News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Building

Started by Anastasia, April 10, 2020, 10:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Sure. Any prep for it?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Nah, he'll just go say hello like he has so far!

Anastasia

Since there's decent odds you'll need one, just give me a Diplo check now while I set up and get going.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

You find a group of unaffiliated merchants on the beach. In particular around a driftwood fire. In the light of Chronias they share a round of drinks and talk away.

The first is a human. A big human, but not fat. Muscled and heavily so, scarred and in his middle years. A massive broadsword rests besides him, sheathed. He wears fine travel clothes, of a cut and make to suggest money. Arcadian designs if you don't miss your guess. He has thinning brown hair peppered heavily with gray.

The second is a dwarf. A dwarf shaved bald but with a long, heavy red beard. He wears light armor and over it tan colored robes, a full face helmet on the ground besides him, along with a warhammer. He knocks back his drink and nods along as the third speaks.

The third is a celestial. A movanic deva, tall and made well. Strongly so, though he wears a simple tunic, hose and boots. However, his belt buckle is golden and stands out from the rest of his gear. He carries on weapon with him and his wings are tucked in and back. "...and still, I hold that it's best not to trade with him. The profits, any kind of profits, just aren't there."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore will fly slowly over, raising a hand in greeting to them as he approaches. "I admit, I'm pretty sure there are a few jokes that start with 'a human, a dwarf, and a celestial all walk into a bar'..." He says with a bright smile. "Welcome to Hope's Landing."

Anastasia

The human looks over and after a moment, "Either there's more than one pixie in Celestia or..." He trails off and finishes off his drink in one gulp.

The deva rises and bows, "Lord Moore," he says, "How may this one serve you?"

The dwarf merely meets your gaze, stony and unrelenting. He gets up and marches towards you, not a word spoken.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I heard there were some merchants visiting, and I wanted to do my part to greet all of you and welcome you here." Moore says with a smile. "Also, surely, there's at least -one- other pixie up here..." A grin as he turns to the dwarf and meets his gaze in return, though in hopefully a warm and welcoming way.

Anastasia

The dwarf doesn't look away from your gaze - if anything, his gaze is weighty, deeply so. The weight of the ages, the weight of eons as he meets your gaze with his own.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore holds his ground! He's not looking to be intimidating, but he understands the value in meeting and holding the gaze of someone else.

Perhaps (THE GREAT AND MAGNIFICENT) Baleruk's most important lesson?

Anastasia

Give me a Will save?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[21:53] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+61 will
[21:53] <Penuche2> Nephrite invokes Penuche's magic: < 62 > [d20=1]

Thankfully I don't fail on those anymore!!!

Oh, actually it should be +15 higher, so that's... hah, 77.

Anastasia

Yet you withstand that gaze - a gaze of the ages, a gaze far from mortal.

Then, as if such a thing was unremarkable, the dwarf nods back to you and sits back down.

"Sure there are, Lord Moore," The human agrees, "But I doubt I'd come across them when there's a known one to meet."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore smiles and nods. "At any rate, did you all find what you were looking for here, or are you still searching?"

Anastasia

"I did," he says, "I'd heard of Hope's Landing and it was more than expected."
<Afina> Forever.