News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Ahead lies the great light that...

Started by Anastasia, December 25, 2019, 07:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

"I think the best path for most of us is One, then something else, but if the ritual of One doesn't seem like something you want to pursue, we have other avenues." Moore says. He turns to Sylvie. "Out of curiosity, since it will affect how much exposition I drop on you, how much of what we've all been doing since... well, since your disappearance, have you been aware of? It wasn't clear if you simply knew about us because of the Lord of the Hebdomad or something else."

Anastasia

"I'm caught up," Sylvie waves it off, "Go on."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Well, the reason I bring it up is we ran into something in our travels, pieces of equipment from someone named Syllen." Moore says. "He was a fey-blooded mage from a long time ago. Anyway, his equipment is potent and gets stronger if you have all the pieces. During all of that, Shar was courteous enough to inform us that she was holding Syllen's soul in one of her awful holdings, so I had been considering going there at some point to get it back, despite the obvious... problems."

He shakes his head. "Anyway, I developed a spell that will help us in finding the other ones, so I'll likely be focusing on doing that soon, but I'd like to finalize the matters with One before I really put much effort into anything else."

Anastasia

"We'll have a chance to do that one day, but let's not challenge Shar until we're ready," Sylvie says, "Keep it in mind for the big battle. I've had a bit of contact with Antenora, we're going to get together shortly to work out how we can aid everyone to the utmost."

"Let us know," Jetina says, "That'll influence us as well."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "All right. Is there anything else you feel you want to impart to us for now, Sylvie? If not, I have a few questions."

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I had a chance to meet Medi. It seemed he went through some sort of... apotheosis himself, do you know what happened with him?" Moore asks.

Anastasia

"He died and came back under protest," Sylvie says honestly, "Not everyone wants to come back for a second chance. He made his peace with it."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Well, I ask because he seems to have transcended some of his... I guess, limitations?" Moore says. "Was that part of it, if you know? To give you an example, he seems to be able to come and go in people's dreams freely, and no longer has any issues with things he had during his life -- like anathemic knowledge."

Anastasia

"Medi's always had a gift for overcoming the impossible," Sylvie explains, "With all that time to rest and what he learned there, do you think he sat idle on it?"

"In other words, he's making the best of his time?" Cresiel asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I suppose a grumpy curmudgeon like him wouldn't be satisfied with 'just' paradise after he died." Moore says with a nod. "All right. Oh, just so it doesn't take you by surprise, I had the fortune to help 'upgrade' Elena, so if you go back and visit -- which I think you should, a lot of people would be happy to see you -- know that if you had any conversations with Elena she didn't seem to remember, she will now."

A smile and a nod. "For now, nothing else I have is extremely important, so please go have your talk with Antenora."

Anastasia

Sylvie turns and leaves. Once she's gone, "We have a lot to decide on," Cresiel says, "But I have made a decision of my own. I will use the seed."

Jetina turns to him with a sharpness, "Truly?"

"Truly," Cresiel says, "Take this burden from me, but if you will not, then I shall bear it with all the grace and pride of the Heavens." His expression is steady and unflinching, "If I must, I shall."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I have no intention of stopping anyone who wishes to make use of them." Moore says with a smile. "For myself, I knew the path forward would be the one that brought the most hope to all of us, so it is what I intend -- but the rest of you should decide of your own volition. I don't know if the future holds a pantheon of deific power for us or what, but it does seem to have worked out relatively well for Sylica and the Cauldron, so I see no reason it wouldn't work here." 

Anastasia

"Celestia guide you," Xandra states in reply, "Be strong, Cresiel."

"I shall," Cresiel turns to you, "The seed is with Io?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Yes, he has two of them -- one that is full and one that one charge left." Moore says. "Use the one that is full if possible -- it makes no sense, but I feel like the other one is..." A gesture with his hand. "It's like something that's my responsibility, if that makes sense."