Paranoia: Die Laughing.

Started by Bjorn, October 21, 2003, 12:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorn

Hello, Citizen.  We would ask if you were happy with your current position in Alpha Complex, but we know you are happy, because if you weren't happy, you would be a traitor, and you would have already been executed.  So, clearly, you must be happy.

In fact, your Happy Loyalty profile (generated through your answers on Forms XVII.L-30-Gamma-XVIII-A through XLG) has indicated that you are ideally suited for the role of Troubleshooter.  As of now, in addition to your normal duties, you will be hunting down commie mutant traitors for Friend Computer.  We're sure that makes you very, very happy.

Congratulations on your promotion -- as of now, you have been granted Red clearance.  Troubleshooting is a fun and exciting career -- so exciting, in fact, that Troubleshooters regularly die from excitement.  Therefore, your clone tanks are full, since Friend Computer loves you, and knows that there is nothing that will make you happier than dying repeatedly for Friend Computer.

Anyways.  About what it says -- is there any interest in a Paranoia game?  For those not familiar with the concept/rules, http://www.paranoia-rpg.com/ is a good place to start.

Obviously, by raising this question, I'm willing to GM it, but if someone else wants to (and, especially, if they have interest and/or books), I'm completely (read: more) happy to play instead.

Assuming for a minute I am the GM, then what you'll be looking at is an even more rules-light version than normal (since the only references I have is the above-listed site), pre-generated characters, and (hopefully) a fairly fast-paced game.  After all, Troubleshooters who aren't doing their very happy best for Friend Computer are traitors.

Thoughts?

Dracos

Mmm, very tempting.  Very tempting.  *will have to look over his schedule and consider if he could do a half decent job*

How fast paced would the game be played?

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Bjorn

Quote from: "Dracos"
How fast paced would the game be played?

I'd like to say "very," but let's be realistic here.  I can't game 24/7, and I don't expect anyone else to do so.  What I'd suggest is that if you don't think you'll be able to check and post at least 5 or 6 days out of the week, then you'll probably be posting too slow.

On the other hand, this is Paranoia.  If you suddenly hit a busy spot, and can't post for a couple weeks, then you'll die, and I'll put off reinserting your next clone until you are available again.  Remember, it's not if you're going to die, it's about how much fun you have kicking the bucket.

Dracos

I can generally do 1-3 posts a day and rarely miss coming to the forum for it. Hmm...

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I'm tempted as well, to be honest, despite my schedule. How long a game are we talking here? Will this be a really long, deep game or more or a oneshot/short series?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Bjorn

Quote from: "dunefar"I'm tempted as well, to be honest, despite my schedule. How long a game are we talking here? Will this be a really long, deep game or more or a oneshot/short series?

I was thinking alone the lines of a silly one-shot adventure.  If nothing else, if you keep clones around long enough to do a long, deep game, I'd think I was doing something wrong. ;)

Trunkyboy

I read the rules, seems like fun.  I am up for playing.
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Dracos

Citizen willing to commence troubleshooting.  Tell when and what to shoot and what's going on.

>>

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

*Formally submits his withdrawl*

Well, I just got an increased workload from somewhere else, so...what little free time I had is now super kaput.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

I think I could go for it.

I haven't played paranoia in years.

My own limited time will be seen (at the GM's suggestion) as license to burn through my clones at heretofore unknown rates of deathination.

Also, can I have a cone weapon? I'll stand at the back of the party and be the rearguard. :)
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Okay.  So far, for confirmed players, we've got three:  trunkyboy, Dracos, and Brian.  I tend to think we should have at least one more; you know, the whole "two's company, three's a crowd, four a veritable orgy of lies, deceit, backstabbing and treachery" thing.

In the meantime, I'll plan a campaign, and look for a copy of the rules.

Dracos

I've Never Played!

^_^

Friend computer, know this, the people find you to be obsolete.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Rezantis

Obsolete?

. . .

Citizen, you have committed an error.  Please report to the termination booth immediately.  

I'm interested.  Haven't played either, but what the hey, the game sounds cool.  ^^
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Bjorn

There's no other way to say it but:  I suck.  I'm very sorry, but over at least the next month or so, I'm going to be too busy to take on GMing a game.  

My sincere apologies if I got anyone's hopes up.

Dracos

Life sucks that way.  We'll wait.  I will at least.

And any who walk away are obviously traitors who need to be eliminated by friend computer o_o.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.