News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Returning to normality....? (Haruka thread)

Started by Anastasia, September 21, 2004, 01:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

She nods along, showing what might be understanding. It also may be simply a 'yes, yes, go on' sort of nod, but you can't tell cleanly. "That makes sense," she allows, waiting for you to continue, prodding.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Liddo-kun

"I think he missed whoever my mother was," Haruka says after a lingering pause, "and he was trying to use music to try and get over it.  To force himself to cheer up."
Liddo-kun: Bjorn is the rain gutter in which all the dirty thoughts of humanity flow into?
Bjorn: I prefer, instead, to think of myself as the crap that blocks the rain gutters, causing the dirty thoughts of humanity to back up, fill the streets, and flood your basements.

Anastasia

"Oh, I see..." she nods, understanding. As the music shifts and goes into a less personally attached segment, "Tell me...you aren't the one who talked Viluy into that godawful hair dying, are you," she asks, making a face. "That girl, I swear that she'll get herself in trouble if she goes on like that."
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

"No, I didn't talk her into a hair dye," Haruka replies, smiling on the inside at Yasuko's complaint.  "I rather like it though.  I'll admit I was surprised when I first saw it, but I've always been partial to such a shade, personally."
Liddo-kun: Bjorn is the rain gutter in which all the dirty thoughts of humanity flow into?
Bjorn: I prefer, instead, to think of myself as the crap that blocks the rain gutters, causing the dirty thoughts of humanity to back up, fill the streets, and flood your basements.

Anastasia

"She looks like a deliquent with it," Yasuko says, frowning. "I'm amazed they let her go to school like that, especially at such a pretigious university!" A small snort there, "Perhaps she knows someone...A special assisstant, isn't it?"
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

"To Professor Tomoe," Haruka fills in, nodding her confirmation.

Anastasia

She nods. "I suppose spending all day in front of a computer did her some small good," she comments cuttingly. "I swear, she'd grow roots if it wasn't for that. She's lucky she has a good metabolism, too, or she'd weight three hundred pounds." Snickering, "Oh, Viluy. I'm still amazed you even have a few friends some days, dear."
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

"How closely have you watched her lately?" Haruka asks out of curiosity.  She made careful sure to weed out any accusatory tones, but she'd be darned if she wasn't going to defend Viluy some.

"She hasn't hunkered down in front of the computer for a while now.  In fact, she's been doing a lot of swimming afterschool, going to salons, and generally being a sociable person."

Anastasia

"You're kidding," she blinks in surprise. "I can't even get her to go out with me to the grocery story most days, let alone something social," Yasuko shakes her silvery haired head. For a moment, she stares, before a knowing smile comes over her face.

"Oooooh, of course," she says, like she was an idiot to miss it before. "She has a boyfriend now, doesn't she?"
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

Guh.  This is getting awkward....

"You think so?" Haruka asks, feigning ignorance.  "I was pretty sure that she was just trying to follow the example she has close at home," she says, looking at Yasuko with that.

Dodge the issue!  Evade, distract, and flee!

Once again she bemoaned the inability to communicate mentally with Viluy as the Inners could seemingly accomplish amongst themselves.

Anastasia

"I can't think of anything else that would pry her away from her beloved computer," Yasuko says, rolling her eyes. "That girl skipped her own birthday party to take apart an old computer one time, yet to think she's suddenly having a life? It must be a boyfriend," she nods. Almost entirely ignoring your words, she presses on. "So...is he cute?"
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

"It's not my place to say," Haruka says resolutely.  "If she does or doesn't want to say is up to her."

Anastasia

"Oh, come on. I'm her mother, afterall," she asserts. "I just hope it's not some gang member...that hair..." she frowns, then shrugs. "In fact, I'll go talk to her about it right now." With that, she rises and moves to leave the room.
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

Haruka shakes her head and curses mentally, not liking where this is going at all - not one bit.  She could feel pressure behind her eyes building to a headache, which only added to her irritation.

Haruka stood and followed after the suddenly energetic and determined woman, as each step brought with it a sense of dread and took them ultimately closer to confrontation.

Anastasia

You see her going for the stairs - she didn't move quite quick enough, if you want to try and stop her march.
<Afina> Forever.