News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Date night

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

You peer ahead as you  move in, space twisting and contorting. No signs of immediate reactions at the midway point, though you are moving fast.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Once Marie brings up the rear after Sanzha and Jessica, the four of them in the water that's being cleaned around Alicia, another pinch of space contracts ahead of them to bring them within about a thousand feet of the air-filled bubble, Alicia stepping through and waiting before she contracts the space ahead once the others join her, the next move being the one that takes them into the enemy's midst.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

On the space compression?

[16:56] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+36
[16:56] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 1d20+36 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{56}

Anastasia

There's resistance.

Something that folds back against your space. A defense of some kind? A counter? You aren't sure, but it doesn't matter. It can't keep up, resistance breaking to your own efforts. It gives up, becoming slack and no longer opposing your own effort, and a moment's concentration lets you...

Are you going for any particular place in there?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She only just invented this spell a little while ago and someone already has a counter? She supposes it's her own fault for not being secretive about her spells...

Plus side she can study the counter and it'll hopefully lead to further avenues of spell development. All glory to Mystra!

[17:17] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+52 spellcraft
[17:17] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 1d20+52 spellcraft --> [ 1d20=4 ]{56}

Spellcraft to tell what's trying to interfere, she has arcane sight up.

As for where aiming, it depends on the layout of the structures. Someplace visible but not in a killbox - like on a tower rather than in a courtyard for instance.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 772+20/772
Active spells: Many moments of prescience (CL 33), extended mind blank (CL 33), extended nondetection (CL 33), sensual blessing (CL 33), epic mage armour (CL 33), recitation (CL 33), greater heroism (CL 33), repelling shield (CL 33), spell turning (CL 33), dance of the unicorn (CL 33), foresight (CL 33), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 33), extended ray deflection (CL 33), telepathic bond (CL 33)
Defences: AC 96, CMD 107, spell resistance 48, energy immunity (fire and cold), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear, dazzled & blinded), nondetection (DC 48), ray deflection, freedom of movement
Stat buffs/penalties: +25 competence perception, doubled crit range, +10 armour AC, +3 luck attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +4 morale skills, +2 insight AC/reflex, +10 insight perception, +8 morale attack/damage, +6 morale saves/dodge AC, +4 competence attack, +3 competence fort
Perceptions: Darkvision, tremorsense, blindsight 3 miles, scent, arcane sight, perception +89
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/14/8/9/15/9/8/4/8/7/6/6/4
Duskblade spell slots: 6/23/23/21/11/7/7

Marie: 711+20/711
Active spells: Extended mind blank (CL 33), extended nondetection (CL 33), sensual blessing (CL 33), epic mage armour (CL 33), recitation (CL 33), greater heroism (CL 33), repelling shield (CL 33), extended ray deflection (CL 33), greater arcane sight (CL 33), bibliotheca arcana (CL 33), telepathic bond (CL 33), freedom of movement (CL 33)
Defences: AC 92 (CMD 86), spell resistance 48, energy immunity (electricity), status immunity (petrification, polymorph, form-altering, energy drain, ability drain, ability damage, mind-affecting), nondetection (DC 48), ray deflection, freedom of movement
Stat buffs/penalties: +25 competence perception, +3 luck attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +4 attack/saves/skills, +15 insight knowledge
Perceptions: Darkvision, tremorsense, blindsight 60, scent, greater arcane sight, perception +77
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/10/10/9/7/8/9/8/7/8/7/4/6/4

Anastasia

Less that and more that space folding isn't a total unknown. Something brushed against it rather than your spell already having a personal counter.

You can see it. It looks to be a defense, stretching out space to further slow down those that get close, but only those heading towards the city. It does not impede those going from it. It's a ring, projected outward from somewhere just within the city. It isn't as strong as yours, or in the common parlance, yours was bigger.

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

That's fine, just wanted to know for knowledge's sake.

Anastasia

Amid the spires and minarets the party appears, atop one towertop. Nothing's here, just a natural viewpoint amid the city. Splendor is in all directions, save for ringing the outer perimeter, where water is passed through, in and then out, surely stripped of wealth and value once in.

The air here is clean and pure, yet with a faint sensation of almost must, like cave air. It's rich. Scents exotic and enticing are carried from below.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Marie?" she asks, her proxy nodding and starting to cast, a ban on all teleportation extending across most of the lake.

Enlarged Jaela's teleport block cast, 3300 foot radius blocking all teleportation and summoning.

Alicia then steps off the minaret as she clears her warped space, water dripping off her before she expands to colossal size, dominating the towers and minarets with physical presence while making her voice heard to all within.

"Dao of the Abyssal Lake. This facility is now claimed by Sylica. Lay down your arms, depart your posts, and present yourselves for surrender, and you will not be harmed."

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 1068+20/1068
Active spells: Many moments of prescience (CL 33), extended mind blank (CL 33), extended nondetection (CL 33), sensual blessing (CL 33), epic mage armour (CL 33), recitation (CL 33), greater heroism (CL 33), repelling shield (CL 33), spell turning (CL 33), dance of the unicorn (CL 33), foresight (CL 33), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 33), extended ray deflection (CL 33), telepathic bond (CL 33)
Defences: AC 102, CMD 129, spell resistance 48, energy immunity (fire and cold), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear, dazzled & blinded), nondetection (DC 48), ray deflection, freedom of movement
Stat buffs/penalties: +25 competence perception, doubled crit range, +10 armour AC, +3 luck attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +4 morale skills, +2 insight AC/reflex, +10 insight perception, +8 morale attack/damage, +6 morale saves/dodge AC, +4 competence attack, +3 competence fort, +32 str, -4 dex, +16 con, +14 natural armour, -8 size attack/AC
Perceptions: Darkvision, tremorsense, blindsight 3 miles, scent, arcane sight, perception +89
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/14/8/9/15/9/8/4/8/7/6/6/4
Duskblade spell slots: 6/23/23/21/11/7/7

Marie: 711+20/711
Active spells: Extended mind blank (CL 33), extended nondetection (CL 33), sensual blessing (CL 33), epic mage armour (CL 33), recitation (CL 33), greater heroism (CL 33), repelling shield (CL 33), extended ray deflection (CL 33), greater arcane sight (CL 33), bibliotheca arcana (CL 33), telepathic bond (CL 33), freedom of movement (CL 33)
Defences: AC 92 (CMD 86), spell resistance 48, energy immunity (electricity), status immunity (petrification, polymorph, form-altering, energy drain, ability drain, ability damage, mind-affecting), nondetection (DC 48), ray deflection, freedom of movement
Stat buffs/penalties: +25 competence perception, +3 luck attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +4 attack/saves/skills, +15 insight knowledge
Perceptions: Darkvision, tremorsense, blindsight 60, scent, greater arcane sight, perception +77
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/10/10/9/7/8/9/8/7/8/7/3/6/4

Anastasia

Give me an Intimidate or Diplo check, that's on the border depending on how you're aiming.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[18:10] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+58 diplo/intimidate are both the same, though intimidate gets size bonuses. She hasn't said the 'or else' so we'll call it diplo to be fair.
[18:10] <Rei-chan> Ebiris rolled : 1d20+58 diplo/intimidate are both the same, though intimidate gets size bonuses. She hasn't said the 'or else' so we'll call it diplo to be fair. --> [ 1d20=1 ]{59}

Anastasia

Your words echo in the minds of all as...

We are merciful to those who turn to peace. There is a better way than defending your own evils.

Antenora aids for +2 more for 61.

Obviously, there's no immediate verbal response, but on the streets below you see dao freeze up, servants pause, everyone lost in a moment of surprise at the messages.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Antenora isn't here, btw.

I mean she could be watching with remote viewing, I'm not stopping her, but it's a bit odd for her to interject in this situation and you've misplaced NPCs before so making sure you haven't made a mistake like that.

The party is Alicia, Jessica, Marie, and Sanzha.

Anastasia

I have no idea why I've had Antenora on the brains lately for your groups. I really don't.

Strike that line.

Please, don't fight a doomed battle. Come to our mercy instead of facing our wrath.

Okay, fixed. Anything to add to that since this ended up being an embarrassing interrupt.
<Afina> Forever.