News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

The Battle of Father and Son

Started by Anastasia, May 16, 2019, 02:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

You notice a glimmer of something on the horizon, subtle but like a red-orange metallic glow.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

This might be is, Seira thinks in Elle, Ranbar and Donald's heads, sending an image of the flash to them. Are you in top health?

As she waits on them to answer, Seira reaches out to Lady Honeydip once more. Not to rush you during command of a battle of that scale, but would you be able to leave the front lines for half a minute at a moment's notice should I need your help with Imix? I still need an answer, and it just became more pressing.

Also wondering whether Elle used the Endurance Princess spell on Ranbar like I requested.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

She did.

'If you command it, I'll be there. I've already partially withdrawn and have another in my position.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

My best chance at surprising Imix lies in an all out assault, though I'd need your help piercing his magical protections to have more than a longshot at it. Should he oblige by appearing on the battlefield, my avatar will bring you to us.

Is everyone back at max hp? I gave them fast heal 8 and 68 temp hp, so I want to see whether there's more to do in prep.

Anastasia

If that helps. I still need to apply all the spells from your post - I have that open in another tab and was just using that since been hyper busy - but she has that up and here's their general condition.

[spoiler]

Include strength/mind of the dragon princess.

Recitation and Celestial Valor, obviously. Channeled spell is Chain Dispel again (move action).

Donald
HP: 792/792
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+0, Damage+0 AC+0, Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Quick Cast 6/6 Protection Devotion 1/1 +5 One Attack On FA 1/1 (rnd) Take 10 On One Attack (rnd) 1/1 Armor Haste 13/15 Breath Weapon Boost 3/3 Weapon Damage Dice Boost 3/3
Spells Used: 1 8th level duskblade
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Two quickened spells/round when under armor's haste, unkillable allows Con saves to not be reduced below 1 HP. Slashing flurry enables extra attacks for penalties.

Elle
HP: 776/776 (fast healing 5)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Resources: Dragon Breath (DD) 1/1 Touch of Vitality 126/126 Mythical Cast Maximize 3/3
Spells Used: Maximized Queen's Displeasure, Antimagic Zone, Quickened Empowered Maximized Twinned Moonbow
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Epic Mage Armor (CL31)
Notes:

Ranbar
HP: 560/560
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Resources: Channel Energy 12/12 Inspiration 15/24 (enc) Cunning Save 4/4
Spells Used: Cleric: Barraged Heal Factotum: Barraged Strength of the Dragon Princess, Barraged Mind of the Dragon Princess.
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Endurance of the Dragon Princess (CL34)
Notes: Baseline cunning insight is +4 from feats, exalted adds +6, total of +10 if used in tandem with that.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira decides to try seeing a bit past her range by conjuring up a boosted variant of Prying Eyes and sending them quite past her range.

That helps, thanks. Meanwhile, I'm using a Miracle for a more distant Prying Eyes variant. At the very least I can enlarge the original spell to get 2 miles instead of 1, correct? I'm hoping I can either use those eyes as my own and get an extra 2 miles of sight via them instead of the standard 120ft, or push the distance of the eyes themselves farther.

Anastasia

Sure, what level is prying eyes and how high a level can you get to? Just doing some back of envelope math, this'll work but I wanna have an idea of how far you can go with it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Sorc/Wiz5, so a lvl7 sorc/wiz spell or a lvl8 clr spell can be emulated easily. Just not sure how the spell would interact with divine perception, or if the basic version can be made to interact with it.

Anastasia

Each eye can see 120 feet (normal vision only) in all directions.

That would shut down using them to see more than 120ft with the baseline spell, though increasing the range is certainly possible. I'd say two miles is fine with a few spell levels to burn.

So go ahead with those.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira decides to keep the fake eyes out there at the maximum distance. It might be similar to what she can perceive in person, yet should anything move past them or destroy them, she would be able to react an instance sooner due to it feeling more real to her.

Anastasia

You can see it approaching - a storm of fire and blades. Vast, vaster enough to envelop an entire army. Like a tidal wave of fire and swords, roaring towards all of you. It's just over two miles away as of now.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

How high does it reach? A hundred feet, a thousand, several miles?

Do I think it's a spell? If so, which one?

Perception 10 for 103 and Knowledge Arcana/Religion/Planes/Nature 10 for 103 and Spellcraft 10 for 103 (divine insight)

Anastasia

The wave reaches perhaps 200ft high, though surges higher and lower as it goes.

If it's a spell it's one you don't know.

You can see closer. The flame looks almost oozelike, like a living thing. Like flaming slime, really. That seems odd indeed - there's types of flaming slimes on fire, no real harm to anyone like you. But most aren't this gigantic, either. You've heard stories of gigantic ones deep beneath Fire, nurtured on pools of primordial lava and the like. They don't usually carry swords with 'em, naturally.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

With a frown, Seira transports herself two miles ahead. Staying one mile up as before, she then attempts to summon a fireball as massive as her disintegrating sphere! It may not be anywhere near that powerful, and it's a bit annoying to have to dodge her own spell, but Seira decides to see what happens when goldenfire envelopes the entire flaming ooze!

And also see whether it's larger than 4 miles across, since that's the max I can hit with one spell.

19:47 <CC> roll 1d20+47 SR
19:47 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 49 > [d20=2]

This is fire, so a Widened Fireball would do 60 damage. Ref DC 40 half. I autopass it on a 1, so rolling is unnecessary.

Finally, my standard action this round will be used once this resolves.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+16
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=1]

The tidal wave is scorched by your goldenfire - it's definitely some sort of ooze, wiggling and wobbling from that fire, parts of it all over visibly scorched. Your entire fireball doesn't kill it - it's maybe a mile and a little more across - but it is scorched.
<Afina> Forever.