News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Treasure Ship Hunt

Started by Anastasia, May 18, 2018, 10:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"All of them!" Emily blurts out, "I mean, I want it to be like my Mom escaping from Shar's grasp in her home realm, or the time she fought the Destroyer - that was a super power reincarnated tarrasque. Plus the times she opened up new trades and made a lot of money."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa sighs.

"I know how you feel, but those things are built up to. The stories never go into details, but I'm willing to bet if you asked either of your mothers, they'll tell you for every grand story about a victory, there's a week of sleeping in mud and boredom. But, let me think... I might have something you can test out. I've heard of two major oddities. First one, there are Ghosts of some sort in Vacuum. Nothing should be there. Second, Hades apparently lives. You can think on both of those, but before I'll agree to do anything with you, we need to put together a proposal for your parents. I will not allow my Order to be dragged into a family argument."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"But...I wanted to do this without them..." Emily shakes her head, "I wanted this to be my own."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"It can be, Emily. The thing is, mothers are protective and you have two. If they notice and don't know what's going on, they'll intercede no matter what. It's best to, at the very least, let them know you're planning to dip a toe into the pool, so to speak.

For example, let's say we do go to Hades. If they have servants investigating or are investigating themselves, and another deity takes notice, what will happen when you show up unexpectedly? Whoever they're in conflict with will almost assuredly draw you into it. I'm not saying you have to check in with them or clear things with them, but they need to know you're out and about so they can take it into account. What if Shar or another god thinks you're out alone and tries to come for you?

Another example, there's apparently a new Archomental on Ash. What if your mothers are in talks with them and you step on to the plane unannounced? Would the Archomental see it as your mothers calling in reinforcements? Or what if I take you there with me to meet him. Does he take your presence to mean I have the backing of your parents when they know nothing about it? The sad truth of your birth is that it places a far greater weight on your actions than it should.

As I said, I'm willing to help you argue the point, to a degree, but going behind their backs is rarely going to go well. Especially since they're gods. Let's figure out a few specific things you want, and we can build a case for you and go from there. Pick which of things I mentioned you're most interested in."

Anastasia

Toss a Diplo check over the shattered hopes and dreams that, Alyssa.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d20+36 Diplo
<Kobot> Iddy rolled 1d20+36 Diplo --> [ 1d20=19 ]{55}

Anastasia

Emily...slumps a bit, but nods. "Yes, I suppose you're right," she murmurs. After a few moments she recovers and says, "I want adventure, action, intrigue, a beautiful prince..."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa chuckles.

"Then read a book. Hell, you're the daughter of a god, I'm sure there's a princely son of a god somewhere who'd be interested. For now, how about we work out where you want to go and get things in line for your parents? If you really don't want to confront them, you could simply regulate it to a message to one of their personal servants or the like."

Anastasia

"Well, somewhere with a good fight and good adventure," Emily perks up, smiling a bit, "Mom's trained me to fight evil and Sharrans."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Sounds like Hades is the best bet. So. Let's see... Something along the lines of... 'I heard a rumor about unusual life in Hades. I'm going to scout it out, but I'm not going alone. I'm taking a mage I heard about who I think might be strong enough to keep up with me. I don't plan to go deeply into Hades, but I think gathering information is something I can handle.'

What do you think? I don't know your mothers, so you'll have to judge how well they'll buy it."

Anastasia

"I think they'll handle that alright," Emily says, "I can send them a message for that."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods.

"That's fine then. You're able to be here for a full 24 hours? I've just returned from Ooze, so I need to rest and prepare my spells. If you'd like, you can take a guest room here for the time and explore. Visit with some of our mages and see if you make any friends."

Anastasia

"Less than that, but not much less," Emily says, "It would be nice to see everyone here!"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods and calls for Lorathana to get Emily situated and guide her around.

Anastasia

Okay, so what's your plan here?
<Afina> Forever.