News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Burrowing ahead

Started by Anastasia, March 04, 2020, 04:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Oberuth's reaction to your comment is an even look back. It's not until you're back surface side that he remarks, "Creation rewards me with everything except what I want."

"Right or wrong," Sanzha says, "We have made a mark on Creation today that will not soon fade."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"That's not quite true," Seira notes with a teasing smile. "You wanted to be rid of that power and I've done my best to arrange it~"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"At least someone's happy," Oberuth admits, "What does this mean for Bytopia, longer term?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Hope, first and foremost. But I was just about to discuss it with the others. Even though it's Cauldron business, would you like to join us? You know I value your input."

Anastasia

A simple nod is your answer.

Heading back?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Yes

In a short while, they reconvene in the Cauldron's war room, except it had been redecorated since its last use. A massive oval oak table takes up the center of the room, dwarfing any other furniture. It doesn't truly have a head, so when Seira claims a seat it is at random.

Anastasia

Everyone files in - save for Sanzha. She strolls in and leaps up, a flip over all of you. Her chair becomes a throne of water, held together by no discernible force.

Elle starts to say something, a look of pique, but Donald quietly takes her to her seat. Something about seven years bad luck, you overhear him murmur to her, as she shoots Sanzha a look of pique.

"So, are acrobatics part of the Padisha's court, or is that a personal touch?" Ranbar wonders aloud.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"A little bit of both, from personal experience," Seira responds. As the last of her people follow her lead and take a seat at the table, she closes the room's double doors with an expression of her will and seals the room away from observation. Her avatars will handle anything that comes up, since this is important.

"First, thank you for being patient. I know that between ascensions between several of our number and the restoration of Bytopia, it's been a very busy day. However, these matters really couldn't wait."

Seira smiles at all present, and doesn't make them wait any further. "Our first order of business is to officially form our pantheon. We've discussed this before, but right now we actually have seven deities. We might not match their power, but we can certainly restructure the Cauldron to seven realms the way Celestia is arranged." And seven is a nice number given Bytopia used it too.

Anastasia

"Seven realms is a good number, too," Ranbar agrees, "It fits us."

"Okay, so...markets and fire," A point to Seira, "The classical Cauldron. Elf shit," Donald points at Amaryl, who reddens. "Water and oceans," A look to Sanzha. "What else?"

"How about seven realms that connect at the current Cauldron in the center?" Kascha speaks up, "Each realm is a realm of its own, like a planar layer, but all meet here?"

"We could make a more classical layered system, higher or lower," Lady Sanzha concurs with a thoughtful look, "Though there is a certain grace to Kascha's idea, if you prefer to defy the classics. Though that is more for planes than divine realms, which usually end up being arraigned differently."

Elle drums her fingers on her armrest before, "If we did do seven realms, we'd need dragons in each of them. Obviously."

"We could do one oversized city, as Brightwater does," Amaryl clears her throat before going on, "With little outreaches beyond that for our own interests, rather than being entirely city focused."
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

'...also, if we could make layers, could Dispater in the Iron Tower?' Amaryl sends to you. 'It seems similar to what we've already heard he may have done there.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Look at it this way. We currently have three layers. It doesn't matter overmuch as we're a demiplane, but were we to open the Cauldron to the rest of Creation properly right now, travelers would only reach the outer slopes and no matter how much they dig or tunnel, they wouldn't reach the inner terrace layer. Obviously, there would be no teleporting from the terraces to the volcanic lake or the central shaft, which constitute the final, inner layer," Seira responds.

"The realms will represent us," she continues, ignoring Donald's rudeness. After all, he was the voice of wisdom earlier when Sanzha picked some meaningless fight with Elle, and if she starts rebuking everyone they'd be here till tomorrow. "Most of us have spent quite some time considering who we are and what we stand for, so a physical representation of that aspect shouldn't be hard. Besides, we don't have to open all layers to the public right away. Celestia and Elysium certainly don't."

Deciding not to linger on this topic given the general tone of agreement, Seira moves on to the next one. "The second order of business, in that case, is the transition of the Cauldron from a divine demi-plane to a part of a proper realm. While we don't lack for options, I have preference for two of them and would like your input there. One is staying on Astral, right where we are. We'll settle things with Vlaakith and I'll make sure the Temporal Compact's guardians don't get too snippy, but it's the easiest choice." She pauses for dramatic effect, unable to stop herself. "Or we could move to Bytopia and make it a wonderful heaven once more. We'll be Garl's neighbors, and obviously it depends on his agreement, but I don't see it as harder to secure than that of Vlaakith or the timeless ones."

Anastasia

That gets a pause for digestion, for thought.

"Well," Kascha's the one to break the silence. "Unlike Aurora, a move is not easy to undo. We need to choose wisely, because I can see appeals to both of them. I hesitate to let Vlaakith be and be the dominant force on the Astral once more, but the opportunity and chance to avoid possible political problems with the Temporal Compact is not lightly dismissed."

"Plus Bytopia is pure potential now, and we'd be in a position to have great influence," Amaryl says, "Though we'd need to inquire about Elysium and Celestia's interests there. That Zaphkiel spoke during our meeting with Garl Glittergold should not be overlooked, nor should the apparent familiarity between the two." She slowly traces the whorl of her armrest's wood with her finger as she goes on. "The typical planar structure of the Outer Planes is that deities are usually completely dominant in their divine realm, but ultimately another figure manages the plane itself. Such as Morwel and the Elf Father, or the Triad and Zaphkiel. There are surely politics there we must be aware of, or we'll wither like a forgotten sapling."

"I like the Astral Plane," Donald disagrees, "But more importantly, will Garl agree to this?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Free will is important, so nothing is a done deal. However, we do want to help Garl restore Bytopia. In fact, it might well mean my portfolio would expand to gnomes in the process. It'd be a symbiosis, not exploitation," Seira responds to Donald first. "Also, Kascha's suggestion might let us do this halfway."

A flower bud projects itself above the table, and then it slowly opens its petals. One, a leafy green, makes contact with Arvandor. Another reaches towards Brightwater. A third rests upon Bytopia. As the presentation continues, she speaks up again. "If we're foregoing conventional, we could always expand on the embassies concept and spread the Cauldron's new layers across several compatible heavens after securing the permission of their owners. It would make defense more challenging, but our avatars will deal with that."

She coughs. "I intended to keep this as the third topic of discussion, but there is some overlap. I brought up Vlaakith, because she approached me recently with questions about a divine seed. There is one hidden on Astral, and I've been considering offering to help raise her to godhood with it if she agrees to curb certain behavior and join the Cauldron's pantheon as an equal member. I envision this as a merger where the gith will no longer get eaten and where we could help steer their society towards better horizons. Reform might seem impossible at a first glance, but Vlaakith's rationality might well work in our favor."

Anastasia

"Is that even possible?" Donald questions aloud.

"Vlaakith?!" Elle sputters and turns, as all eyes turn on you. You can feel all those gazes on you, unhidden surprise, shock and more.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Antenora reached Eblis. Alicia reached Antenora," Seira states, looking at each of her friends in turn. "I believe I can do this. Few are truly beyond saving, and she's not Asmodeus or Shar." She looks at Lagann and Oraga last, asking them, "Alicia and I managed to reach Zariel. Are you unable to believe in me? Because if you do, just imagine the knock on effect! Antenora was saved, and she more than paid it forward. Perhaps one day, Eblis will raise Mephisto in turn."