News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Hidden truths

Started by Anastasia, April 30, 2021, 02:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Home again. Home after the madness of Carceri, back to interrogate prisoners.

Unfortunately due to your positioning, you don't get the long post first off because you have an immediate action queued up. So we'll open this with questions instead so we can pare things down more effectively and get you to that longer post.

Do you want to do interrogations right away? If so, how do you plan to interrogate them? If you aren't going to interrogate them right away, hwat are you going to do instead?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Miracle boosted Zone of Truth and interrogate them in the light of Chronias. We will see if that works first, if not we can move on to knocking them out then more or less rifling through their memories if we have to.

I'm on my phone so it's hard, is there an Authority of Truth? If so we'd contact them as well. I remember Erathaol was mentioned so we will see if he has anything else to add.

It appears there is one (He-Who-Rose) so we will try with that.

Anastasia

Okay, thought I posted here but no? Okay.

Give me a quick d100 for part of that.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

Anastasia

It's not hard to do so. A simple room more secure than anything else thanks to your presence along with Jetina's. Erathaol stands in a corner, quiet but with his gaze on the prisoners.

Go ahead and set yourself up, terror pixie, and I'll roll off of that.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"You are going to be truthful." Moore says. It isn't a request. "If you are, you'll be returned to whoever you serve."

He turns to The Red-faced man who kept lying before. "If you've got a spell on you that prevents you from doing so, you'd best dismiss it. In fact, if any of you resist our magic in any way, this deal is off. You will not resist us and we won't have to find creative ways to go through your memories."

A pause as he regards them all once. "Is that clear?" Again, this isn't a request. His voice brokers no argument.

Anastasia

Well that's certainly worth an Intimidate check, so we'll start with that. +7 bonus.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Take 10 for 127!! Be cowed!!!

Anastasia

Something in your gaze - perhaps merely the light, or the people here - visibly shakes them all. It's the red faced man who so speaks, "AH..." A shaky nod follows, as Moore simply gazes at them.

"Go on," Jetina steps back, "Since they seem perfectly willing to talk to you, Moore."

Erathaol merely watches, no direct involvement as of now. Instead he speaks in your minds. 'Often the proper truth is scarier than the darkest lie, especially when peering into the sinful heart.'
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"So let's begin. Who is your master?" Moore asks. "We will get to what your were doing at the Prison once we establish that."

He looks at the red-faced man. "Actually, you tell me who you are first, then tell me who you work for."

Take 10 for 123 on K:P for whatever he says.

Nephrite

Also Sense Motive for 100 on anything any of them say, just to be super sure.

Anastasia

The being that called itself Death takes another step back.

"I..." It struggles, resists.

"Ma...ma...do...Madolas." The red skinned creature croaks out at last.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Are you cursed in some way? Forced to not be able to speak truth easily?" Moore asks. "You may nod, or shake your head, if you're able to do so more easily. I can still discern the truth from you that way."

Take 10 on K:P for his name. I am also assuming I can tell he's being truthful.

To his allies, he speaks as Erathaol does. 'If it is magic or something of that nature, we may be able to try an antimagic zone again. It would dispel what we've set up, but it may actually be easier to get the truth from them if there's magic preventing them from speaking.'

Anastasia

Give me K:N instead.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Wow, it's been a while since I did one of those... 123 on that too, whew.