"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

The Realm of the Cauldron

Started by Anastasia, November 20, 2018, 11:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Update 5

Valar reports that the war continues and is going steady for the moment.

Na'lith reports a small rise in desertions due to the war effort and the realities of that, but he has taken steps to neutralize this.

Commander Oberuth has sent a report through your clergy that a pair of agents for Imix have been captured by the Crimson Guard and your own forces in Balmuria. It is believed they planned to strike against Seira's advancements in the Baronies, which continue apace now.

Berry reports that the Gith have requested a meeting with you.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Does Valar believe we need to maintain double funding merely to keep up?

Na'lith is honored for his achievements, although Seira does wonder how desertions are possible in heaven, much less one whose forces are mostly loyal elementals. Are we using mercenaries?

Seira passes her thanks to Commander Oberuth. Speaking of the advancements, is Elle done with the Portal Network 2.0 on that Prime?

I'd like Barry to tell me who in the Gith is interested in a meeting. Is it the Lich Queen herself?

From the previous update, Yandrazrt reported a breakthrough for behemoth research. There were mentions of timetable adjustments, but I don't see that. How close are we?

What happened with Salmon Blueface? Has Sanzha vetted him?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Valar reports holding steady should do for now.

The occasional mortal and the like. Occasionally people leave for a variety of innocent and not so innocent reasons, moreso when it's mortals who still have mortal lives and interests. Moreso when the pressures of war bear down. It's not large at all.

Berry says it'll be an unspecified agent of the Gith Queen.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

If it's an agent of Vlaakith, invite them over to the Cauldron. Set it up a week from now.

Anastasia

Update 6

Omni reports his research is done. This will be fulfilled in due time once the OOC design work is done. For now, feel free to talk to him and reassign his position elsewhere.

Oberuth sends you a short message that 'reprisals against followers of Imix' have been undertaken with some success.

Xera reports that Zariel has found a lead on the Lost Chalice. She believes that the Lost Chalice is 'attended to' by brachina handmaidens and that any rescue would need to factor them in.

Also, I'd suggest checking over your tasks, see if any need adjusting or changing.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

First, I finally should have a new category of 'completed tasks', which is where the elemental harmony research is going.

Next, under 'inactive tasks':

QuoteInvestigating Io
Task Rank: N/A
Task Difficulty: Custom (Any)

This should be removed, I found him sans realm research. Maybe move to completed?

I'm going to start on this one:

All Elemental Research
Task Rank: 19
Task Difficulty: Critical (50%)(Moderate and 10% due to your rank)

Since it's also elemental research, it gets the 7% realm resources and Omni.

Corwin

Omni is congratulated, and asked to explore the mysteries of his own creation. He's unique and powerful and very intelligent, and insights gathered during this research would benefit greatly to our elemental uplift project!

Oberuth is sent a shipment of mead and ale for those who participated as a small token of my gratitude and approval.

I'll take 10 on any relevant knowledge for 103 on brachina handmaidens to see what I know IC.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

You've forgot to remove "All Elemental Research" from inactive after adding it to the ongoing tasks.

Anastasia

Omni will happily do so.

You know about brachina already - they're in the FC2 if you need a refresher. In this case they're likely exactly what they're supposed to be - companions, 'friends' and probably jailers for the Lost Chalice. How much that last part matters with Dispater and Yemimah involved is anyone's guess. Regardless, they're likely advanced and well trained brachina to suit their station. One does not give an honored guest like that mere any brachina, after all. Standards and protocol must be kept.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Update 7

Berry Crownsguard reports that the gith are staying fairly steady now that the war is winding down - they've stayed the course and stayed out of it. Discussions with gith traders, read between the lines, suggest that they're happy it's ending.

Donald forwards reports from Malana to you. According to them, a foreign element of Aurilites has slowed down efforts there, though the effort given has helped prevent it from being a reversal.

Xera reports that their efforts involving the Lost Chalice lead them to a cache of goods from Dis. This includes 1 pound of living iron, which they're offering to you if you want to personally experiment or investigate it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

All good news, if read in the right way.

I would like to establish a new research project, since we now have living iron and living adamantine in the Cauldron, plus whatever edible gold Lagann recently brought back. Let's level our metallurgy and see whether we can use it for upgraded golems or anything else of interest. Perhaps even the fantasy equivalent of cyborgs, pioneered by Lagann?

I'd be interested in learning whether we're close to another breakthrough, perhaps with Behemoths?

Anastasia

That's been slowed a little bit recent war events, but it progressing well. Probably next update once the war's done.

It's worth noting something roughly akin to cyborgs exist: half golems. It does have some drawbacks as written, though some have worked with this to reduce those problems or circumvent them. In a lot of ways it's easier to go full construct than half and half.

Do you want to invest anything in this task right now?

Living Metallurgy
Task Rank: 21
Task Difficulty: Moderate (10%)
Investment:

This may lead to upgraded golems, half golems and other such things.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Half-golem half-elementals! Living the dream~