The depths of Ice

Started by Anastasia, August 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Then teleport there," The minotaur snorts loudly, arms crossed. "Why waste ages walking?"

Dana shrugs, "I dunno, I'm wondering that shit myself. Hey Tryll, why are we walking?"

Debonah just says quiet, eyes on the minotaur and wolves.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'I've never been there before and I'd rather not attempt it blindly. Unless you want to risk the possibility of me missing] and we all become one with Ice?'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Risk? I welcome it," The minotaur snorts, a loud and bestial sound. "Join with Ice. Become one with Winter. Thus will you enter into the embrace of the Frostmaiden, now and forever."

"Brr," Benyen shivers, "Sorry, but I'm not going to cheat on Dana with Auril, even if I bet she's ho-er, I mean she's gorgeous!"

Dana smiles at that, "Damn right you won't," she agrees.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Apologies, but we have a bit too much to do right now to join Auril's domain. Perhaps another time. Was there anything else?'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

The minotaur glares at you, but shakes his head. With a gesture the wolves turn and take him off, back into the storm.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

And thus they continue onward.

"That was kinda weird."

Anastasia

"So yeah," Dana agrees, "We really just going to walk until we find it? Planar distance is fucking vast."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

"Tryll," Debonah speaks up, "Are we going forward to Auril's Realm or are we going to Starline? Let us not waste time in case the enemy can divine our attack."

"That and it's bitterly cold," Miranda says, "Let's make a decision."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Well, we're headed to Starline right now, so I don't know what you want me to say here.' Tryll replies.

Anastasia

Debonah sighs softly, "Tryll. How big is Ice?" she says. "The elemental planes are infinite. Infinite. As in they have no end and go on forever. The only reason there's boundaries to them is because of metaphysical laws, you can endlessly explore more and more Ice if you want to. There's no need or reason for many things to be close together. There can be hundreds, thousands or more miles between two points without it being remarkable. Do you know that Starline is close to where we are, on the border of Auril's holdings on Ice?"

"I've wondered about that," Miranda speaks up, "Why are there border regions if they go on forever? If it's endless, then it can't end."

"It has to do with metaphysical concepts and the elementals being linked," Debonah explains, "It's infinite, but you can pass out of it at the same time. Distance isn't the only important thing in the planes, but it is an important thing. In other words, open a portal closer if we're not stopping by Auril's domain and let's get this going."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Oh. Right. I forget that, sometimes. Hm. Right, well. Where's the Machiss Glacier at?'

Anastasia

Okay, you got the info on that already, so the question is where precisely you're aiming relative to it.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Relatively nearby, I suppose? Within sight of the glacier, if possible. Near an entrance to the city, preferably. Out of sight is also preferred.

Anastasia

The blizzard winds are gone here, clear visibility. You stand beneath a hill, perhaps 50ft tall and rising up like a gentle swelling from the snow packed ground. Beyond you see it, looming - a massive, mountainous glacier. It is massive and flat, looming hundreds of feet high. It stretches back farther than you can see at this angle, shielded from most of the view.

"Deep within Machiss Glacier?" Dana repeats slowly, then grins. "This is gonna be good."
<Afina> Forever.