News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

They're making me work a full 10 hour day tomorrow, instead of letting me take the day off and start my vacation, like I was supposed to. Blegh on upper management. Blegh!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

DY

Been without AC since yesterday and the repairman still hasn't come even though we set an appointment with them >.<
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Brian

My car is undrivable until I can afford 500 dollars of repairs/parts.

Also, I'm a failure and didn't get the tech writing position.  And likely never will.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

My new car has a dead battery, stranding me at work on a Sunday.

I had a date tonight.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Man, what a horrible day, Brian. Did today get any better?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

It did, actually.  The delayed date went fine.  And I operate on the virtue of the fact that things can get worse ... but not much. ;_;

~exploding tag~

Dracos

sigh.  So a week or so ago, a task gets dropped on my desk needed immediately for the game team here with intended expansion for long term use.

Today with it done save starting to stick it in front of customers for feedback, it becomes "it's not really that important" followed by evidence that his ducks aren't in order and there's an entire buyin session that should've happened before this project even started.  Oh, it's meant to be a secondary/tertiary way of it going?  Well, thanks shit for putting it as a P1.  You could've waited in the back of the queue for actually important updates to get in, but noooo...

So yeah, it was a boss' pet project using shit I'd never touched before.  Pet projects are going to the back of the queue from now on regardless of priority level.  Fuck that noise.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Long hours and early mornings lead to coffee.  Coffee leads to sodas.

At the end of the day, I finally got to the point where my caffine intake was causing dizziness and nasea.

Now I'm going through hardcore caffine withdrawl.  It's like a hangover that doesn't go away.

For two weeks.

~exploding tag~

Brian

Overtime to eternity.  12 hours, Monday-Friday, 10 hours Saturday, Sunday off (this week.  Next week, 10 hours).

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

I hate patients that get agitated with every fiber of my being.  There's nothing like spending 20 minutes in an overheated room trying to hold down a nutcase. It's even worse when the (mild due to unrelated health issues) sedative doesn't take and we have to do full restraints. Argh.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

SabreMau

Superdickery's current site design is made of inconvenience and advertisement.

Brian

Quote from: SabreMau on August 01, 2008, 04:12:09 AM
Based on the name of the website, I'm shocked that you find that odd.

Anyway, new estimate on car is in the ~1k range, and loaner car was swapped out (for the next three days) for loaner Van, which I have renamed the Van of Sadness.

It is named this because it needed gas when I got it.  And a full tank cost 100$.

~exploding tag~

Jon

Quote from: Brian on August 22, 2008, 12:10:50 PM
Quote from: SabreMau on August 01, 2008, 04:12:09 AM
Based on the name of the website, I'm shocked that you find that odd.

Anyway, new estimate on car is in the ~1k range, and loaner car was swapped out (for the next three days) for loaner Van, which I have renamed the Van of Sadness.

It is named this because it needed gas when I got it.  And a full tank cost 100$.

Where'd you get it from? If it's from the dealership or service company, they should have paid for that.

Dracos

Brian:

Considered looking for another used car perhaps?  By the time you get to paying 1-2000, you might just be able to buy a replacement car instead that's newer.
Well, Goodbye.