Returning to normality....? (Haruka thread)

Started by Anastasia, September 21, 2004, 01:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

It's been a few days now. Life goes on, and even up and down sometimes. Nice enough normally, and maybe even stunning now. These past few days with Viluy feel wonderful, as if you've really made a connection on an emotional level.

The love making is pretty good, too. It's like a dam opened up on both of you for a little while, and this was one flood you didn't mind a bit.

Late Friday afternoon as you enjoy sitting on the couch in Viluy's living room, half drowsing under a blanket as you smell dinner cooking...mmm....

Fuck. Door bell ring. Fuck. Wake up back. Argh. Yet it rings once then twice, someone clearly trying to get your attention.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Liddo-kun

"Viluy, get the door," Haruka calls out sleepily.  "Viluy?" she tries again.

Hearing no reply and with the doorbell still ringing she forces herself to wriggle out of bed and make her way down the stairs on wobbly legs, grumbling all the way.

Pausing in front of the door.  Who the heck could it be, Haruka wonders, while yawning and rubbing the last remnants of sleep from her eyes before pulling the door open.
Liddo-kun: Bjorn is the rain gutter in which all the dirty thoughts of humanity flow into?
Bjorn: I prefer, instead, to think of myself as the crap that blocks the rain gutters, causing the dirty thoughts of humanity to back up, fill the streets, and flood your basements.

Anastasia

Wearing a heavy winter coat and hauling two suitcases with her, the woman's short, bobbed silver hair is familiar. Her slightly harried and tired expression, hidden by a blue scarf, is also familiar. You've met her a time or two before, though never for overly long.

"Ah...Haruka," she asks, struggling a moment with the name. "Where's Viluy? I came home early since no one could make the business trip thanks to this blizzard."
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

Haruka initially cocks her head curiously, wondering where she's met the woman before recognition flashes in her eyes.

"Viluy should be in the kitchen, I think," she replies, taking a sniff to confirm her claim before nodding.  "Here, let me get those for you," Haruka tells Viluy's mother (the name escaping her, for *cough* some reason...), reaching for the pair of suitcases.
Liddo-kun: Bjorn is the rain gutter in which all the dirty thoughts of humanity flow into?
Bjorn: I prefer, instead, to think of myself as the crap that blocks the rain gutters, causing the dirty thoughts of humanity to back up, fill the streets, and flood your basements.

Anastasia

"Thanks," she nods, moving past. That name...oh yes, it comes to you now, as she takes off her coat and hangs it up nearby. Yasuko, that's it. She hands her coat up, then heads right into the kitchen. Also, her suitcases are reasonably heavy, she must have packed a lot of warm winter clothes in there or other knick knacks.
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

Haruka grunts slightly, the effort needed being a bit more than what she expected.  Nonetheless, she manages to manuver the hefty luggage into the house, closing the door with her foot as she goes.

With that task done she decides to follow after Yasuko to the kitchen.

Anastasia

She has discarded her scarf, revealing a flattering business suit to her slim waist yet full bosom, a trait her daughter shares. "Viluy," she calls, the girl standing bold upright a moment before relaxing at her mother's voice.

"Oh, Mom..." she says, halfhearted just a second, before smiling. "You're back early." Putting down the pan she was removing from the oven on the cooler rack, she braces as Yasuko goes on.

"No one made it thanks to the blizzard,"she snorts. "You have Haruka over again? I'm glad you have more friends now, but you should invite different ones over."
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

Haruka pauses when she catches some of the conversation.  Not really wanting to intrude on the moment she pulls back slightly to lean against the wall behind her.

Oh.  Right.  She doesn't have a clue about... Haruka begins her thought before shaking her head.  Good grief, this could get ugly.

Anastasia

Viluy blushes darkly, staring down. "Yes, Mom,"s he says quietly. "Haruka and I are close, that's all."

Yasuko nods absently, already walking away. "Make a third plate for dinner," she calls, going off, past you, and towards the stairway upstairs. Her expression is distant, barely even noticing you. Viluy closes her eyes and sighs once she's gone, shaking her head in frusteration.
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

"Hmm.  That went well.  I guess," Haruka comments on seeing Viluy's reaction to the whole exchange.

She walks up to Viluy patting her on the shoulder.  "You okay?  You seem a little... distressed?"  Haruka wondered if that was the right term, but it seemed to fit.

Anastasia

Tense under you rhand, like her shoulders are held taunt. Viluy isn't happy at all, you can tell. "No..." she sighs, closing her eyes again. "I just didn't expect her yet, and she caught me off guard." Her voice is filled with even more tension, raw and thick.
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

Well, there was nothing she could do about her mother coming back sooner than expected, but Haruka supposed she could help in some manner.  "Relax.  Breathe deeply," she tells the hopelessly tense girl, kneading her stiffened shoulders slightly.

"Take a seat while I finish here," Haruka orders, pushing Viluy towards an open chair as she sets herself to finishing the preparation and placement for dinner.

Anastasia

"Yes, yes," Viluy says peevishly, though she does smile once you go to finish her labors.  Her shoulders didn't really relax under your touch, either. Once she sits down, you hear her taking several deep breaths before she turns and puts on a fairly plastic but stable smile. "Sorry, Haruka," she goes on. "It's just that...she's not home often, let alone early. I was surprised."
<Afina> Forever.

Liddo-kun

"Eh, don't worry about it," Haruka tells Viluy easily enough, while grabbing the necessary tableware and food to plate for three.  Waving away her companion's worried gloom, "Everyone has issues that can get under their skin so it's reasonable."

Anastasia

"Yeah..." Viluy replies, watching you do you work, yet finding no real comfort in it.

---

Her mother returns momentarily, having discarded her bulky winter wear for her lighter clothes beneath. "You cooked, Viluy," she asks, "Salmon again? Really, I think you'd turn into a fish if you cooked for yourself all the time." So noting as she sits, you see Viluy's hands clench the tablecloth a moment.

"Yes, mother," she manages quietly.
<Afina> Forever.