News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

SabreMau

And now for the grumbling part. It's a good thing I paid off my school loan in full now, because April 3rd is when my movie theater finishes converting the other half of the auditoriums from 35mm film projectors to all-digital. Sharper pictures, no wobbly/scratchy sound, easier download/copying of films and trailers to projectors, and an elimination of the booth position I've worked since mid-2000.

If all else fails, I go back to cleaning theaters 2-3 times per week at 9-something-an-hour here. But for the time being, I don't have another job lined up and I actually don't even know where to start.

Arakawa

Quote from: Brian on March 21, 2012, 03:38:10 PM
Three fingers on my right hand have fissures where they've cracked open because of overwashing.  Stupid stress habits. >_<

Huh. That... sucks incredibly?

I have to wonder why it's so commonly expressed as handwashing.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Quote from: SabreMau on March 21, 2012, 11:43:20 PM
And now for the grumbling part. It's a good thing I paid off my school loan in full now, because April 3rd is when my movie theater finishes converting the other half of the auditoriums from 35mm film projectors to all-digital. Sharper pictures, no wobbly/scratchy sound, easier download/copying of films and trailers to projectors, and an elimination of the booth position I've worked since mid-2000.

If all else fails, I go back to cleaning theaters 2-3 times per week at 9-something-an-hour here. But for the time being, I don't have another job lined up and I actually don't even know where to start.

Is that you Dannycat?  Long time no see.  That sounds terribly rough.  :(  At least you have a little time to job hunt and some salary to tide you over.  Are you still out in Korea?
Well, Goodbye.

SabreMau

No, I've been at home since 2008. Working at the same movie theater I started at in 1997.

Dracos

*nods*  Feels like there's been a lack of Dannycat around.

Wow.  Clearly you should challenge the owner to mortal combat and take over the theater :)

</knows nothing>
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

So back in november I went to the dentist.

Eventually, I get mail from insurance, pretty routine stuff, insurance should have taken care of it...except I see the claim has everything as patient responsability and it's $200.

I call them up asking what the hell, and they tell me that it seems the claim got submitted to the wrong insurance, I was using UHC through different providers than the last time I'd went to the dentist, and despite my checking about that, telling the dentist that I had changed insurance and everything, still lameness occurs.

Okay, fine, shit happens, I call the dentist, so they can resubmit claim. February...same sort of letter, same problem. I actually -visit- the dentist office about this now, make them scuttle around until I am assured they'll get it right as they grab my dental insurance card, make photocopies, call the insurance themselves, and basically tell me they're submitting it again.

I just got the letter -again-, still seeing those $200 as -my- responsibility, the insurance is telling me they're not seeing -any- claims for the account ID I have with them, oh and the dentist office is closed for the week. How fucking hard is it to submit a claim correctly?

I'm also worried because I just got a new job, comes with it's own benefits meaning I'll have to cancel this one, and I don't want to have problems later about the insurance not paying because I'm not using them anymore or whatever once they finally do it correctly.

This is just absurd.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Arakawa

Quote from: Dracos on March 22, 2012, 10:15:11 PM
Wow.  Clearly you should challenge the owner to mortal combat and take over the theater :)

Allegedly there exist IMAX projectors that are intense enough to cause things that are placed too close to spontaneously combust. If you could somehow design a handheld version, a duel with a couple of those ought to be sufficiently mortal.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Jon

Quote from: Merc on March 23, 2012, 06:12:34 PM
This is just absurd.

Around this point I would seriously consider filing a complaint with the state's insurance commissioner. (Certainly you should do so if the insurance company gives you trouble because you've switched employers.)

Brian

Yeesh.  Good luck with that one, Merc. :x

Hope you find something too, DannyCat.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Quote from: Jon on March 23, 2012, 06:37:52 PM
Quote from: Merc on March 23, 2012, 06:12:34 PM
This is just absurd.

Around this point I would seriously consider filing a complaint with the state's insurance commissioner. (Certainly you should do so if the insurance company gives you trouble because you've switched employers.)

I'd be quicker to blame the dentist's office. Most medical claim fuckups are the result of a misfiled claim by the medical facility. Filing a state complaint will likely net you not a damn thing, because they're in no way shape or form obligated to pay a claim they have no knowledge of.

Best of luck, Merc. I know exactly how that goes, and it can really suck getting it straightened out.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Right now, yes, I'm blaming the dentist's office.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Brian

Woke up.  Decided to browse SR for a few minutes before going back to bed.

Turned back, saw Shami had decided that my side of the bed made a good litter box.  Were his claws not capped, he would have started shredding my bedding, too.

Going to be a $%@#ing awesome week, I can feel it.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

That's just a cat's way of expressing his everlasting hate for everyone that is not also a cat.

Brian

Also, the elevator is out.  When I'm trying to do my laundry/dispose of a ruined bulky 18 kilo foam mat.

~exploding tag~