News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Combining the horn wouldn't work, since it's an actual instrument you need to blow. The other two could be combined, though.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Fair enough. My goal was pretty much to cast a few illusion spells to emulate change shape and holograms, and use a single all-purpose spell for that. If I want to just have this happen, can I have a few X times per day items of Major Image, Persistent Image and Veil made for me?

Actually, speaking of itemized spells, can Rhino's Rush be? Same swift action activation as the actual spell.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on December 11, 2015, 02:24:50 PM
Combining the horn wouldn't work, since it's an actual instrument you need to blow. The other two could be combined, though.

That's fine, then.

Corwin

Purchasing a lesser rod of extend spell, 750gp/3,000gp

FUNDS: 7,777.44gp - 750gp = 7,027.44gp

Nephrite

Can I get the horn enchanted so I don't have to constantly hold it, also? I realized that I can't really play the harp and blow the horn at the same time.

Merc

Since it's come up a bit:

"Aurora Fund @ 247k": ShowHide
Quote from: Ebiris on October 12, 2012, 04:58:06 PM
We'll buy 40k worth of blue ice from the Mercane and ask Baleruk and Vul'lath to craft an appropriately flattering statue of Auril out of it. If anyone can cast skill buffs on them go for it.

Aurora fund now at 247,075.72gp.

"Swords cost unknown?": ShowHide
Quote from: Corwin on November 23, 2012, 11:32:39 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on May 20, 2012, 09:52:00 PM
Elena's sword designs

These documents outline seven cold iron swords that must be made to unlock Medi's quarters. While each one goes into detail about the enchantments required, it does not mention the precise type of sword to be made.

Sword of the Moon: Cold iron sword+2, moonfire blasting.
Sword of the Sun: Cold iron sword+2, sunfire blasting.
Sword of Fire: Cold iron sword+3, fiery blast.
Sword of Water: Cold iron sword+3, icy blast.
Sword of Air: Cold iron sword+3, lighting blast.
Sword of Earth: Cold iron sword+3, acidic blast.
Sword of Holiness: Cold iron sword+1, holy power.

Notably, none of you have ever heard of a moonfire or sunfire blasting weapon.

We're making them and using the Aurora fund for it.

"Ellese: 50k donation": ShowHide
Quote from: Anastasia on August 19, 2013, 07:52:00 PM
Ellese has 80,277.4 gold. She spends 50k to pay off her debts. I won't worry about the Aurora fund, but I am including a marker below so this isn't forgotten. 30277.4 gold left. She'll spend all but a smidge of that on epic bracers of armor+11. She's done and keeps 27.4 gold.

IN CASE IT'S EVER NEEDED: Add 50k to Aurora fund.

"CODA addition: 10.5k": ShowHide
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 27, 2014, 06:21:00 PM
Assuming we are including the Aurora Fund, everyone gets 10,437.5 gold.

"CODA Fey: 12k": ShowHide
Quote from: Ebiris on November 18, 2015, 02:03:27 PM
I don't know if the Aurora fund is still maintained these days so either...

Aurora gets 11,955gp and Afina/Crystal/Simmer each get 3,985gp

Or

Afina/Crystal/Simmer each get 7,970gp each.

Aurora fund is at: 247,075.72+50,000+10,437.5+11,955-swords = 319,468.22gp (-swords cost)

As an aside, I have no idea where the weapons ended up outside of the moonfire one, which I know Balyss is using and since upgraded.

I know the moonfire weapon was a +7 total, I assume the sunfire is as well. The blast weapons are also +7. Holy power one is +9. Cost of +7 is 98k, cost of +9 is 162k.

Assuming all weapons are longswords (didn't specify type of sword, can adjust if someone that got one wanted a shortsword or whatever), so 15gp base. As cold iron, they're 30 gp. Magical enhancements cost +2k on cold iron.

So total cost is: 30 x 7 + 2k x 7 + 98k x 6 + 162k = 764,210gp

With pixie discount, cost is 191,052.5gp

So Aurora fund is currently at: 128,415.7 gp
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 11, 2015, 02:25:18 PM
Fair enough. My goal was pretty much to cast a few illusion spells to emulate change shape and holograms, and use a single all-purpose spell for that. If I want to just have this happen, can I have a few X times per day items of Major Image, Persistent Image and Veil made for me?[/spoiler]

I don't see why not. Costs would be SRD standard most likely, depending on how exactly you set it up.

QuoteActually, speaking of itemized spells, can Rhino's Rush be? Same swift action activation as the actual spell.

No reason why not short of game balance. I tend to lay off that one 'cause it's good and falls into the thing of everyone wanting it. It is out there in the wild, though, so whatever. It would be more expensive than SRD stadard, again depending on how you set it up. A permanent item of it would be CHA-CHINNNNNG OH YEAH THIS STEAM PIXIE GONNA RETIRE OFF THAT SCORE and a daily/limited use form of it would be more of a quiet, satisfied cha-ching.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 11, 2015, 03:00:54 PM
Can I get the horn enchanted so I don't have to constantly hold it, also? I realized that I can't really play the harp and blow the horn at the same time.

Sure, call that another 2k on it. Or 500 after the steam pixie's done with it.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Okay, so officially, let's do this:

*Enhance the Regalia of the Hero, combine the Badge and Helm with a Belt +4 into a Heroic Helmet of Harmony
*Add enchantment to the Horn so Moore doesn't have to hold it
*Create the harp sans any sonic attacks

And let's see what that leaves him.

So the costs of the stuff before any combining or whatever is:

68k for the Enhancements

100k for the belt

60k for the Harp

2k for the enchantment

comes to a total of 57.5k, so we've got plenty of wiggle room before combination costs.

Anastasia

Combining magical items costs the following: 1.5 times the price of everything except the most expensive item (which is usually used as the base). So do that math real quick.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

To follow up on Merc's recap of the Aurora fund:

Muirfinn's money.

Muirfinn's will.

+170,206gp Muirfinn's money
-Reservation for Worldmeet Glade: 75,000 gold; 3 DC 40 K:N checks; 1 DC 35 K:A&E check; 5 days.

Up to Vivantha what she wants to do with the rest?

Merc

Regarding the swords, spoilered post is only reference I could find:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Corwin on November 23, 2012, 11:49:45 AM
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,102379.msg1036722.html#msg1036722

Balyss as the moon maiden, Lathander's Parai as the sun maiden, Simmer for the fire maiden, Hanna for the maiden of Good. We have elementals for the rest, but if those aren't enough.... We have Drena to call upon to get us a maiden of Wind, Muirfinn and Ithea have contacts with Earth, Candy spent enough time on Water to point us in the right direction there (or Afina could ask Sanzha).

Finally, Mei as the champion who says the words of creation?

Sword of the Moon: Balyss
Sword of the Sun: Parai
Sword of Fire: Simmer
Sword of Water: Water Elemental Maiden "X"?
Sword of Air: Air Elemental Maiden "Y"?
Sword of Earth: Earth Elemental Maiden "Z"?
Sword of Holiness: Hanna
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Books! I'm buying Mourning: 2,000 gold.

FUNDS: 5,027.44gp left

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on December 11, 2015, 03:27:29 PM
Combining magical items costs the following: 1.5 times the price of everything except the most expensive item (which is usually used as the base). So do that math real quick.

Looks like the other two items are 18k total (since the 50k from the horn is staying a horn), so that's 27000 on top of the belt's 100k for a total of 118k/4 = 29.5 unless there's a cost involved in turning the belt into a hat (but since one of the items is a hat anyway I doubt this is a problem)

Moore will also offer his own services in enhancing items made through the forge if anyone wants to take him up on the offer!

Corwin

Quote from: Merc on December 11, 2015, 03:38:22 PM
Regarding the swords, spoilered post is only reference I could find:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Corwin on November 23, 2012, 11:49:45 AM
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,102379.msg1036722.html#msg1036722

Balyss as the moon maiden, Lathander's Parai as the sun maiden, Simmer for the fire maiden, Hanna for the maiden of Good. We have elementals for the rest, but if those aren't enough.... We have Drena to call upon to get us a maiden of Wind, Muirfinn and Ithea have contacts with Earth, Candy spent enough time on Water to point us in the right direction there (or Afina could ask Sanzha).

Finally, Mei as the champion who says the words of creation?

Sword of the Moon: Balyss
Sword of the Sun: Parai
Sword of Fire: Simmer
Sword of Water: Water Elemental Maiden "X"?
Sword of Air: Air Elemental Maiden "Y"?
Sword of Earth: Earth Elemental Maiden "Z"?
Sword of Holiness: Hanna

We should go and put the band back together. And by 'band' I mean Parai and Elemental Maidens XYZ. Celestia told us to recruit more, clearly this is what they meant.