"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Image of the Day

Started by Merc, January 30, 2006, 12:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Quote from: Merc on November 12, 2011, 11:44:53 AM
They can't be that low, I don't even know what show you're talking about (must be something really old! ^_-). That pic is from Voltron though.

Voltron the mech was always awesome.  That pic is also awesome.  That is all.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Simom Bre: I must laugh even now at your inability to recognize Voltron.

Then I cry when the implications that I am, in fact, older than you kick me in the junk and nick my wallet.

The crazy fragmented-world-dino-thingy picture is INCREDIBLY AWESOME.

Also ... ... ... yeah, forgot my point.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Kt3 on November 13, 2011, 12:36:19 AM
It's Puss in Plate!
Hahaha. Excellent!

Quote from: Merc on November 13, 2011, 01:24:22 AM
Some more cats for you, Rain, since you like them so much. =p
I do! I fancy a pet cat far more than a pet dog. Not being a dog person to begin with, having had several bad experiences with dogs during my single-digit years (and no, I'm not into the triple-digit years, you cads), and finding dogs to be entirely too high-maintenance, I fear I shall always prefer the ethereal mystique of cats over the slobbering solidity of dogs. Sorry, dog lovers. :)

Quote from: Brian on November 13, 2011, 05:32:40 AM
Simom Bre: I must laugh even now at your inability to recognize Voltron.

Then I cry when the implications that I am, in fact, older than you kick me in the junk and nick my wallet.

The crazy fragmented-world-dino-thingy picture is INCREDIBLY AWESOME.

Also ... ... ... yeah, forgot my point.
Meh. Mecha anime was not my gateway genre into the larger world of anime, even though I did watch Harmony Gold's Robotech show when it aired in the U.S.. The original Tenchi OAVs was my gateway series, followed quickly by the Ah, My Goddess! OAVs and then Ranma ½. The only other mecha series I liked was Full Metal Panic, which I'm not entirely sure qualifies as a mecha series in the same way that Voltron or Giant Robo, etc., does, as the mecha involved aren't so much characters there as part of the setting.

You're older than me? You're going to have to state your age to prove that. O_o Or did you mean to say "Then I cry when the implication that I am, in fact, older, then you kick me in the junk and nick my wallet." or something? I'm confused. ;p
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Brian

I liked FMP, yeah.

Anyway--  Voltron was a Saturday morning cartoon when I was a kid.  If you just missed it, then that explains things, too.  Beyond that, I was a bit drunk when I posted that, so. 

I also remember watching 'Robotech' on television in grade school.

I suppose it's just spending 20 hours a day at work/working may just be making me feel older.  @_@

No need to state my age; it's on my profile. ;P

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Brian on November 13, 2011, 01:24:44 PM
Anyway--  Voltron was a Saturday morning cartoon when I was a kid.  If you just missed it, then that explains things, too.  Beyond that, I was a bit drunk when I posted that, so. 

I also remember watching 'Robotech' on television in grade school.

I suppose it's just spending 20 hours a day at work/working may just be making me feel older.  @_@

No need to state my age; it's on my profile. ;P
I don't remember Voltron on Saturday mornings, but eh. I was in my latest teens or earliest 20's when Robotech was on. Ah, you're 32. At 49, I could've been your father. Chew on that for a while. "You are my son, Luke!" :D

Was wondering why I didn't post my age, but it asks for DOB. I tend not to put that info in such obvious places if I can help it.
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Brian

Also puts your name/birthday in the 'and x's birthday is coming up soon' widget at the bottom of the forum.

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Brian on November 13, 2011, 01:47:06 PM
Also puts your name/birthday in the 'and x's birthday is coming up soon' widget at the bottom of the forum.

At this point in life, birthdays have lost all meaning. :)

Brian

I got three years before that hits me. o_o

~exploding tag~

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Sinom Bre

Merc: So... Is he the Idea Man?

Sinom Bre

For all your apothecary needs... Would she have been burned at the stake 300 years ago, do you think?

Edward

Quote from: Sinom Bre on November 14, 2011, 01:58:32 AMFor all your apothecary needs... Would she have been burned at the stake 300 years ago, do you think?

Unlikely.  The witch hunts were largely over, apothecaries were a tiny fraction of the accused.  She's also very wealthy, so a success in her profession and probably popular in the community.  In the unlikely event that someone did accuse her, she clearly has enough money to afford to leave town until the hysteria blows over.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Kt3

Quote from: Sinom Bre on November 14, 2011, 01:49:43 AM
Merc: So... Is he the Idea Man?

He'll light up your night.

But yeah, Brian was trying to say that the concept that he was older would be the thing that would commence with the junk-knocking and wallet-nicking.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Sinom Bre

* Sinom Bre singsongs, "Merc's got an imaginary girlfriend!"