtype it functions as a +5 bane weapon that deals x5 damage on a critical hit.

Sunsteel

This metal looks to be a side effect of Latha's ascension, or perhaps a consequence of it from Sylica itself. It is identical to mithral except that anything made of it glows as if under a daylight spell (caster level 5th).

Sure we'll take Aurora's lore and the fullhammer and the bright metal.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm interested in creating this (or having Elle make it, if it's too expensive for dvr6 divine creation powers).

Corwin

Right, so let's cover some gear stuff.

Quote from: Corwin on April 24, 2020, 09:03:36 AM
Paying 20,000gp for them for now.
Remaining funds are at 41,558.7gp.

Old funds

Right, so purchases for divinely-created items (mostly a bunch of scrolls for posterity) were at 185,900gp. They're rolled back, and instead I'll just have Elle make Pearls of Power VIII and IX (72,500gp/145,000gp).

Other stuff I'm interested in are:

Boosting the Gauntlets of Heartfelt Blows with Ki Straps to add +2 to stunning fist DC so maybe it'll actually work! 5,000gp x1.5 increase for multiple different abilities (3,750gp/7,500gp). You approved the item before, but I didn't go into whether you wanted a price increase, so asking properly here.

Getting the Ring of Arcane Might (10,000gp/20,000gp) and merging it with with the Firebond Ring (Grants a +1 bonus to the caster level of spells with the fire descriptor). Would you allow it? If so, would it be multiple similar abilities or multiple different abilities?

Are the following items possible?

Pearl of Power X
Pearl of Power XI
Pearl of Power XII
Pearl of Power XIII
Pearl of Power XIV
Metamagic Rod (Fiery) lvl1-3
Metamagic Rod (Fiery) lvl7-9
Metamagic Rod (Fiery) lvl10-12
Metamagic Rod (Fiery) lvl13-15

Corwin

I figured I'd use this arc to do an audit of our gear. I'm going to roll up several basic items together for me once some questions are resolved, probably, but for now let's focus on the others!

Amaryl

I want her to take Qualles. We've talked about this before, but I see she still isn't using it and it's gathering dust in our treasury.

Qualles: This cloak of elvenkind grants a +15 competence bonus to Stealth checks and a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. When worn by an elf, they gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity (stacks with the enhancement bonus), a +2 to attack rolls with long swords or longbows and a +5 bonus to saves against enchantment spells and effects.

I do want to buff the stealth bonus to +30 competence. How much would it cost?

Incidentally, a question. Amaryl has the Bracers of Sublime Archery, I see.

Bracers of Sublime Archery: +3 competence bonus to ranged attack and damage rolls. Reduces the penalty for Manyshot to -1 per arrow.

But her attack routine is thus:

Full Attack: Heaven's Joy+63/+58/+53/+48 (1d8+37 plus skirmish/dragonfire strike 19-20 x3) or Manyshot+58/+58/+58/+58/+58/+58 (1d8+37 plus skirmish/dragonfire strike 19-20 x3) or 2 claws+36 (1d3+6)

Shouldn't Manyshot be at +62, since the penalty is just -1 with the bracers?

Also, Lumenvolo is showing its age, but it's also an artifact so I can't just throw money at it. Not sure what do to about it, but I'll keep an eye out for armors.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 15, 2020, 04:53:39 AM
I'm interested in creating this (or having Elle make it, if it's too expensive for dvr6 divine creation powers).

This one isn't a question of it being possible, per se, but I'd really rather not start raiding B3 for items to copy. Moreso when it's metamagic reduction and frankly there's enough of that in play as it is. Let's not.

File this one under 'let Jaela keep her unique things for herself'.

Quote from: Corwin on May 15, 2020, 05:12:09 AMBoosting the Gauntlets of Heartfelt Blows with Ki Straps to add +2 to stunning fist DC so maybe it'll actually work! 5,000gp x1.5 increase for multiple different abilities (3,750gp/7,500gp). You approved the item before, but I didn't go into whether you wanted a price increase, so asking properly here.

That's fine, just remember the MIC doubler for the ki straps.

QuoteGetting the Ring of Arcane Might (10,000gp/20,000gp) and merging it with with the Firebond Ring (Grants a +1 bonus to the caster level of spells with the fire descriptor). Would you allow it? If so, would it be multiple similar abilities or multiple different abilities?

Knock yourself out. I'd put it under similar.

QuoteAre the following items possible?

Pearl of Power X
Pearl of Power XI
Pearl of Power XII
Pearl of Power XIII
Pearl of Power XIV

They may be, let me think about it and do the math over the weekend. Ask me in a post for a result on Monday.

QuoteMetamagic Rod (Fiery) lvl1-3
Metamagic Rod (Fiery) lvl7-9

Yes. I'd have to look up how I priced the normal one, but it's probably (not 100%, check) the same price as other +1 metamagic rods. Assuming I'm right off hand and fiery's +1.

QuoteMetamagic Rod (Fiery) lvl10-12
Metamagic Rod (Fiery) lvl13-15

Metamagic rods generally cap at epic, so those are out.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 15, 2020, 09:05:43 AM
I figured I'd use this arc to do an audit of our gear. I'm going to roll up several basic items together for me once some questions are resolved, probably, but for now let's focus on the others!

Amaryl

I want her to take Qualles. We've talked about this before, but I see she still isn't using it and it's gathering dust in our treasury.

Qualles: This cloak of elvenkind grants a +15 competence bonus to Stealth checks and a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. When worn by an elf, they gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity (stacks with the enhancement bonus), a +2 to attack rolls with long swords or longbows and a +5 bonus to saves against enchantment spells and effects.

Sure. Bear in mind she already has a better stealth check bonus (+20) from her existing cloak and the other bonuses aren't huge for her, so it's more of a lateral trade up.

QuoteI do want to buff the stealth bonus to +30 competence. How much would it cost?

90k is the baseline, minus whatever a +15 booster cost.

QuoteIncidentally, a question. Amaryl has the Bracers of Sublime Archery, I see.

Bracers of Sublime Archery: +3 competence bonus to ranged attack and damage rolls. Reduces the penalty for Manyshot to -1 per arrow.

But her attack routine is thus:

Full Attack: Heaven's Joy+63/+58/+53/+48 (1d8+37 plus skirmish/dragonfire strike 19-20 x3) or Manyshot+58/+58/+58/+58/+58/+58 (1d8+37 plus skirmish/dragonfire strike 19-20 x3) or 2 claws+36 (1d3+6)

Shouldn't Manyshot be at +62, since the penalty is just -1 with the bracers?

Each additional arrow is a -2, so no. The bracers reduce the cumulative penalty to -1 per arrow. Note how the bracers also note it's -1 per arrow.

QuoteAlso, Lumenvolo is showing its age, but it's also an artifact so I can't just throw money at it. Not sure what do to about it, but I'll keep an eye out for armors.

That'll probably improve some with adventures and node goals for her.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

If you're wondering where the gold for Alyssa's last adventure went, that and more went into it as they helped pay for this. For those of you scoring at home, this is a mildly altered version of the crown that I priced at 1 million gold.

Crown of the Ten Stars

This crown was used to crown a demigoddess as the master of her realm. It is fitted with ten beautiful gemstones that each provide a unique benefit to the wearer.

1st (Orange Diamond): +1 bonus to caster level, as an orange ioun stone.
2nd (Ruby): +6 insight bonus to armor class.
3rd (Moonstone): Can be activated 3/day as a standard action to grant the wearer 75 temporary hit points.
4th (Amethyst): +30 competence bonus to Spellcraft checks.
5th (Sapphire): As a greater metamagic rod of sculpt spell.
6th (Black Diamond): As a rod of enemy detection.
7th (Emerald): As a ring of greater spellbattle.
8th (Clear Crystal): As greater spell immunity, except the wearer must set the spells chosen at the beginning of the day.
9th (Sunstone): +2 bonus to inspiration per encounter.
10th (Purple Diamond): As a rod of absorption, except that a day long ritual can be performed to recharge its storage potential.

When worn by royalty, the Crown of the Ten Stars also grants the abilities of a rod of rulership, except it has no limit to the amount of time it can be used and that the save DC is 40.

Crown of the Ten Stars is a minor artifact.
<Afina> Forever.