"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Russia arc

Started by Dracos, July 09, 2002, 09:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Bandit

OOC: Showdown: Part One

IC:
Inside the Subconcious Mind of Cardinal Black.

Bean flew through the grey mists, noting that there was a distinct lack of things to navigate by.

"Dammit...where am I? My mind needs one of those 'You are here' signs..."

Suddenly, the grey mists shifted to a ruined cityscape, with a familiar sillouhette perched on the ruins. The silouhette looked up at the approaching figure, and stood, the black cloak billowing around him like a shroud.

"So... he's escaped, has he?" Cardinal Black said coldly.

<To be continued>
---
I love the games I've played here.

Bean Bandit

OOC: Outside, raiding the prison. (NOTE: Drac, you didn't specify any security on the grounds, so I'm going to assume there's nothing but the customary camera surveillance...)

IC:
Black cleared the fence and drifted across the prison grounds, carefully avoiding the heavily lit areas, knowing that the cameras would show only scant flickerings of movement if he stuck to shadows.

He made his way carefully over to the balcony spy had described, preparing to make his entry...
---

Bean Bandit

Black stood calmly in the shadow of the balcony, waiting for the sweeping spotlight to edge away, allowing sufficient darkness for him to vault, undetected, onto the spartan outcropping. He crouched low, close to the ornate french glass doors and began peering inside, looking for the telltale crimson light of an active surveillance camera...
---

Dracos

Walking past the ambassador quarters, the guards continued on, their boots announcing their presence.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

Black, remaining absolutely still in his position in the shadows, listened carefully as the guards passed in the distance.

After they had passed out of hearing range, he resumed his examination of the room through the glass doors. Being able to see three corners of the room and not seeing the red light of a camera, Black surmised that the camera was in his blind spot.

Noting that the doors swung outward, he removed two small pieces of wire from a pocket of his cloak, he began manipulating the simple latch on the glass doors...
---

Bean Bandit

A mere moment's work, and the glass doors were open. Fortunately, they swung outward, rather than into the room. Black eased the door open, crouching by the doorframe, careful not to move more tha a hand into the room.

He pulled off his mask, and stuck it very slowly past the door frame, using the polished surface of the metal to see exactly where the camera was...
---

Dracos

OOC: Novgorod

IC:

His black form leapt from the battlements, slashing with cyan green blade.  A swarth of blood following his trail.

He was the devil...  the destroyer.  It was here that he was king.

At first they attempted to swarm him, gunfire bouncing off his polished armor... grenades slashed apart as he left behind him a field of nightmares.  Soon they broke before him...fleeing before his reaping blade...

A hand raised...  shifted into a blaster.

It  glowed yellow as it charged  with power.

A low whine filled the air, the cries silent for but a moment as the whisper of death touched them.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

From what Black could see, the interior of the room was quite large.

In one corner of the polished metal of his mask he saw the slow arc of a red 'on' light for a rotating camera in one corner of the room.

Doing the geometry in his head, he calculated that the door was out of the camera's line of sight for a little over 3 seconds. Plenty of time to get underneath, and allow him time to make sure his image wasn't recorded...
---

Dracos

Deep below where Cardinal Black stood, Dr. Andonuts slept in darkness.  His white labcoat ragged, he turned on his cot.

Why did he resist anymore.... anything to get out of this accursed cell.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

Black waited paitently until the red light hit the end of it's arc.

While it was pointed directly away from the door, Black moved. Uncoiling from his crouching position, he dashed underneath the camera, moving at speeds that the camera would have had trouble registering at any rate.

He looked up at the surveillance camera, now that he had time to ponder the problem, and began tracing wires. Disconnection of the main power seemed ideal...and If it could be made to look accidental...so much the better.
---

Bean Bandit

Black reached up to the mounting for the camera, noting a large black wire leading into the wall. Deciding that was the one he wanted, he began to pull slowly, knowing that if the video feed were watched, this should cause feedback as the cord struggled to maintain the feed...And ultimately failed, as the cord finally came out with a tiny 'snap'.

He was rewarded by the immediate halt of the camera. He cautiously looked up, noting that the red light had winked out as well.

He stepped out carefully and closed the doors to the balcony, and walked quickly over to the wooden doors. He again pulled out a pair of small wires, though slightly smaller than the last, and inserted them into the plain lock.  After a few seconds of manupulating the tumblers with a 'click', the door unlatched.

Black slowly pushed the door open, and glanced down the hall. Not seeing or hearing the approach of any guards, he slipped out, and slowly eased the door shut.
Silently as a ghost, the black specter slipped down the hall, getting as far away from his entry point as he could before the camera was investigated.
---

Dracos

OOC: Strength of a mountain

IC:

The guard blinked at his post as one of the camera's went out in section c-4.  Tapping the communications array he quickly notified the closest set of guards.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Rezantis

"Right where he said they should be."  The blonde-haired lowered her binoculars and chewed her lip pensively.  "Good luck for us, I hope."

Putting the binoculars back into their case she stepped up and hauled herself back into the passenger seat of the waiting vehicle, where the driver turned dark eyes on her.

"Well?"

"Definitely them."

The man didn't acknowledge this except to restart the vehicle and set it in motion, following the road down the hill and towards the group of Inquisition troops that could be seen near the river, a few kilometers distant.

Relm's expression twisted slightly as she regarded her companion, then sank back into the seat, her eyes scanning the terrain ahead of them.  She'd be glad when they finally got there, Kale was... not the most pleasant company one could ask for.

The vehicle sped onwards.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Asrana

Laika perked as she heard running feet. Turning, she beheld the sight of a running scout, one of the many she'd paired to snipers and positioned on the major entrances to the area.

He stopped and saluted, "Ma'm, an Inquisition jeep is approaching with two occupants."

Laika nodded, dismissing him.

Turning back to the rest of her troops she began giving orders, quickly organizing the reaction force for approach of their encampment. Her face impassive the whole time.

It was all planned, now she just had to hope the jeep held good news.

The snipers tracked the jeep silently, not firing. No use in being discovered over a target that could easily be handled by the camp's forces. Especially if it might be one of their own.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Rezantis

Relm narrowed her eyes.  "On the left - base of that ridge looks strange, 400 meters."

"Obvious."  A dismissive reply, as expected.  "You should have seen him before."

Relm didn't bother responding.  Conversation with Kale was rarely worth the effort... aha.  Laika certainly had them out in force, because odds were she couldn't see even a tenth their number... they were very good.

--

The jeep continued onwards towards the camp, and unharried it drove up to the entrance and through.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.