News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Chapter 1: Awakenings

Started by Merc, August 08, 2005, 11:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward

Miroku smiles at all the girls, then takes a closer look at the one who has spoken to him.  "Thank you, I would be grateful if you could take me to see Shuichi-san.  Ah, but where are my manners, for I have not introduced myself.  I am Miroku, a simple traveller, and I believe fate has brough me here.  Tell me then, what is your name?"

As he talks, Miroku will try to determine the size and prosperity of the village, based on the condition of the peasant's homes, and the quality and newness of the girls' clothing.  He's also trying to note which girls are of age and which   might be so if he were to return in a few years time.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Merc

"I'm Misha, Miroku-sama!" the girl chirps happily before she latches onto the monk's arm and starts pulling on his sleeve, much to the amusement of the other giggling village girls, a few older, a few younger. Really, they're all within child bearing age, if that's what you're looking for.

"Come! Come! Shuichi-san is a -very- busy man!" she exclaims as she pulls, stressing the word 'very', with a firm serious nod.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Edward

OOC: When is Miroku not looking for girls within child-beaaring age.  ;)

Miroku blinks at Misha's forwardness at grabbing his arm, and then smiles.  He makes no move to detach her from his arm.  "Are you always in such a hurry Misha-san.  Or would it be too forward to call you Misha-chan?"

"And why is Shuichi-san such a busy man?  Has he had other visitors?"
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Merc

Misha blushes and responds with a, "Whichever you prefer to call me is fine, Miroku-sama!" and prompting another fit of giggles from the other amused girls.

"Uhm, he's the village head, so he must be very busy, right? I mean, he's village head!" she explains.

Edward

"Of course, Misha-chan," Miroku replies with a smile.  "But before we see the headman, I must ask all you girls something.  Have any of you seen or heard anything odd around the village, or seen any mysterious strangers recently?"

Merc

Everybody shakes their head after some thought and reply in the negative. It's been a pretty normal time for them, and youkai haven't really been bothering them either.

Edward

"That is good to hear," Miroku replies, "For I have been on the trail of a fierce and very dangerous yokai."  He looks at the girl holding his arm and smiles.  "Well, Misha-chan, if you could lead me to Shuichi-san, then."  Once they are far enough from the other girls that it's not blatantly obvious, he will attempt to 'accidently' slide his hand down to Misha's butt.  (If the way she's gripping his arm makes this possible.)

Merc

OOC: *gasp* and she's only 13! you bad man you! >_>

IC: The girls gasp at your statement. "A youkai? Around these parts?" they mutter, starting to chatter amongst themselves in worry (ironically unaware to the fact that there's a tanuki demon nearby).

Misha grips your arm tighter, and begins to pull you more seriously towards the village.  Sadly, you're unable to touch her at the moment, your one hand too occupied in her grip and the other slightly too visible to the public to call an accident if caught.

You don't get much time to sigh in regret to yourself, as you soon find yourself in front of a hut, smoke streaming out the chimney in the back. "The village elder lives here," Misha says as the two come to a stop.

Edward

OOC: She's of age for the culture.  Let me know if I'm overdoing it.

IC:  Miroku pauses and looks at the village elder's hut.  "My, you're quite energetic Misha-chan.  Obviously, the elder is home and I'm sure he doesn't want me just barging in, so could you introduce me."

Merc

Misha nods as she lets go of the monk's arm, walking in as she calls out, "Shuichi-san, a monk has come visiting."

Miroku hears a little stirring of papers and other things from within as a deep voice rings out, "Oh? Well, bring him in, bring him in..."

Misha's head sticks out of the hutt, and she motions for Miroku to follow in.

Edward

Miroku steps into the hut and looks around.  "Greetings, Shuichi-san."

Merc

An old man with messy white hair is sitting by a desk, grumbling as his hands shift between pages. He looks up at your greeting, and you note a scar running along his right eye, and the eye looks somewhat strange. Perhaps he's blind from that eye?

"Ah, you must be the monk Misha-chan mentioned," he mentions, as he looks you up and down. He seems surprised, likely at your age. "What can I do for you, young man?"

Yep, definitely surprised at your age.

Edward

"As you can see, I am a travelling monk," Miroku replies.  "Much of my life is spent dealing with yokai, a task I inherited from my father and my father's father.  So I ask if you or your people have noticed anything odd recently, things that they might not have even considered at the time, but that could be the work of one or more of these creatures."

Merc

The old man snorts at that. "Sorry, but as this is in Lord Oshimaru's territory, even here in the outskirts of it, most of the troublemaking youkai don't dare cause mayhem. I'm afraid you won't find much to do around these parts."

Edward

"Actually, that is quite reassuring, since I am one monk, and no doubt Lord Oshimaru has many skilled men to protect his land against such menaces."

OOC:  Has Miroku heard anything about Oshimaru?