News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Paranoia: Die Laughing.

Started by Bjorn, October 21, 2003, 12:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain K.

So we've got Irius, Trunkyboy, Hal, and probably Zenthor, with a couple more tenatives.  That's good enough to start.

First, some background info to get everyone in the mood:

Boy, life sure is great here in Alpha Complex!  Of course, you've never lived anywhere but Alpha Complex, but you're sure this is the best place there is.  Friend Computer provides everything for you!  Sure, you're a lowly Infrared clearance clone working in the food processing plant, but you know that one day your loyalty to the computer will be properly demonstrated and you'll be promoted to a higher security clearance.

One morning, you wake up to a loud call from the Computer.  CONGRATULATIONS, CITIZEN!  YOU HAVE BEEN PROMOTED TO RED CLEARANCE.  YOUR NEW JOB IS TROUBLESHOOTER.  REPORT TO SECTOR XPD FOR OUTFITTING.

Wow, a Troubleshooter!  Those guys are the best!  They... um... well, you're not really sure what they do, but you're going to be the best darn Troubleshooter there is!

You quickly consume your Foodlyke product and Bouncy Bubbly Beverage, don your black coveralls, and head off in search of Sector XPD.

We'll keep the character creation simple for this.  When you email me at shibakev@earthlink.net, send your character's name and rank these stats in order from greatest to least for your character:

Strength (strength, duh)
Agility (physical coordination and balance)
Dexterity (hand-eye coordination)
Endurance (resist damage and fatigue)
Moxie (wits, understanding stuff)
Chutzpah (talking your way out of bad situations)
Mechanical Aptitude (making your laser or robot operate correctly)
Power (control of mutant powers, which you don't have, because being a mutant is treason, right?  Wink wink nudge nudge)

So, as an example, if you wanted a character who was a good shot with a laser, you might rank them Dexterity, Mechanical Aptitude, Moxie, Agility, Strength, Endurance, Chutzpah, Power

Halbarad

I'm too lazy to email, so check your PM box here for my info.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Captain K.

Ah, yes, PM is fine.  I didn't realize this board had it.

I have characters from Excal, Hal, and Zenny.  Will be sending you info back tonight.  One more character and we can get started.

Trunkyboy

riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Dracos

You guys get a separate forum.  I'll get you set up.  If you have aim, message me.  I love the enthusiasm, but I don't want this forum to get swamped with an actual game going on in the middle of it.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

There we go.  If you need an OOC area, message me or hal.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Captain K.

I've been to sector OOC before.  It was nice, but the clones there kept talking about strange things.  So I shot them.

Dracos

Yeah, anyhow you'll probably want a clean topic.  If not, well, up to you.  I'm moving out of the way. =)

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Captain K.

Folks, I'd like to apologize for the pace of this game.  My job has taken far more of my time than I anticipated (I worked 15 hours yesterday for example).  If y'all are bored, we can stop.  But if you're cool with the current pace we'll keep going.

Zenthor

I'm fine with it.  A game going slow is better than no game at all.
iato: *hugs Super* Lala.
redffea: Its that exciting Super?
Supaaielman: *Explodes*

Halbarad

Slow doesn't bother me. I think we just need Excal to post, as the forum hiccup the other day ate his post.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Irius

Sorry for dragging things a bit.  Saw that the last post in the forum was mine and assumed that the post had gone up.  Anyways, reposted now, so hopefully things can proceed.

Trunkyboy

Barring GM or player action I will be posting a reply to Zenthor's inquiry, so, uh, yeah >.>
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Halbarad

Sorry. I'm a bit unconscious at the moment, so consider me as passing until I'm revived. <_<
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Captain K.

Alas, I fear I can't keep up with this.

A, I never remember to check this website since there's not much going on here.

B, I've accepted a position with seraphicgate.com that will take my remaining free time (after games, Gamefaqs, RPGDL, and the other important priorities  :twisted: )

If anyone wants to take the reins and run with it, be my guest.  Otherwise, it's just another in a long list of dead games here.

At least I finally got to kill Hal.  I was wondering when he'd slip up.