News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Dracos on September 12, 2013, 03:36:29 PM
There was this epic dragon's crown run.   The dwarf was crushing everything.  The sorceress was freezing everything.  Bosses were being waylaid left and right.  The S-ranks were coming like water.

And then the game locked up eleven stages in.

*sets the system to lock up ten stages in next time.*
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

Work crappiness.

Manager angry at me for doing what he told me to.  Things not being where they should be.  Utilities not being compatible with the equipment we have.

Can't go home early today after all. =_=
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

Stomach's been bothering me since I accidentally swallowed that rubber band. =_=

~exploding tag~

Onyxlamb

Taking an elementary Mandarin course as part of a graduation prerequisite. I'm left handed, which makes writing characters using proper stroke order distinctly uncomfortable. Of course, we didn't touch the idea until the first day after the drop/add period ended. -.-

Arakawa

Quote from: Onyxlamb on September 14, 2013, 11:58:34 PM
Taking an elementary Mandarin course as part of a graduation prerequisite. I'm left handed, which makes writing characters using proper stroke order distinctly uncomfortable. Of course, we didn't touch the idea until the first day after the drop/add period ended. -.-

Did you ask the teacher what left-handed Chinese people do?

... even if only for the tragicomedy value of the response?
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Merc

Quote from: Arakawa Seijio on September 15, 2013, 05:13:51 PM
Quote from: Onyxlamb on September 14, 2013, 11:58:34 PM

Did you ask the teacher what left-handed Chinese people do?

... even if only for the tragicomedy value of the response?

They learn to be right-handed Chinese people. No comedy to it, though the "tragi-" part is still valid.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Arakawa

Quote from: Merc on September 15, 2013, 06:20:45 PM
They learn to be right-handed Chinese people. No comedy to it, though the "tragi-" part is still valid.

The comedy part comes from seeing whether the lecturer knows and how they would have to explain it.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

KLSymph

"Because Communism."

From the native side, the conversation goes like this:

Parents: Your handwriting is terrible.
KLSymph: I wonder why.

Onyxlamb

Yeah, her response was basically "Deal with it. Stroke order makes the letters prettier."

Brian

Bosses are bringing incompetence to a new level.  The belated good news is we have a new CEO, and supposedly he's going to be getting the Silo of Incompetence out of the company.  Which I'm glad to hear.

But today, the bottom rung demanded 72 SSDs from the entire department.  I've been complaining since about my third month on the job we don't keep enough disks on hand to test, and this just proves my point; I know for a fact that even once he sabotages all other testing by taking all SSDs, valid matches for the escalation or not, he'll still be 35 short.

This will end well, but until it does, epic stupidity.

~exploding tag~

Brian

such a crappy day at work

starting to get super pissed off at this performance bullshit

Basically, manager complaining that he gave me bad test parameters like it's my fault.  When I've got the stress of moving 180 kilos of hardware.  All this other stuff....

Arg.  Not happy.

~exploding tag~

Brian

First thing in the door:

More performance issues and whining about them.  Yes, the data you asked for sucks, because your specifications were crappy.  How can you think this is a surprise?

I think it's time to look for a new job.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Brian on September 18, 2013, 01:31:50 PM
First thing in the door:

More performance issues and whining about them.  Yes, the data you asked for sucks, because your specifications were crappy.  How can you think this is a surprise?

I think it's time to look for a new job.

Sounds like it. You seem rather.. Unhappy there. Good luck with the search.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

~exploding tag~