News:

It is a very sunny day.

Main Menu

Chapter 1: Awakenings

Started by Merc, August 08, 2005, 11:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

OOC: Bleh, feeling kinda crappy, but I figured I really shouldn't be putting this off yet again. >_>

I went with one of the retcon concepts, and as such, Kikyo never died, but rather ended up sealed within a holy barrier as she healed. I wanted to do a post outlining these events (as sort of a fanfic prologue, I guess), but for now I'll just skip straight to Miroku, and edit this post later on when I do write the relevant material.

IC:

It's a beautiful morning a certain youth should soon discover, as he slowly comes to under mother nature's care.

Currently, his head is leaning against the trunk of a tree, the leaves above rustling under the light wind yet still providing ample shade for him. A bit further on ahead of him is a dusty road, and to his side a cart filled with various random articles and a fidgety tanuki, watching the monk sleep.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Edward

OOC:  Sorry, missed the post.    

IC:

Miroku stands and stretches.  "A beautiful day, isn't it Hachi?  Now if only there was a woman around as beautiful as the day."

OOC:  I presume it's his cart.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Merc

OOC: no problem. I apparently missed yours too, so fair's fair. And yes, it's his cart. Though stolen along with the loot in it. You're such a bad monk. >_>

IC:

Hachi smiles at Miroku's voice and jumps off the cart, moving to greet the monk. "Miroku-sama, good morning!"

Edward

Quote from: "MercForHire"OOC: no problem. I apparently missed yours too, so fair's fair. And yes, it's his cart. Though stolen along with the loot in it.

OOC: Nonsense, if they understood my need was greater they would have willing parted with it.  Have I checked what's in the cart?

Quote from: "MercForHire"You're such a bad monk. >_>

OOC: That's not what the girls who aren't frightened off by my directness say.  ;)

Quote from: "MercForHire"Hachi smiles at Miroku's voice and jumps off the cart, moving to greet the monk. "Miroku-sama, good morning!"

"Good morning," the monk replies.  "What do we have for breakfast?"
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Merc

"Uhm..." the tanuki replies before turning back towards the cart, where he begins digging around.

"I'm sure I saw some rice somewhere in here, Miroku-sama," he says after a while, before scratching his head. "But you took everything that wasn't nailed down in that lord's house, so I'm not exactly sure where it is."

OOC: Nope, you haven't checked.

Edward

"Well then, let's check what we have," Miroku replies.  He begins searching through the stuff.

Merc

Hmm...seems you were in a bit too much of a hurry. After a close inspection of many of the things, a good deal of it is essentially junk, as you can't really sell it for something worthwhile. Could donate it to a needy temple or something though.

There -is- a nice set of jewelry and a sculpture of a samurai that might fetch a very nice sum of coins though, among a couple of other trinkets capable of fetching a decent price each.

All in all, while not the best, it wasn't too bad an endevour either. And at that point, Hachi gives an exclamation of triumph, as he comes upon a bag of rice, some vegetables, and a few other edible things for the two.

Edward

"Good, we have breakfast," Miroko smiles.  "And some other useful things to sustain us on our way.  The rest, including the cart can no doubt be donated to a worthy temple."

On consideration, the monk plans to examine the jewelry and the statue in case they are more than they seem, but for now breakfast is most important.

Merc

Breakfast is matter quickly resolved, and Miroku quickly focuses on checking his trinkets a bit more thoroughly. Hachi watches over the monk's shoulder on occassion, but mostly focuses on readying the cart for travel again.

It doesn't seem like there's anything particularly special about the objects past their normal monetary worth though after a few minutes of inspection.

"Find anything?" the tanuki demon asks once the monk is done.

Edward

"Nothing special," Miroku replies.  "I suppose we should be going, um, away from the place we borrowed the cart."

Merc

"Of course," Hachi replies, in complete agreement. "There's a village a few miles north of here where we can dump most, if not all of this."

Transforming into a horse, he motions for you to attach the cart so he can start pulling.

OOC: Sorry about the delay in post. Ed, is there any time that'd be good for you to do an IRC session so we can speed up on the game for a bit? Poke me on IRC, or if I'm not online, send me a PM over the forum.

Edward

Mikoku attaches the cart to the 'horse', then climbs on board.  "Let's get going, then."

OOC:  I'll try to poke you next time I'm on IRC.

Merc

A few hours later, the two find themselves nearing a small village, some local girls waving along the road, and blushing as well when graced with a smile from the houshi.

Edward

"Girls?" Miroku says.  "This is definitely an auspicious place."

"Hachi, please stop by the young ladies."

"Good morning," Miroku says with a smile.  "Do not touch any of them where the other girls can see you.  That never works," he thinks.  

"I see fate has brought me to this village" the monk continues aloud.  "I was hoping you girls could bear my...greetings to the village headman.  Please tell me, is there a temple about?  And have there been any unusual incidents recently?"

Merc

The girls all giggle at the strange, yet formal monk. At Miroku's request, one of them, a girl of maybe thirteen years of age, walks closer to the cart, though the others still maintain some distance.

"If you want the head of the village, you'd be looking for Shuichi-san, monk-sama. I can direct you to his home if you'd like," the young girl offers, trying not to focus too much on his handsome face. "There isn't any temple any place nearby though."