News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Ahead lies the great light that...

Started by Anastasia, December 25, 2019, 07:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

There's a lot to do, and Sylvie's most obvious todo will be first for reasons you'll see momentarily.

In the meantime, go ahead and give me a todo list for Moore, so I can start planning.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore would heavily request that Sylvie go spend time with her son before she gets embroiled in things and won't have time to do so. I realize that will likely happen after all of this, or, at least, Moore hopes so. If she's going to argue with him about it then he can do so IC with her.

Other than that:

1) Use his new Knowledge spell to track down CRIMSON, who definitely didn't die under Magamia's hands since we never saw that item get recovered.
2) Find the other Syllen pieces. I'll go back and find out what we learned before when we get there.
3) Continue with Words of Creation (Lifasa may need to be involved here)

Anastasia

Home.

Is the light brighter, or are your eyes more tuned to it? You couldn't say, but you're home.

"We have a lot to talk about," Sylvie begins, barely a pause to take in Hope's Landing, the bustling little fortress and trading beyond it growing, a few new buildings around it and more in construction. Yet after that she pauses, for Grias floats up.

"Moore...oh! Oh!" The lantern archon regards Sylvie a moment before, "Is that your friend? Regardless, Calley's here, I gave him a meal and some milk, he's waiting for you."

Here Sylvie closes her eyes a moment and quietly exhales, before murmuring, "You aren't even going to pretend to be subtle, are you?" After that she looks up and says, "He's here to meet me, not Moore. Trust me."

"W-well!" Grias puffs up before going on, "Is she another seer?"

"No," Xandra speaks up, "This is Sylvie, Calley's mother."

"Oh!" Grias gasps, "You did it!"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore's grin can't be hidden, even with his superb acting skills.

"I know what we have to talk about is important, but so is your son. You have a lot to talk about with him, too." A smile and a hand on her shoulder. "Go, take all the time you need. Be honest -- with yourself."

Anastasia

Sylvie blows out a long breath, "I'll let you know," she agrees, and goes off to do just that.

Once done, "A brief rest and we can meet up to discuss this, and let Sylvie catch up?" Kaja suggests, "30 minutes, for those of us who still need to eat."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"We've earned a rest after everything." Moore says with a nod.

Let's wait. 30 minutes doesn't seem like a lot, so he'll just chill until Sylvie comes back.

Anastasia

A half hour passes.

Everyone but Sylvie is there. Cresiel stands with arms crossed, Xandra works on a wooden flute, carving delicate details on it with a small knife. Kaja sits and finishes off some roast chicken and vegetables, while Jetina has her head down in simple rest, eyes closed.

"She's late," Kaja speaks up, "It has been a half hour, hasn't it?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It took you a while to get back to your old self after you recovered." Moore says with a smile. "She's and her son never had... a normal relationship, and they certainly won't  anymore -- but every journey starts with one step, you know? Have patience, there's a reason it's a virtue."

Another smile after that. "Actually, I suppose I can ask this since you're all here, did anything happen at all outside the Gates while we were inside?"

Anastasia

"Nothing," Cresiel states plainly, "Xerona did not wish to speak, she merely counseled us towards patience."

"So how bad is it?" Kaja follows up, "Apocalyptic?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"No, nothing like that." Moore says with a grin. "We just understand more about how to proceed forward. You remember that we had spoken some time ago of a ritual to ascend outside of Creation? It may be nearing the time where all of us need to consider whether that ritual is something they wish to undertake, or if we wish to employ a different means to ascend -- and if you wish to do so at all."

Anastasia

"What are you going to do?" Kaja turns it right back on you. "Well?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I once heard someone say that you can prepare all you want to do something, but you will never be ready." Moore says. "I don't know that I agree, but... I intend to pursue One, with Sylvie's aid. I think the time draws close where I can feel confident that it is something within my ability. Once that happens, I intend to utilize the power of the divine seed we have secluded with Io in order to give us a good starting point. For any who would consider to use one of those as well, know that they are available, though extremely limited."

Anastasia

"Yeah," Sylvie walks in now, "We got one use available - one use is earmarked for Elle Stronger, another use for Emily, Seira's daughter. The last is open. I won't need if I choose to go that way. It's up to you all if you want it."

Cresiel glances at Sylvie but stays silent.

Xandra murmurs, "Why is such a thing given to us so freely?"

"Which doesn't answer the question," Kaja notes, but doesn't push it. Instead, "Bahamut's hoard, I don't know. If put to me and I had to choose, I don't know at all."

Jetina's quiet all the while as well.

"It's put to you. Zaphkiel himself gives permission and encouragement. The normal taboos against celestials who seek worship and divinity are waived in your cases, if you want to use the seed or become One," Sylvie goes right on, taking a seat. "It's our choice because Creation is in tremendous peril and we're one of the few who can do anything but wait until the end. You can take the power and not seek worship, if you'd prefer that, but you'll only ever get stronger by more divine seeds You won't be in the Competition, in the same way Eblis generally wasn't, and the same way that he rejected worshipers."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"There are other seeds scattered across various places that we can pursue. Whether they have multiple 'charges' or not isn't clear in the case of some of them." Moore explains. "It's a big undertaking and not one that any of us need to decide right now. It's easier for Lady Alicia and Seira, because they've already had time in their seats, as it is, so those around them are a bit more used to this."

A shake of his head. "At any rate, there's no need to worry about it in this particular moment, but I do want everyone to at least think about it. There's no shame in saying no, there are other ways to achieve similar results without it -- proxies are just an example."

At this, he turns to Sylvie. "I have many questions, of course, but you have that look about you that says you have a lot to answer before I even ask, so the floor is yours." He gestures to the others first. "I know you already know who everyone here is, but everyone, this is Sylvie."

Anastasia

"It's good to meet you," Jetina agrees, while Cresiel nods to her.

Amid all of those greetings and more, "Thanks." Sylvie says, "You'll be seeing more of Calley. He...didn't quite lose what I gave him, so he's capable of defending himself. It's my responsibility to ensure he learns to use his powers wisely."

"What do you mean, he didn't quite lose what you gave him?" Kaja scowls, "Are you-"

"I am saying that," Sylvie replies evenly, "Look up if you want someone to blame, it wasn't my choice. Call it settling accounts, though I'm sure he'd call it a moral lesson. Maybe insurance if you're more cynical than Celestia deserves, because I won't leave Calley to bumble about with those now that I'm here. Regardless of that," Sylvie says, "I'd suggest strongly considering the seed or One, because despite the drawbacks..."

Here Sylvie begins to discuss what Zaphkiel explained before. "...and so, not only do we have to become stronger, not only do we need to ensure the broken Incarnation can successfully quasi-reunite under the most optimal conditions if we're called onto to help, not only do we have to gather divine seeds, not only do we have to storm Shadow and slay Shar herself, not only do we have to venture into the Beyond and Ao's personal abode, but we have to challenge and serve as a distraction against the Incarnation of Chaos himself."

"Fuck." It's Jetina who breathes that out, a single word unsuited to the realm she stands in.

"That reframes everything," Cresiel agrees, "Can we decline a divine seed and call ourselves loyal and righteous under such a threat?" He bows his head in silent prayer after.

"That's worse than I thought," Kaja admits, "Far worse. Far, far, far worse."
<Afina> Forever.