News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Captioning Game

Started by Merc, February 18, 2004, 01:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Okay, so as to try to bring a bit more action to this section of the board outside of the ooooooh's and ahhhhhhhh's after Olg makes one of his linkage updates, here's a 'contest' just for fun. There are no prizes, other than acknowledgement of being the proud owner of a weird/interesting/funny mind.

Point of the game: Fill in the captions of the picture presented to get the most laughs out of the judges and peers. That being Olg, me, and fellow SR goons.

No rules specifically designated at this moment. You all should be mature and intelligent enough to know what would be allowed in a forum like this one. If proven otherwise, and this also kicks up enough interest, rules will be provided.

Starting Image: A Ranma pic, combining some cel images from ShadowLight's Page.

:: Caption 1 ::
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Okay, attachments are thoroughly broken.  I'll see about getting them online later today.  Before then, just message me or merc for some temp hosting.

To get things started, here's a really stupid caption ^_^

I LIKE CHEESE

There is actually a thought path behind this, but it's largely craziness.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

Um. I'll kick mine up on Monday, since apparently my MSPaint and other image editing programs died a lingering, lonely death in my hard drive while I wasn't looking...
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Huitzil

RANMA: "...So Dad finds the condom in my stuff, and he fucking loses it, and of course he has to call Mom in and tell her, so then she starts laying into me after he's already done, and then Soun hears about it..."

RAT GUY: "Dude, that's fucked up. You should move out."

AKANE: <Can't feel my legs... so cold... so dark...>
ee the turtle, ain't he keen?
All things serve the fuckin' Beam.

Kt3

Yes, it's stupid... but I... ah, well.   I don't have an excuse.

http://doorstead.homestead.com/files/suckage1.JPG
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Catwho

Here's an entry from me.  Read it Japanese manga style (right to left) for it to make more sense.

http://www.catwho.net/images/caption1.jpg

Kt3

Um, no it doesn't. ^_^;

At least, not for me.  Says "bvcrf(whatever).yahoo.com could not be found"
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Merc

Yeah, his hosting choice tends to die after a few minutes. Thankfully, I saved his image, and uploaded it myself: http://coecs.ou.edu/Mario.Chiock/hosted_stuff/caption1Panda.jpg

Anyhow, this has been up for a while now, so I guess its about time to consider this round over with. Pick your favorite caption, people, so we can applaud some winner before picking a new target image. ^_^

EDIT: My vote was one cookie for Catwho as my winner's choice (with Edward a close temptation), and Yuth getting another cookie for the interesting picture captions.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Edward

If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Ragnar

I am resurrecting this for my own amusement, and hopefully the amusement of others as well. This picture of Mr. Gonzales needs a caption.

Not anime, I know, but deserving nonetheless. Depending how this goes, I'd like to do more in the future.

Anyway, I'll provide an example:
"You should have seen the size of the one that got away!"

I await your entries.
-Ragnar
"BUT THOU MUST!"

DannyCat|somewhere: Watch out, Huitzil. Encredible froce is being swang here.

Dracos

"Your honor, it was this big.  He clearly couldn't have been under eighteen"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Getzeye

"I'm not joking! They were that round and firm they couldn't of been real!"

----

"They were the juiciest melons ever"
Indeed, we are the Angels of Death" Dark Angels
"..tread softly as you step on my dreams.."

Ranma_007

"I SERIOUSLY did not know vaseline could go THERE! And I'll NEVER do THAT again!"