News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Music-chan on May 28, 2012, 03:49:54 PM
I am on a short-ish diet to clear out my internal systems a bit.  This first week is killing me though.  All green veggies, no proteins or starches.  Even when I try to eat at normal intervals, I am finding myself kinda hungry all the time.  Really looking forward to having protein again.  Ug.

Good for you. That'll help out a lot with the toxins in your system. Doing that combined with some decent vitamin supplements and a regular work out will help kick your ass into shape.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

Bricked a dev box.  Thankfully, one of the better and friendlier engineers on staff was able to get into a console and un-brick it, but....

This is the start of a third week in which technical issues have prevented me from getting anything actually _done_ at work, and tomorrow's my monthly 'justify your job' interview/meeting.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

I gotta ask, why do you have monthly justify your job meetings? That sounds sort of adversarial.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Everyone in my department has it.  The manager we hired (usually a cool guy) likes it.

He doesn't _call_ it that, and says it's just 'touching base' with us to keep track of what we're doing.  But it's pretty readily apparent what the extra functionality of these meetings is.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Some dude in a red pickup truck just pulled up not ten feet from my open office windows, leaned his head out the door, yelled obscenities at the place next door, and laid on his horn for a solid minute. Classy.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Did you unleash your horde, armed with power tools, saws, and hammers, and offer to fix his faulty horn?

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Better. I called the cops. :3
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Today's mandatory, "Be sure to let us maximize our profits on anything you invent," meeting comes with a free lunch.

From one of the few places that I've determined always gives me a gal bladder attack.

* Brian sighs.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

My work today is a series of things falling apart.  Very frustrating.
Well, Goodbye.

Music-chan

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 29, 2012, 01:05:18 PM
I am on a short-ish diet to clear out my internal systems a bit.  This first week is killing me though.  All green veggies, no proteins or starches.  Even when I try to eat at normal intervals, I am finding myself kinda hungry all the time.  Really looking forward to having protein again.  Ug.

Good for you. That'll help out a lot with the toxins in your system. Doing that combined with some decent vitamin supplements and a regular work out will help kick your ass into shape.
I have to keep telling myself that.  Every day. =p

I still can't wait until I can move on to proteins.  Basically a gluten-free diet for a month or so with some suppliments to help clear out the rest of the bacteria and replenish the good stuff.  While I didn't do this originally for the weight loss aspect, at least it's a nice side effect.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Music-chan on May 30, 2012, 11:32:18 PM

I still can't wait until I can move on to proteins.  Basically a gluten-free diet for a month or so with some suppliments to help clear out the rest of the bacteria and replenish the good stuff.  While I didn't do this originally for the weight loss aspect, at least it's a nice side effect.

Yes, yes it is. My bro and mom did one of those cycles while I was overseas. They immediately started feeling better and having more energy. It's good thing to do. Keep up with it, but remember, losing weight is like 3/4ths diet and 1/4 exercise =)

Cut out all the BS like soda, and you'll start dropping weight fast.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Music-chan

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 31, 2012, 12:41:20 PM
Quote from: Music-chan on May 30, 2012, 11:32:18 PM

Yes, yes it is. My bro and mom did one of those cycles while I was overseas. They immediately started feeling better and having more energy. It's good thing to do. Keep up with it, but remember, losing weight is like 3/4ths diet and 1/4 exercise =)

Cut out all the BS like soda, and you'll start dropping weight fast.
I already don't drink soda, but I do consume plenty of other sugary things.  Going without sweets for a month will probably help the most at this point.  I'm also hoping that I'll get into the habit of writing out a meal plan and not just eating 'whatever.'  Whatever mostly tends to be crackers and bread, easy stuff.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Yuthirin

Sugar promotes the production of fat-storage hormones, like insulin. Insulin is good, but a lot of it = fatty fat-fat. Cut most of your sugar, and you'll see that weight fly away.

Also, go on a walk shortly after you get up, and try not to sleep more than 6-8 hours a day. You can survive well on 6-7. More than 8 and you feel lethargic all day.

Anastasia

I think the sleep thing varies from person to person. I need 8-9 or I'm incoherent and miserable all day.
<Afina> Forever.