News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Sound Off

Started by Rye Coal, April 08, 2005, 01:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rye Coal

The Inactivity is getting really old. Post here within the next three days or you will be considered to be no longer playing. By not posting you forgo your right to complain if we move on without your approval. Your opinion will matter as soon as you become active again (ie you post).

quintopia

SuperusSophia

I agree, but on the condition everyone with an e-mail listed is notified.

Rezantis

Heheheh . . .

The interesting thing about this thread and others is that not only are we stepping outside the rules but we're doing it without unanimous consent!

Where iz we goingz? ;.;
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

CasualSax

Sorry, but you definately can't kick players out, its no where in the rules.

But if we were playing by the rules, this game has ended. =P
i][size=9]I want to be the minority
I don''t need your authority
Down with the moral majority
''Cause I want to be the minority[/size][/i]

SuperusSophia

Then the decision is do we, as a group decide on a course of action not prohibited by the rules, and therefore legal, or do we call this game over with Rez being the winner, since it was his legislation that confused the issue, although, arguably the problem lies in the initial set, and therefore the tricky bastard who inventedthis game is the winner... lol

Itarien

I'm here, I'm here

Carthrat

I'm here- wait, did the argument finish yet? :D
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

SuperusSophia

Quote from: "CasualSax"Sorry, but you definately can't kick players out, its no where in the rules.

But if we were playing by the rules, this game has ended. =P

He's not kicking players out, just making it so they are are not a part of the game process until they post again.

quintopia

people that are inactive aren't really gonna care whether we move on or not.  that's the point of this thread.  we only really give a **** about unanimous consent of active players.  Look at the word unanimous for example.  it is derived from the latin for "(with) one soul."  However, only active living being can have an animus (be animated), so unanimous means by definition only those who are active.  we are finding out now who has not decided to quit, because it would be a shame for the game to end now simply due to inactivity.

CasualSax

People are only inactive because we were so indecisive on the rule call.  No one has missed their turn.

I don't care where the word was derived from, a player is a player until we kick them out or they stop playing.  So are we kicking them out for not noticing a thread?  For not posting after?  Whatever...

I move that we start a new nomic, and call this one.  This one needs too many changes to become effective, and now we're talking about removing players without the proper legislation in effect.

Rye Coal

We are not removing players from the game. We are simply taking a head count of active players and moving the game forward with a clean conscience. I don't really want to start another game with so many active and willing players chopming at the bit to play. Change is what this game is about,  it's when this game doesn't have any more changes left to it that we should end it.

CasualSax

The rules very clearly state that when the game is too muddled to continue, it ends.

I'm stating that it very clearly is too muddled, as we're having to invent methods of change with new orders not even specified in the rules - and it will involve rule changes (as we can't even decide what's passed and what hasn't, as we can't decide who's judge..)

It would, quite frankly, be quicker to start a new game anyway.  Make the appropriate fixes to the starting ruleset..I don't mind if we include the new rules introduced into the starting ruleset as well.

I'm not even sure if the scores are right (how could they be if we can't decide on anything).

We can't continue play in any shape or form until we decide quite clearly, to the satisfaction of everyone, where we are, and I very much doubt that will happen.

quintopia

Obviously LHP Sax, I mean, how can we be sure everyone is satisfied with a statement of where we are if a small percentage of everyone never says anything to either effect?

Or maybe it's obvious because we know you'll never be satisfied whether the others are or not.  You complain about every little thing we try to do to get moving again.

Alrighty then, Sr. Sax, here is a new proposal for you.  We end the game now with no winner (since it wouldn't be fair to declare a winner when so many rules have already been broken by so many), and start over with the ruleset as it stands now.  We make all the players who post in the Sound Off thread players in the new game, we keep the turn order alphabetic, and we start with Rez as the first player?  Would that satisfy you?  It's essentially what we were going to do anyway, with the small difference that everyone would lose what points they've gotten.

CasualSax

I'm not the enemy here, and don't start pointing fingers, and don't attack me just because you're frustrated.  Be nice to me, I've not attacked you personally, but again you find the need to throw stones.

I'm not content with restarting the game unless we A. fix the problems with the rules first and B. Find a place we are all content to restart.  And frankly, I don't think thats going to happen without restarting the game.  And until someone "proves me wrong" I'm sticking to it.

No one has said anything except "we should do something."  I've layed out my proposal once already (not here, but Rye and Soph both have it, I'll post it).