News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Forget anything was said, Dune. You've just been doing Paragons prep this whole evening.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Ahahaha, that should be your new avatar.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

I briefly did replace it, but the 'flash' was bugging me, so I embedded it into the post and just changed back =p

Rukatin

Unexpected schedule change threw off my plans.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Bezzerker

Quote from: Anastasia on April 22, 2015, 11:18:33 PM
Really? What sort of condition is it?

I'm not doubting you, just curious.

I don't know the exact name for it, but my mom has it as well. Basically, the skin on the palm of my hands and fingers peels excessively on an almost seasonal basis. This makes it hard for fingerprint scanners to pick up my fingerprints (It's even difficult to actually see my fingerprints at the time), as well as makes my hands rather sensitive to temperature.

We like to joke that there are snakes somewhere in our family tree.
Unleash the elements of order and chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

KLSymph

Maintenance works are jackhammering outside my office window.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Arakawa on April 15, 2015, 01:10:54 AM
Just heard about this apparent scumbaggery:
http://www.chez-vrolet.net/pipermail/ffml/2015-April/004537.html

Just an update on this, FYI, that the ebooks-tree site appears to have been taken down.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

A bunch of people on my team got fired today.  Including the person who introduced the company to me.

Sadness.  Stress.  Frustration.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on April 28, 2015, 09:35:55 PM
A bunch of people on my team got fired today.  Including the person who introduced the company to me.

Sadness.  Stress.  Frustration.

Oh wow, sorry Drac. That really blows. If you can talk about it, was there at least a good reason for firing them?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

That sucks, Drac. Sorry that happened in your workplace. Being in that type of situation always blows.

Dracos

By some standards.  It was mostly getting rid of the people that weren't good communicators about problems.  Personality clashes.  Right or wrong, it was the call that got made, and business is like that.

Either way, it moves a team closer into being horribly undermanned, removes a lot of experience, and removes a lot of people who were saying true things.  It also keeps up a net negative inflow of people for the team over the year.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on April 29, 2015, 12:42:29 AM
By some standards.  It was mostly getting rid of the people that weren't good communicators about problems.  Personality clashes.  Right or wrong, it was the call that got made, and business is like that.

Either way, it moves a team closer into being horribly undermanned, removes a lot of experience, and removes a lot of people who were saying true things. It also keeps up a net negative inflow of people for the team over the year.

Ugh, that sucks. I can (from a removed, dispassionate perspective) understand letting people go for that. I do think there's a lot to be said for having a work team that gets along and communicates well. On the other hand, it's so painful to lose people, especially when you're already shorthanded.

It sounds like a crappy situation no matter what.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Nothing like getting up at 6 AM on your day off. Bleh. Stupid appointment.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Nothing like getting up then anyway.  Bother.
Well, Goodbye.