BEST NARUTO FANFICTION EVAR (seriously D: )

Started by Kt3, October 03, 2005, 01:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kt3

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2512197/1/

Title and the opening author's notes say most of the story, but you have to read like 5 chapters before you get the full effect.  For some reason, even though most of it was completely, completely horrible as hell, I found it FUNNY.  Maybe I'm just a sick, twisted man.

Give it a try.  I dare you to read all of it.  Anyone want to take me up on this dare?
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Shuten

I occasionally check that out and each time I do I have to fight the urge to gouge my eyeballs out. A glutton for self torture is what I most assuredly am. -_-;

Sincerely,
Shuten

Liddo-kun

Quote from: "Kt3"
Maybe I'm just a sick, twisted man.

Pfft.  You're a sick twisted man.  Duh.

Now if you want me to reaffirm any more obvious statements of fact, don't hesitate to ask.  ^_^
Liddo-kun: Bjorn is the rain gutter in which all the dirty thoughts of humanity flow into?
Bjorn: I prefer, instead, to think of myself as the crap that blocks the rain gutters, causing the dirty thoughts of humanity to back up, fill the streets, and flood your basements.

Kt3

Oh, c'mon, are you the only two to take the challenge?

...and that reminds me, does anyone else remember the stories back on Delphi that were intended to test your resolve to read to the end?
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Edward

Quote from: "Kt3"Oh, c'mon, are you the only two to take the challenge?

Yeah, the rest of us learned for their sacrifice.  ^_^

Quote from: "Kt3"...and that reminds me, does anyone else remember the stories back on Delphi that were intended to test your resolve to read to the end?

I've seen fics like that, but claiming it was an intentional endurance test is a more clever excuse than I've ever seen an 'author' use to justify their assaults on plot, characterization, spelling, grammar, and common sense..
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

thepanda

You mean nearly everything written by WFRose?

Edward

If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

thepanda

kpjam

Quote from: "thepanda"You mean nearly everything written by WFRose?

Stop!  Wforse was a awesome.  He was a bastion of.... Hell, sorry, can't even joke about him being anywhere close to decent.
he secret of tomb has been revealed, do nothing!

thepanda

Well, if I recall correctly the technical aspect of his writing wasn't too bad. His problem had more to do with what he wrote, much like Carrot.

Carrot, by the way, was another one who tested your ability to keep reading.

Kt3

I think you guys have been reading too many pieces of good literature lately.  I wouldn't expect fanfiction readers to have such a distinctive palate. :]

thepanda

Just because we read works written by non-professionals doesn't mean we eat shit and enjoy it. People like Carrot and WFRose are far from the worst fanfiction has to offer, but they aren't nearly the best, either.

Recalling fics like Artemis' Lover (terrible), The Better End? (almost as bad), Quantum Destinies (meh), Trio (what was I smoking?), On a Clear Day You Can See Forever (good read, highly OOC), Grey (Better read, OOC), Sound Hearts (loved it),  Vacation Days (probably the best Tenchi-fic out there), and pretty much anything written by Benjamin Oliver gives you an idea of the range of quality I'm used to reading.

Kt3

Of course, you have to realize that most of the quality of written work accepted by this forum is 1000x greater than most other forums.  Well, maybe not a thousand, but it's a lot greater than most other places.

Surely you can remember a time when, being younger and less experienced, you enjoyed some crappy stories and thought they were good?

thepanda

Quote from: "Kt3"Surely you can remember a time when, being younger and less experienced, you enjoyed some crappy stories and thought they were good?

Well, I did mention Trio and Quantum Destinies.

Kt3

Well, my original challenge still stands.  Has anyone else read all of the chapters?  What are your thoughts?