News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

The depths of Ice

Started by Anastasia, August 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"We'll have to go up and find out," Benyen says, "Should be fun." He readies his blade, Hell Striker in hand.

Debonah inclines her head forward, "They doubtless have patrols, defenses and obstacles. We won't get in unopposed."

"Good," Miranda says, "Let them break against us like an egg against the ground."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

"That sounds messy. And sticky! I don't want lich guts on me!"
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Debonah chuckles at that, "Then let us do the work and you support us."

Anyway, ball is in your court here, Yuth.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Thus the party walks to the top of the hill. From here you have a view. It is  massive glacier, deeper than you can see and vastly wide. It sits in the middle of a river, with water an intense, deep blue that crackles visibly with ice that forms and shatters in an instant. It does not dam the river, rather being in place and the water passing through countless holes and gaps within it.

What means of perception do you have, Yuth?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

No true seeing, see invisibility, blindsense or anything? Okay.

"Be alert," Debonah says, "Invisible riders patrol." Her voice is terse, a bow in hand from seemingly nowhere. They ride frozen mounts and carry blades like jagged icicles."

"Even fucking better," Dana smiles, "Coming right at us and saving us the walking!"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

OH GOD YES TRUE SEEING sorry, just woke up

Anastasia

You can see them as well, 90ft up and 20ft to the west/northwest of you. They're already swooping on down at the party - great, armored warriors clad in ice-covered steel and carrying swords like jagged icicles. The horses are like horses of solid ice, flying as if they had wings.

Init.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Tryll[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 10 + 9, total 19[/blockquote]Calleigh[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+15 : 18 + 15, total 33[/blockquote]

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+9 Dana
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+9 Dana --> [ 1d20=8 ]{17}
> roll 1d20+15 Miranda
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+15 Miranda --> [ 1d20=3 ]{18}
> roll 1d20+6 Benyen
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+6 Benyen --> [ 1d20=11 ]{17}
> roll 1d20+11 Debonah
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+11 Debonah --> [ 1d20=5 ]{16}
> roll 1d20+8 riders
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+8 riders --> [ 1d20=18 ]{26}

Init is Calleigh (33) > Riders (26) > Tryll (19) > Miranda (18) > Benyen = Dana (17) > Debonah (16)

Open.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh raises a crystal wand and attempts to remind the riders that horses don't belong in the air!

Touch Attack for Tornado Blast on center-most rider or whoever is closest to the largest portion. No SR.[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+28 : 12 + 28, total 40[/blockquote]If hit:[blockquote]Rolled 8d6 : 3, 4, 6, 1, 2, 5, 5, 5, total 31[/blockquote]That guy + everything within 40 ft takes damage and gets flung about (Ref 19 halves damage, does not negate fling).[blockquote]Rolled 17d6 : 5, 6, 3, 6, 6, 1, 4, 2, 4, 3, 1, 1, 5, 6, 3, 3, 1, total 60[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]Everything affected moves the above number x10 feet in a random direction. Bonus points if they collide with each other or get dismounted because of it.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+18
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+18 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{23}

The riders - about half a dozen of them - ar ehit by the blast, sent flying and rider in another direction. The others are battered and beaten, knocked about in all directions. Formation broken, they begin to recover and...

One down, 5 to go. That it for you turn, Calleigh?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"That should slow 'em down!" Calleigh says.

Yep.