News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Pub chat

Started by Anastasia, December 26, 2012, 11:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Do we want to try and have a make-up session on Sunday?

Merc

I can do Sunday.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Iron Dragoon

I probably can't do a make up session this week. Going to be ripping apart a shed in the back, fixing the fence, and leveling out the ground.

Feel free to run without me, though.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

I can't manage one this weekend. The reason I didn't bring it up is because of that.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Rundown time!

1. Shiva will be needed in the path to Ifrit. She'll be keeping busy in the productive pursuit of preventing y'all from frying like an egg. What this does is stops a difficult terrain effect of fire damage every round. Doing so will prevent Shiva from much in the way of banter and places a problem with her being summoned. While she can be summoned, doing so will prevent her from shielding the party from the difficult terrain for as long as she's summoned. Bear in this in mind. Also, if Lehko is KO'd in a battle, Shiva will no longer be able to protect the party until he recovers from KO. Note that Shiva can keep the protection up while he's asleep, just not when he's been knocked the fuck out.

2. The path ahead is one filled with fire. The ogres don't know much of what's down there since it's sealed. However, it is known that bombs frequent the path, so be on guard. In general, expect fire-themed monsters and prepare appropriately. Remember what happened the first time you fought Shiva? Learn from it. Likewise, the ogres know it's a long path. Make sure to have your bag in order, both for supplies you need and for space to carry back treasure. This is a good time to free up bag and inventory space.

3. If one of you chooses to use the Ice Materia ahead - and if using ice equipment in a fire dungeon is a spoiler, then you're playing the wrong game - make sure to keep a tally of the number of battles you have it equipped in. Be able to produce this number on request.

4. Iddy, would you run down the adjustments you made to your wolf?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on June 04, 2013, 02:29:15 PM
4. Iddy, would you run down the adjustments you made to your wolf?

I put the +2 into PWR, raised it from 9, which bumped HP from 74 to 82. I *think* that's all it did.

Anastasia

Check again; see chat. Post when you've fixed it.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 04, 2013, 05:48:31 PM
Done.

Okay. It's PWR rose by 2, so the damage it does with Hamstring and Bite rises by 2 to 2d6+11. Everything else is correct.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Dune, any ruling on the whole destiny for other people's rolls, retraining alchemy>weapons or Neph's comment about destiny+synthesis in general?

Anastasia

No to using destiny on other people's rolls. It just creates too many weird-ass issues.

Retraining is fine.

What did Neph say about synth and destiny?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

My general feeling is that it's too easy to game the system using Destiny on synthesis rolls. Like, all Santos has to do is put one point into Weapon Synthesis, then he can make a Tier (whatever) weapon and burn all his Destiny on it if he has to.

Merc

[21:32] <Nephrite> Sadly, you might just have better luck picking up the Weapon Synthesis and Destiny-scumming until you can make the roll you need.
[21:34] <Nephrite> I dunno, Destiny just really messes with the crafting system.

Concern was if you want to deal with destiny scumming when it comes to crafting, since it's a way to guarantee high tier items, assuming we have the cash.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 05, 2013, 01:28:11 AM
My general feeling is that it's too easy to game the system using Destiny on synthesis rolls. Like, all Santos has to do is put one point into Weapon Synthesis, then he can make a Tier (whatever) weapon and burn all his Destiny on it if he has to.

The system's limited by the gil investment. Barring having a component of the right level and power, you have to pay half the listed price to make something. The prices start to rise drastically past tier 3 or so; ergo, I'm not too worried. If it does become problematic, I'll institute a cap based on the party's level.

For reference, a tier 3 weapon is a base of 2400 gil and tier 4 is 8500. If there's damage to be done, it's in the less expensive things, like shields and possibly consumables. Other things rise in price too much to make gaming the system easily practical.

I hope.

Edit: At worst, I'll thwap someone if it gets out of line and roll with the idea about a level based cap above.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Wait, Tier 4 weapons in shops have been like 11,000, so shouldn't they be more around 5500?

I mean, I still understand your point, the actual inflation per tier is kind of massive and it does make sense, at least in how long you spend "per tier," let's say...

I dunno, it just seems to me like the actual risk vs. reward really isn't there on synthesizing things, but maybe that's an entirely different problem.