News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Treasure Ship Hunt

Started by Anastasia, May 18, 2018, 10:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay Iddy, let's start with how you plan to prosecute this hunt and who you are taking. Also, paste the info block from the end of the last topic. Thanks.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on April 27, 2018, 03:09:51 PM
We also have information of a lost treasure in Ooze. Details are scarce, but a treasure ship of the Githyanki was lost after a planar mishap, and according to our information, was lost in the vicinity of the Drowning Mountain, a landmark within Ooze. We consider there to be good odds that the treasure is still there and unplundered, as few care to venture into Ooze.

Okay, so. I ordered the Diviners to try and get more information and a location on this thing. Depending on what they say, if they get an exact location or not, I'd teleport/plane shift/whatever there. If not, I'd then start a search pattern to find the damn thing, with some more local divination to help narrow it down. I'd preferably want to take people who can either fly or earth glide.

I ordered Madala to put a team together, which IIRC, she's in charge of Sorcerers, so they'd have lots of castings of whatever. I'd have mages who aren't going and are on like, support staff duty to do long duration buffs on everyone before we leave with stuff that would protect from the negative effects of the plane.

I also wanted to do some preparation for possibly teleporting/gating the whole damn thing back. I don't know what this would take, as there's not a big "teleport a massive thing" spell that I personally know of. That being said, Cooperative Spell is a thing that every mage in the Arcane Order has, so we can circle up and Co-op gate or whatever as a quick fix me for that, or do some design into a huge magic circle for it.

I'd also have Jarem come and pull some of his people, and have his people who aren't going provide long duration buffs, too.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d100 for Dune!
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 76 > [d100=76]

Anastasia

Your team has tracked it down to a general area of approximately 20 miles in Ooze, as well as established a safe base camp there.

Jarem will be glad to help out.

Any other prep for it?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Yep. Buffs. I've listed them below, but there's a math thing we might need to work out. Energy Immunity is a level 10 spell. That means I need a CL of 21 to cast it. Tacking Echoing Spell onto it bumps it to a level 11 spell for me, which needs a CL of 24. My CL is 29 and Echoing Spell is -4 CL each casting. That means I can cast the Echoing version twice, then cast a regular level 10 version for 3 of them, yeah?

Heart of Fire, CL 29, Duration: 29 Hours.
Spoiler: ShowHide
This spell converts part of your body into elemental fire, which speeds your step and toughens your flesh. You gain a +10-foot enhancement bonus to your land speed and resistance to fire 20.

Furthermore, while this spell is active, you can activate a fire shield effect (as the spell; fire-based protection only) on yourself as a swift action. This benefit lasts for 1 round per level, at the end of which time the spell's entire effect ends.

For funsies, I pick the hair to turn to fire.

Heart of Air, CL 29, Duration: 29 Hours.
This spell converts part of your body into elemental air, freeing you somewhat from the bonds of gravity. You gain a +10 enhancement bonus on Jump checks, and if you have a fly speed, that speed gains a +10-foot enhancement bonus.

Furthermore, while this spell is active, you can activate a feather fall effect (as the spell) on yourself as an immediate action. This benefit lasts for 1 round per level, at the end of which time the spell's entire effect ends.

Elemental Body (Fire), CL 29, Duration: 29 Hours.
You have the benefits of the attune form spell (page 17) with respect to the appropriate element. If you choose a water body, for example, you can breathe normally on water-dominant planes.
You are immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, and stunning, and are not subject to extra damage from critical hits or flanking. You gain darkvision out to 60 feet.
Your creature type remains unchanged, so you are unaffected by spells that target elementals, but you gain the air, earth, fire, or water subtype depending on the elemental substance you chose.
Fire: Fire immunity, burn (those you hit in melee and those who attack you with natural weapons must make a Reflex save or catch fire, with a save DC equal to that of a fire elemental of the same size).

Mind Blank, CL 29, Duration: 24 Hours.
The subject is protected from all devices and spells that detect, influence, or read emotions or thoughts. This spell protects against all mind-affecting spells and effects as well as information gathering by divination spells or effects. Mind blank even foils limited wish, miracle, and wish spells when they are used in such a way as to affect the subject's mind or to gain information about it. In the case of scrying that scans an area the creature is in, such as arcane eye, the spell works but the creature simply isn't detected. Scrying attempts that are targeted specifically at the subject do not work at all.

Bibliotheca Arcana, CL 29, Duration: 24 Hours.
You establish a connection with the platonic ideal of a library and fill your mind with lore. You gain a +15 insight bonus to all knowledge checks and may make knowledge checks untrained. This knowledge extends to knowledge of your own life. You you have perfect recall of your own memories for the duration of the spell. Effects that change your memories, such as modify memory or mindrape, are suppressed for the duration of the spell. You gain the ability to read and speak all languages during this time, as if affected by a comprehend languages and tongues spell. Finally, you may instantly absorb the information of any written material you touch, as if by a scholar's touch spell. For the duration of the spell, you have perfect recall of the material read in this manner.

Energy Immunity (Cold), CL 29, Duration: 24 Hours.
This abjuration grants a creature and its equipment complete immunity to one of the five energy types-fire, cold, electricity, acid or sonic. Energy immunity only absorbs hit point damage, so side effects such as deafening from sonic attacks or immobilized in ice by an ice spell still apply.

Energy Immunity (Electricity), CL 25, Duration: 24 Hours.
This abjuration grants a creature and its equipment complete immunity to one of the five energy types-fire, cold, electricity, acid or sonic. Energy immunity only absorbs hit point damage, so side effects such as deafening from sonic attacks or immobilized in ice by an ice spell still apply.

Energy Immunity (Acid), CL 29, Duration: 24 Hours.

Many Moments of Prescience (3 uses), CL 29, Duration: 29 Hours.
This spell is identical to moment of prescience, except you can use its effects once, plus an additional number of times equal to your caster level divided by 10. The insight bonus equals your caster level (maximum +30).

Epic Mage Armor, CL 29, Duration: 29 Hours.
This spell is identical to mage armor, except that it grants a +20 armor bonus to armor class.

Alyssa Songsteel
HP: 288/288
Spells Active: Heart of Fire (CL29), Heart of Air (CL29), Elemental Body (CL29), Mind Blank (CL29), Bibliotheca Arcana (CL29), Energy Immunity: Cold/Acid (CL29), Energy Immunity: Electricity (CL25), Many Moments of Prescience (CL29), Epic Mage Armor (CL29)
Bonuses: +10 Ground Speed (HoF), +10 Fly Speed (HoA), +15 Insight Bonus to Knowledge checks (BA), +20 Armor Bonus (EMA)
Negative Conditions:

Iron Dragoon

Due to Starmantle being banned, I rejiggered my prepared spells, which led me to re-doing my buffs. See below.

Create Magic Tattoo: +1 Spellcaster Level, CL 30, Duration: 24 Hours.
+1 spellcaster level. This effect increases the subject's effective level, but not the total number of spells. For example, an 11th level caster who receives this tattoo functions as a 12th-level caster for the purpose of determining level-based spell variables (such as range, area, effect, and so on), but he does not receive any extra spells.

Magic Vestment +5 (Shield), CL 21, Duration 21 Hours.
You imbue a suit of armor or a shield with an enhancement bonus of +1 per four caster levels (maximum +5 at 20th level).

An outfit of regular clothing counts as armor that grants no AC bonus for the purpose of this spell.

Heart of Fire, CL 30, Duration: 30 Hours.
This spell converts part of your body into elemental fire, which speeds your step and toughens your flesh. You gain a +10-foot enhancement bonus to your land speed and resistance to fire 20.

Furthermore, while this spell is active, you can activate a fire shield effect (as the spell; fire-based protection only) on yourself as a swift action. This benefit lasts for 1 round per level, at the end of which time the spell's entire effect ends.

For funsies, I pick the hair to turn to fire.

Heart of Air, CL 30, Duration: 30 Hours.
This spell converts part of your body into elemental air, freeing you somewhat from the bonds of gravity. You gain a +10 enhancement bonus on Jump checks, and if you have a fly speed, that speed gains a +10-foot enhancement bonus.

Furthermore, while this spell is active, you can activate a feather fall effect (as the spell) on yourself as an immediate action. This benefit lasts for 1 round per level, at the end of which time the spell's entire effect ends.

Create Magic Tattoo: Spell Resistance 18, CL 26, Duration: 24 Hours.
Spell resistance equal to 10 + 1 per three caster levels.

Create Magic Tattoo: +1 Luck to Attack, CL 22, Duration: 24 Hours.
+1 luck bonus on attack rolls.

Elemental Body (Fire), CL 30, Duration: 30 Hours.
You have the benefits of the attune form spell (page 17) with respect to the appropriate element. If you choose a water body, for example, you can breathe normally on water-dominant planes.
You are immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, and stunning, and are not subject to extra damage from critical hits or flanking. You gain darkvision out to 60 feet.
Your creature type remains unchanged, so you are unaffected by spells that target elementals, but you gain the air, earth, fire, or water subtype depending on the elemental substance you chose.
Fire: Fire immunity, burn (those you hit in melee and those who attack you with natural weapons must make a Reflex save or catch fire, with a save DC equal to that of a fire elemental of the same size).

Superior Resistance, CL 30, Duration: 24 Hours.
This spell functions like resistance (PH 272), except as noted here. You grant the subject a +6 resistance bonus on saves.

Mind Blank, CL 30, Duration: 24 Hours.
The subject is protected from all devices and spells that detect, influence, or read emotions or thoughts. This spell protects against all mind-affecting spells and effects as well as information gathering by divination spells or effects. Mind blank even foils limited wish, miracle, and wish spells when they are used in such a way as to affect the subject's mind or to gain information about it. In the case of scrying that scans an area the creature is in, such as arcane eye, the spell works but the creature simply isn't detected. Scrying attempts that are targeted specifically at the subject do not work at all.

Bibliotheca Arcana, CL 30, Duration: 24 Hours.
You establish a connection with the platonic ideal of a library and fill your mind with lore. You gain a +15 insight bonus to all knowledge checks and may make knowledge checks untrained. This knowledge extends to knowledge of your own life. You you have perfect recall of your own memories for the duration of the spell. Effects that change your memories, such as modify memory or mindrape, are suppressed for the duration of the spell. You gain the ability to read and speak all languages during this time, as if affected by a comprehend languages and tongues spell. Finally, you may instantly absorb the information of any written material you touch, as if by a scholar's touch spell. For the duration of the spell, you have perfect recall of the material read in this manner.

Energy Immunity (Cold), CL 30, Duration: 24 Hours.

Energy Immunity (Electricity), CL 26, Duration: 24 Hours.

Energy Immunity (Sonic), CL 22, Duration: 24 Hours.

Energy Immunity (Acid), CL 30, Duration: 24 Hours.

Many Moments of Prescience (3 uses), CL 30, Duration: 30 Hours.
This spell is identical to moment of prescience, except you can use its effects once, plus an additional number of times equal to your caster level divided by 10. The insight bonus equals your caster level (maximum +30).

Epic Mage Armor, CL 30, Duration: 30 Hours.
This spell is identical to mage armor, except that it grants a +20 armor bonus to armor class.

Alyssa Songsteel
HP: 288/288
AC: 53.
Spells Active: Magic Vestment (CL30) Heart of Fire (CL30), Heart of Air (CL30), Create Magic Tattoo (Spellcaster Level/SR/Attack) (CL30/26/22), Elemental Body (CL30), Superior Resistance (CL30) Mind Blank (CL30), Bibliotheca Arcana (CL30), Energy Immunity: Cold/Acid (CL30), Energy Immunity: Electricity (CL26), Energy Immunity: Sonic (CL22), Many Moments of Prescience (CL30), Epic Mage Armor (CL30)
Bonuses: +10 Ground Speed (HoF), +10 Fly Speed (HoA), SR 19 (CMT), +1 Caster Level (CMT), +1 Luck Attack (CMT), +15 Insight Bonus to Knowledge checks (BA), +20 Armor Bonus (EMA), +5 Armor Bonus/Shield (MV), +6 Saves (SR)
Negative Conditions:

Anastasia

Are any of those being cast on Jarem as well or all they all Alyssa only?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa don't have an Eldritch Tapestry, so no. About the only ones I cast that can be cast on others is like, Magic Tattoo. If he wants that, I can give it to him. Um... I guess I can make Heart of Air echoing and give that to him if he wants? But no, generally all these spells are personal. The only ones he'd really benefit from are Elemental Body and Mind Blank, but I honestly don't have the slots to make those echoing. It'd be best to have a minion mage give those to him.

Anastasia

That's fine, we'll deal with details as things go on.

The base camp is a sphere - literally. A sphere of perhaps 50ft in diameter, a slab of stone serving as a floor. The dark, thick muck of Ooze is held at bay, clean and fresh air within here. Ritual circles are set up, wizards and sorcerers working away to maintain it. 

Jarem wrinkles his nose as you have a moment to look around, "Ugly place. The sewer of the planes, isn't it?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Some may think of it that way, but to the those that exist here, it's paradise. I'll agree the... aesthetics... of the place don't agree with me, however."

She turns to the mages, "Report. Have we gotten the location narrowed down?"

Anastasia

"WE have, ma'am," The mage here is Researcher Janise, a rather homely woman with an unfortunately long face and far too piggish nose. "We believe it's embedded in a deep muck pool. However, something on the ship is scrambling teleportation, wounding creatures who teleport close by - and the auguries of trying to teleport directly to it suggest that a direct teleport will not be survived."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Mmm. What kind of wounding? And how close can we get? How far from here?"

Anastasia

"Being directly scrambled, ma'am," Janise replies, "Parts of the body not where they are supposed to be."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa lets out a low whistle.

"Well, that's a bit mean. And the rest? Distance and direction?"