News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Paranoia: Die Laughing.

Started by Bjorn, October 21, 2003, 12:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trunkyboy

What he said.  I'll wait as well.  Shooting commies sounds like fun ^^
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Rezantis

I . . . you're trying to obstruct our mission of finding mutant commie traitors!

TRAITOR!  COMMIE TRAITOR!

*shoots Bjorn*
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

RangerShade

*Considers*

Oh why not?

I suspect the others have been looking forward to this.

Friend computer, troubleshooter ready here.

And the laser turrets aimed at me had nothing to do with this decision, honest!
"Wonderful, we're probably all going to die now."

Captain K.

If anyone's still interested in this, I'll GM.

THE RULES

1. Forum game only. If you do not post at least once every two days your character will be considered overly quiet and thus a likely traitor.

2. The Computer will be using Fifth edition rules, with little-to-no dice rolling involved.  If you don't know what Fifth edition means, that's good.  Knowledge of the rules is treason.

3. Characters will be starting out their careers as Red-clearance troubleshooters.  Submit your characters at the shibakev@earthlink.net terminal.  Your name should have your clearance and three-letter home sector at the end, such as Ter-R-IST or Eve-R-EDY or Ronald-R-GAN.

4. You will die.  Frequently.  Luckily you have 5 additional clones to make up for your previous clone's poor judgment.

5. Once the game starts, there is no OOC.  Comments about your character's stats or game mechanics will cause your teammates to think you odd and likely shoot you.

6. Happiness is mandatory.  Welcome to Alpha Complex, Citizen.

Halbarad

I'll bite. Where do I pick up my clones?
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

I'm interested but have no where near enough free time to pick up another game.  Good luck though.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

A couple of time related questions for you.

A) What pace do you want to set? (Number of posts per day, speed of posting, etc?)

B) What times will you be around on the boards?

C) Will you want to encourage faster back and forth posting between PCs/GM or a slower, more flushed out posting style?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Captain K.

It'll be fairly slow.  I'm on maybe three times a day, at varying hours (I work a job with ever-changing hours).  I looked at some of the other games and saw that characters post in order A, B, C, D.  I think that would work well for this, with an occasional interjection in the order by the Computer.

If interested, just email me at shibakev@earthlink.net with a brief character bio.

Caliban

I'm about to move house, but I'll keep an eye out to see when the game actually comes together. Not played in friggin years, though.

Anastasia

I'm tentative. We'll see shortly with my other obligations, and how your turnout does. I'll bug you about it in a few days, say?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Captain K.

So that's one yes and a couple of maybes.  Not too promising.

Dracos

It's only been a couple of days.  Give it a bit.  I flung a notice up in the forum chatroom.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

I'm up for playing.  I don't know fast paced game like Paranoia will stand up being forum-based, but I am willing to give it a try.
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Zenthor

I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'm slightly tentative.  The Token Old Man DMing something... kind of scary.
iato: *hugs Super* Lala.
redffea: Its that exciting Super?
Supaaielman: *Explodes*

Irius

I'll give you a definite yes, Captain.  Expect an e-mail from me as soon as my comp has net acess again which should be by the end of the week.