News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldrak

Wow.

I can see how that would be a hot button topic. Anyway, you helped give me some perspective and I appreciate it.

it's not a complaint, so I'm not sure it belongs in this thread, but I have to say that this place is like an oasis of sanity and kindness on the internet.

I know I don't really do fanfiction or a lot of the other stuff you guys do around here, but I like it here a lot.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Yeah, Drac deserves the credit for it, too. It was always his idea and he's done a good job with that vision.

Though I have to ask, if you don't do fanfiction or our other hobbies, how'd you end up here? I want to say it was Brian related but I could be wrong.

---

In other news, I'm job hunting. BLARGHDKSGJWKLGJEGKEJ. That really sums it up. It's a pleasant change of pace when I at least get a rejection email instead of nothing at all.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Arakawa

Politics generally tends to turn people into enemies that might otherwise be talking to each other about interesting stuff, so it's nice to have a safe space. Especially since the overall trend on the Internet is increasingly "let's push the latest controversy out to all the forums so everyone can have flame wars about it".
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Anastasia

Passed out from stomach pain on the toilet, fell off and put my head through the wall. Messed up glasses, bloodied myself up good, terrified I provoked another retinal bleed.

I want the last hour or so back.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Quote from: Anastasia on August 21, 2017, 12:37:29 PM
Yeah, Drac deserves the credit for it, too. It was always his idea and he's done a good job with that vision.

Though I have to ask, if you don't do fanfiction or our other hobbies, how'd you end up here? I want to say it was Brian related but I could be wrong.

---

In other news, I'm job hunting. BLARGHDKSGJWKLGJEGKEJ. That really sums it up. It's a pleasant change of pace when I at least get a rejection email instead of nothing at all.

Sorry to hear that Ko, that's always unpleasant.
Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on August 21, 2017, 12:37:29 PM

---

Yeah, Brian invited me. He wanted me to try some online roleplaying games, but it never seemed to work out. Got some other stuff in common with you guys though, I'd say.

As far as the job hunting, I'm of the firm opinion that job hunting is pure torture. When you are chronically depressed, one of the most unbearable, horrific things you can try to do is try to explain your worth to another individual. Hate doesn't even come close to the feeling I have for job hunting. Good luck to you.

Quote from: Anastasia on August 24, 2017, 06:06:20 AM
Passed out from stomach pain on the toilet, fell off and put my head through the wall. Messed up glasses, bloodied myself up good, terrified I provoked another retinal bleed.

I want the last hour or so back.

Good God, man! Are you alright?
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Yeah, thanks all. Job hunting just sucks, no two ways about it.

Also yeah, I'm okay. Fluke accident all around but no permanent damage seems to have been done.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on August 25, 2017, 10:51:54 AMAlso yeah, I'm okay. Fluke accident all around but no permanent damage seems to have been done.

That's good. It had sounded pretty terrible at first.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

It was, I may just have gotten off relatively lucky.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on August 25, 2017, 11:58:52 PM
Quote from: Dracos on August 25, 2017, 11:53:48 PMAnd secret of mana is getting a remake.

Wonder when that one's gonna end up in bitching.
I'm unhappy because I want Legend of Mana instead.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Rain, rain, rain, flood, flood, flood.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Merc on August 27, 2017, 06:00:02 PM
Rain, rain, rain, flood, flood, flood.

Oh goodness.

You in Texas?

Merc

Quote from: Kaldrak on August 27, 2017, 11:22:47 PM
Oh goodness.

You in Texas?
A-yup. Houston, TX. Water level's gone up badly, can't travel anywhere. Certainly not goi g to work tomorrow.

At least haven't had tornadoes here even with some of the area warnings.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Merc on August 28, 2017, 12:38:55 AM
A-yup. Houston, TX. Water level's gone up badly, can't travel anywhere. Certainly not goi g to work tomorrow.

At least haven't had tornadoes here even with some of the area warnings.

Aww man. That whole mess is shaping up to be worse than Katrina was. The news was saying the storm is going to stay where it is till Friday.

Good luck to you. Hope everything works out okay.