Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on December 16, 2011, 09:44:10 AM

I can think a few alternatives.

Reduce the scope of the ability: Reduce it to only an extra move action rather than a move or standard, and allow spells to be cast as quickened (possibly with further restrictions?)

Remove the ability and up static bonuses to compensate: Get rid of it for another boost to swift surge bonuses (+1 AC/attack/+1d6 damage/+10 movement) or restore a caster level.

Replace it with a different ability: Just make something up that's cool and speed-thematic. Off the top of my head... a whirlwind attack variant that lets you make a single attack on every opponent within say 1/2 movement? I'm sure there are other potential ideas that could work as well.

Work on one to your preference and let me know what you prefer. I'll be coming back to this soon.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 16, 2011, 06:28:52 PM
This feat:  http://dndtools.eu/feats/tome-of-battle-the-book-of-nine-swords--88/superior-unarmed-strike--2844/

I honestly don't have any problem with the feat, but I don't want to start letting ToB things into this. I don't precisely believe in a slippery slope argument, but like hell if want to set the precedent. Are any of you going to try and use this to get me to approve more ToB stuff if I allow this?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on December 17, 2011, 07:34:30 AM
Props on the battle report, Dune. As far as the dead pixie goes, Afina personally disdains resurrection but would take it herself in the current situation. She and Crystal'll talk to the other pixies and find out who knows the dead one and what their feelings were, then go back to the Jarl?

Okay, we'll cover this next session.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 17, 2011, 11:34:23 AM
Because I feel like an asshole this morning:

Quote from: Anastasia on December 17, 2011, 01:08:20 AM
Below are summaries of your major battles. Relevant information, such as loot, will be cross posted in the appropriate topics.

DO NOT REPLY IN THIS TOPIC. TAKE IT TO LOOT FOR TREASURE OR NAGGING FOR ANYTHING ELSE. IF YOU POST HERE I WILL PERSONALLY DELETE YOUR POST AND JUST STARE AT YOU WHEN YOU ASK WHAT IS UP, LIKE "WHAT BITCH, DIDN'T READ THE FUCKING FIRST POST, DID YOU?"[
So yeah, don't do that.

:)

Hey, at least you read it. That works for me.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 17, 2011, 03:50:33 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on December 16, 2011, 06:28:52 PM
This feat:  http://dndtools.eu/feats/tome-of-battle-the-book-of-nine-swords--88/superior-unarmed-strike--2844/

I honestly don't have any problem with the feat, but I don't want to start letting ToB things into this. I don't precisely believe in a slippery slope argument, but like hell if want to set the precedent. Are any of you going to try and use this to get me to approve more ToB stuff if I allow this?

I actually think most ToB/ToM stuff is shit. I'm not going to leverage you on something you hate. That's why I asked you about the feat. I CERTAINLY won't ask about classes, they're awful. In the future, I may inquire about feats, but if they don't pass my Bullshit Detector, they won't even come up.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Behind the Curtain: Morale and your soldiers.

Morale has many benefits in battle. Higher morale grants bonuses to attack and defense for your armies, and a full morale provides immunity to fear and other emotion based effects for that unit. There are other ramifications of morale, however. Reaching high morale can help unlock extra scenes, items and useful things. As an example, there were two triggers to Carly giving you that ioun stone.

- Lifasa Refugee unit at Fanatic or higher morale.
- Decisive victory against diabolical forces within sight of Aurora.

This is meant to give motivation to building a happy, cohesive army.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Some stuff that keeps on being forgotten, so here it is again!

-Let's add the question of 'Do you know how devils can be permanently destroyed?' to the devil interrogation project?
-Dune, can we have a price on putting the bullrushing unicorn spell on the gate?
-Likewise, can we have a price for a greater dispel/disjunction placed on the gate?
-Presumably, we can chain those, so that people rushing past are first dispelled, then buffeted by magic missiles, then rushed outside with unicorns? It should be pretty awesome.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on December 17, 2011, 05:05:02 PM-Presumably, we can chain those, so that people rushing past are first dispelled, then buffeted by magic missiles, then rushed outside with unicorns? It should be pretty awesome.
This is an amazing idea.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Retrained Misalea's favored enemies. I meant to earlier but it got lost in the shuffle of leveling up.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Updated autobattle settings for a few people and added them for Crystal and Drena. Hope lacks autobattle settings, as he almost always fights as Crystal's mount.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 17, 2011, 05:05:02 PM
Some stuff that keeps on being forgotten, so here it is again!

-Let's add the question of 'Do you know how devils can be permanently destroyed?' to the devil interrogation project?

Eb, would you edit that into the first post? I just quote that when I make them.

Quote-Dune, can we have a price on putting the bullrushing unicorn spell on the gate?

Has it been posted in the Aurora topic? If not do so and elaborate. If it has just quote that post in a new post.

Quote-Likewise, can we have a price for a greater dispel/disjunction placed on the gate?

Post it in the Aurora topic. I keep those posts there so I can reference them without picking through this topic for upgrades.

Quote-Presumably, we can chain those, so that people rushing past are first dispelled, then buffeted by magic missiles, then rushed outside with unicorns? It should be pretty awesome.

Entirely possible, yes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on December 01, 2011, 03:26:48 PM
Cpu mpmmpcx, rwvrwx jwu argt djspc bjlpx j sjxst ucvwl.

Zmvjcc lzwdm Apiz jiks nzwu kwtwz eqbp bpm pmtx wn i aiqvb.

Urmw 21! Hsv szh 21. Urmw svi zmw 21!

This is delayed, and I only noticed just now when I was checking my notes. One of those cyphers was not meant to be released, it was from test batch. Disregard the following cypher:
Zmvjcc lzwdm Apiz jiks nzwu kwtwz eqbp bpm pmtx wn i aiqvb. If you crack it, it's no great or relevant spoiler; I used unused plot lines from old games to test out the various cyphers. Further, if you crack it you'll understand why it was just a test cypher. The first and third cypher are still valid.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Edited the monk progression tables posted today, toned down the final levels to be less crazy. Size-boosting shenanigans with monks are still potent, but that's the nature of the beast.

---

Okay, Yuth asked about greater mighty wallop and permanency. GMW is top shelf buffing for a monk and well worth the investment, as well as high tier cheese. Willim's a fair bit behind in damage, and as he's primarily a fighter with no casting, I'm fairly sympathetic to the position he's in. I'm going to allow this on a trial basis, just like I've allowed 3.0 haste for Afina.  If it balances, great. If it doesn't, I'll have him exchange it for another permanency-ed spell at no cost.

You guys are roughly where I want you with damage output, barring Yuth. (Merc's slowly recovered with a few levels + marginally better dicebot luck. Marginally.) Something like Jaela's 298 damage routine is higher than I want to see most of the time, but it was a crit and going all out on a big ol' dragon. I'm fine with that. I generally anticipate anywhere from 75-150 damage a round from one of you assuming a full attack or whatever passes for one from you guys. This doesn't count crits, situational anomalies and other wildcards, but it's a good place to work from.

As a tangent, this is why I've been consistent on not wanting to see Jaela pick up a divine-themed arcane strike (Besides other reasons, anyway, but this is really the one that's germane to this situation). With Robliar's Gambit, options and an already good attack routine, she's dealing out plenty of damage per round. I'd rather she expands her options out - which she has plenty of already - than stack on more damage output.

---

Speaking of 3.0 haste:

QuoteAs far as replacing Perpetual Options, maybe put another +10 movement boost in at 9th level and have 10th level Swiftblade increase caster level? Diminishing the ability would probably still be too strong and I can't be bothered making up something new.

Go ahead and do that. I'll add it to houserules.

---

Once loot is settled, assuming NPCs have any wealth of note, I'll do NPC purchases.

---

Anyone have any suggestions for Misalea's level 12 feat? In her current mind-set it's going to be something warrior related, so don't suggest something purely bardic and support. She doesn't need to qualify for any PrCs for the forseeable future, so it's really wide open.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Specifically for combat...Power attack or arcane strike are about the only things I can think of since she's already picked up snowflake warsong, honestly.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on December 19, 2011, 12:59:43 AM
Specifically for combat...Power attack or arcane strike are about the only things I can think of since she's already picked up snowflake warsong, honestly.

Yes. She'll have the to-hit for PA soon enough if she wants to go that route. Well, assuming she can. I forget if power attack and weapon finesse mixes...checking...hm, can't find a ruling offhand. Eb, didn't you run into this with Afina? Even if she can she's not inclined to, as it doesn't really match the style she's trying to emulate. Arcane Strike has potential, though it's used enough already that I'm hesitant to hand it out again.
<Afina> Forever.