News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Russia arc

Started by Dracos, July 09, 2002, 09:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

In the land of the ice and cold, Bean searches for his identity...Is he Cardinal Black, trusted follower of Cat...or is he someone else?  The survival of hundreds depends on his answer...

http://dracos.anifics.com/COR/Russia/

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

St. Petersburg Russia, two hours after dawn...

As Cardinal Black drove into the town in his black sportscar, he gradually joined the steady line of traffic going along the main roads.  Several restaurants and gas stations litered the road as they got closer to the city.  Large buildings gradually fading them in as they replaced the smaller stores.   Various side roads lead off the main road which circled the city.

Fearless Leader
Need to talk before we continue
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

Black eased the car off of the main roads of the city, prowling the backstreets, looking for an out of the way hotel to base their operations out of.

He came across several possibilties, but discarded them, searching for a hotel both out of the way and free of the criminal element...
---
I love the games I've played here.

Bean Bandit

Finally coming across acceptable lodgings, Black parked the car, and obtained a room.

Some time later, he turned his attention to spy again, waiting for the other man to tell him what he needed to to in St. Petersburg....
---

Dracos

OOC: again?

IC:

"As we know, the large  group of inquisitors who attacked this city were handily repulsed.  This we cannot fix but we have to rescue Dr. Andonuts before his knowledge and skills fall into the hands of the COR."

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

"Agreed. Do we have the necessary intelligence  gathered to mount a rescue?" Black asked calmly
---

Dracos

"I'm good, but even I need time to scout out the area.  I'll meet back with you here after nightfall."

Disappearing, the spy went off to research COR headquarters.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

Black nodded in acknowledgement and retired for the moment, well aware that sleep would be in short supply, come nightfall...
---

Dracos

OOC: As before, I do not feel myself capable of really doing a spy network very well.  I've read such excellent ones that well....I feel incompetent even trying -_-

so instead.....we do  it off camera ^_^

IC:

As the sun set, The Spy opened the door, returning into the hotel  room they had acquired.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

Black sat up as Spy entered, and simply looked at him, waiting patiently for a briefing on the details of COR headquarters...
---

Dracos

"The security in the building is tight, very tight.  Thankfully though it appears that their commander left to go handle something back at New Moscow.  The majority of the troops here are surprisingly human recruits.  Dr.  Andonuts is appearently on the lower levels.  I was unable to determine which one though.  They have several of our troops there, most scheduled for execution though.   I'm fairly certain he's on floor B3.  The guards seem to be generally armed with top quality machine guns.  There is a laser grid security system on the basement levels, as well as a heat detection system.  Too much heat.....  and it releases poisonous gases into the hallways.  Generally only the robo troops go into the prisons themselves.  The human troops do guard the upper levels.  The closest thing to a security hole is a balcony that hasn't been removed on floor two.  It's part of an ambassador room, currently empty.  The wood doors inside should be locked, but that shouldn't be a problem.  What will be is that room has a security camera, you'll have to find a way of bypassing detection by it.  The amount of guards should be lower than average, but still expect fairly regular guard groups to be watching the hallways."

The spy hands Cardinal black a piece of paper.    "Here are directions to an alleyway near the COR Headquarters, it's a ways away from here, so take the car and be careful."

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

OOC: Bah, no inspiration is forthcoming...

IC: Black nodded, took the paper and left the room. outside, the sun was rapidly setting, the darkness beginning to retake the city...
---

Dracos

Back to Novgorod...

The day broke...  as the bandit army charged, several thousand strong they were more beast than men from the months of living off the townspeople.  Guns flared as they charged the city walls.

Zero Black stood on top of the battlements.  Novgorod had long stood off threats from outside for generations.  Even after the fall the old walls stood strong, a sign of the culture and building that had made it a powerful city in ancient  Russia.  His troops were marshled around the city, already targeting the horde as they charged.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

Black eased the car to a 'concealed in plain view' parking space near the alley indicated in Spy's instructions.

He slipped silently out of the vehicle, his silver-eyed gaze hard as he recalled the disaster in Novgorod.

No more unpleasant surprises. He would not fail again.
---

Bean Bandit

Cardinal Black stood on the periphery of the grounds for the COR detention building, gazing up at it, plotting his entrance, scarcely aware that within his own mind, on a level seperate from conscious thought, a battle for his soul was drawing nearer...
---