News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Merc on April 22, 2016, 11:55:29 AM
Motor turns on fine, steering wheel turns fine, but it's like the wheels are locked. When I switch from Park to Reverse/Drive, car doesn't move, and it squeals/drags when I press the accelerator, though it does move. I don't know jack about cars, but it feels like the axle might have rusted/locked or if the tires were flat (they're not).

I'll talk to my mechanic buddies and see if I can't get you an answer for this before you have to take it out to be repaired.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Iron Dragoon

Okay, so after checking and consulting, this is what I've come up with as causes.

First, crawl under your car and make sure nothing wrapped around your axel.
Second, look at your break pads. They could have gotten gunked up and are fighting your engine.
Third, do an oil change. Immediately. Water is almost certain to have gotten into your intake and exhaust, and if it gets into your cylinders, it doesn't compress and will cause your cylinders to explode. Bad. New engine.
Fourth, water could have jacked up your belts or tensioner.
Fifth, transmission. It's unlikely that water got into your tranny, but not impossible. If it did, your tranny fluid needs to be changed. Unfortunately that usually leads to the entire tranny going out a few weeks later. Unfortunately this seems to be mist likely for what you're describing. It's also really expensive and tends to lead to follow on problems.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

thepanda

Can't seem to get into any fanfiction lately. The last few things I've tried had me gritting my teeth a few chapters in. The kind of fics that Tell for 10 pages, have two lines of dialogue, and then another ten pages of telling you what you should feel.

Merc

https://www.instagram.com/powerrangersmovie/?hl=en

Everyone remember that 'dark and edgy' power rangers short that was absolute crap, but various media called it the reboot we needed?

Yeah, someone decided to listen to that garbage and chose to design in a similar style for the new Power Rangers movie. Actually, I'd even say worse, since that short at least kept some homage to the original costumes.

Blegh, those new costumes are terrible.

The Rita Repulsa costume isn't terrible, I guess, but it doesn't make me think of Rita, makes me think of Camille. Or maybe the Green Goblin?

I dunno what exactly they're trying to go with the new designs.

To be fair, it wasn't a movie I was  thinking of watching before it shows up on redbox and I can get it as a 50 cent movie or something, so I know I'm not anywhere near the intended audience. Just wondering who the hell the intended audience -is- from those designs. There doesn't feel like there's a coherent message to them.

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Quote from: thepanda on May 06, 2016, 02:55:01 AM
Can't seem to get into any fanfiction lately. The last few things I've tried had me gritting my teeth a few chapters in. The kind of fics that Tell for 10 pages, have two lines of dialogue, and then another ten pages of telling you what you should feel.

*nods*  Sadness.
Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

Quote from: thepanda on May 06, 2016, 02:55:01 AM

That's just bad writing, fanfiction or no. You might be surprised how many non-fanfiction works do this ALL THE TIME. Drives me crazy.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Merc

*pats* Someday the important questions will be answered, Drac. Someday!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

DY

Gah, just spent an hour trying to get past a certain point in uncharted 4. Enemies attacking from above and from all sides, no ammo drops, no cover, and all while an elevator slowly rises. Most frustrating part of the game so far, got so angry I had to give or I'd end up breaking something. Bah.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Anastasia

Burning tears suck. Stupid eye problems.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Quote from: DY on May 19, 2016, 12:48:30 AM
Gah, just spent an hour trying to get past a certain point in uncharted 4. Enemies attacking from above and from all sides, no ammo drops, no cover, and all while an elevator slowly rises. Most frustrating part of the game so far, got so angry I had to give or I'd end up breaking something. Bah.

I was playing (and enjoying) freedom planet on Easy.  I basically gave up on the last boss in similar vein.  Was just going for a casual afternoon and wasn't interested in finetuning my sonic-spinoff play, especially with 15 second run to the boss sections.

All it takes is a bad moment to really put a halt in a game.  Oddly those moments are usually meant to be invigorating.
Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

Well, it appears that the water in the employee breakroom, bathroom, and drinking fountains has been tested and they've found ridiculously high levels of lead and iron in it. Some old galvanized pipe from 1985, they say. They've shut off the water on our side of the building and have put in water coolers till they get the pipe replaced.

Nothing like being inadvertently poisoned at work from the drinking water to put your other problems in perspective, I suppose.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Quote from: Kaldrak on May 23, 2016, 04:47:57 PM
Well, it appears that the water in the employee breakroom, bathroom, and drinking fountains has been tested and they've found ridiculously high levels of lead and iron in it. Some old galvanized pipe from 1985, they say. They've shut off the water on our side of the building and have put in water coolers till they get the pipe replaced.

Nothing like being inadvertently poisoned at work from the drinking water to put your other problems in perspective, I suppose.

Good Lord, that's terrifying. You aren't in Flint, are you?
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on May 23, 2016, 05:25:10 PMGood Lord, that's terrifying. You aren't in Flint, are you?

No. Our water never looked quite that bad. And I only work there part time, so I think my exposure levels are less than the full time people, plus I usually brought my own water from home, though I did refill from the drinking fountain pretty regularly when I ran out. I also drink a lot of tea from that water as well.

They're offering free testing to find out the level of lead we've been exposed to this week. Guess I'll do that and see what's what.

Anastasia

Quote from: Kaldrak on May 23, 2016, 07:40:53 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on May 23, 2016, 05:25:10 PMGood Lord, that's terrifying. You aren't in Flint, are you?

No. Our water never looked quite that bad. And I only work there part time, so I think my exposure levels are less than the full time people, plus I usually brought my own water from home, though I did refill from the drinking fountain pretty regularly when I ran out. I also drink a lot of tea from that water as well.

They're offering free testing to find out the level of lead we've been exposed to this week. Guess I'll do that and see what's what.

Good luck. About all I can say.
<Afina> Forever.