News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Arc 1: Dreams of Heroism

Started by Bjorn, October 01, 2006, 03:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorn

With the hell hound finally fallen, the abrupt return of the unnaturall stillness of the ruined city is eerie.  The only sounds are your own laboured breathing and the clinking of the still-cooling rubble of your foe.

Halbarad

Tim just looks at his hands from his seated position on the ground, seemingly still in shock as the adrenaline drains out of him slowly. "I can NOT have just done that..." he repeats numbly.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Brian

Brian is likewise absorbed with studying his own hands.  "That was," he begins, frowning, before shaking his head abruptly.  "I'm kind of blown away, here.  My sorry and out-of-shape ass is hurting here.  So, I've got a stitch in my side, and that kind of hammers home the whole 'this ain't a dream' thing.  On the one hand, I feel great that we managed to kill a lava dog."

He pauses briefly, then adds, "But damn, that thing scared the hell out of me.  I think, uh.  I think we should get away from what's left of it."  He blinks, looking up at his friends and adding, "So, everyone's okay, right?"
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

Nathan - who was busy staring at the remains of whatever the hell that was - nods in response to the question, looking across at Brian to make sure that his gesture is seen.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Brian

Nodding back at Nathan, Brian relaxes faintly.  Then he turns to Tim, who seems to know what he was doing.  "So, this is like some uncomical version of El Hazard, huh?  Any minute now and the Bugrom will attack."  As he says this, he actually tries to use his keen hearing to detect any nearby sources of sound -- or movement -- if he can.

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

The wind doesn't bring you any hint of things stirring, other than yourselves.  Of course, given that the hell hound sprang fully formed from the ground....

Halbarad

"I'll take your word for it - never saw it myself," Tim says, slowly getting back to his feet. "I mean, I know I FELT a bit faster and stronger, but... for god's sake, I just BROKE a freaking lava dog with a rock the size of my head. I was staring down its THROAT and still managed to get out of the way!"
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Rezantis

It's an interesting conversation, but Nathan tunes it out for the moment . . . he's trying to work out how to turn himself back into normal-Rez.

Bjorn

Quote from: "Rezantis"It's an interesting conversation, but Nathan tunes it out for the moment . . . he's trying to work out how to turn himself back into normal-Rez.

The voice of... Erik Paitrsson, you realize abrupty, whispers to you, telling you how to "touch the heart of flesh within you," before returning to a low moaning of fright.

Rezantis

Well, Nathan tries to . . . wait.

He's moaning in fright?  How long's he been doing that and what's he moaning about - just the dog?

Bjorn

Quote from: "Rezantis"Well, Nathan tries to . . . wait.

He's moaning in fright?  How long's he been doing that and what's he moaning about - just the dog?

The moaning in fright is, in fact, about the dog.  The one word that you can pull out of that chaotic mess is "Dragon."

Rezantis

Nathan ponders this for a second, then goes to voice something andd realizes he can't.

Grr.

So instead he tries to do what he did before to turn into . . . this . . . in the first place.  Whatever 'touch the heart of flesh inside himself' means.

Bjorn

And back into human are you turned.  To Brian and Tim, you rather abruptly shrink down into normal size, though the most visually dramatic effect is the sudden shift away from the monochrome hues of iron.

You also realize at this point that you feet have sunken into the soft loam that was under the torn-up cobblestones, and unlike your golem form, you don't have the strength to rip your feet free without thinking.

Brian

Brian is initially awestruck by Nathan's transformation -- especially since it maintained modesty.  Then he realizes that Nathan's stuck, and can't help but snicker quietly.  "Need, uh, a hand, Pinky?"

Without waiting for a reply, Brian goes to Nathan's side to help extricate him.

~exploding tag~

Halbarad

Tim heads over to help extricate the ex-golem, except that Brian seems to have it well in hand. "I think the question in mind at this point is 'okay, that was freaky as hell - but now what?' And honestly, I think getting the hell out of here sounds like a very good suggestion - I have no idea if that was the only one of those things here, and I'd rather not find out if it had a big brother."
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.