News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

The hunt for companionship (Calleigh)

Started by Anastasia, August 30, 2016, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Nothing," Balyss says, "The only one I got anything on was the one I mentioned."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'Alright. We'll look into Gytha then, and this Glitterosm as well. Thank you for your aid, ladies.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Go get Calleigh, apologize to any werewolves painted unwillingly, and go find Glitterosm I suppose.

Anastasia

Quick OOC review time. Back in the Coda, Glitterosm was a potential recruit, but due to the structure at the time, I largely handwaved it. I'm going to ask you - Yuth OOC, not Tryll or Muirfinn IC - how you want to handle this.

1. He's been in Aurora and you can go contact him, we settle this out and I make him an NPC statblock.
2. He went back to Brightwater and is doing his thing there, though cooperating with Aurora and helping them out.
3. He's off doing something else and completely unrelated to Aurora.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

TBH, Muirfinn never followed through with the recruitment. Glitterosm was brought to the Aurora to recover from his ordeal, and was free to stay or leave. Muirfinn considered him a friend, and would have wanted him to stay on, but the conversation never happened.  If he stayed, great. If not, we'll go to Brightwater to find him again. 1 or 2 are acceptable here.

Anastasia

That was partly on me due to the focus on the Coda at the time. So let's go with 2 for now, spin it like that.

Glitterosm's abode in Brightwater is found easily enough thanks to Muirfinn's notes and Glitterosm leaving directions. The end of the alleyway is quiet, away from the bustle of the streets. The outer door has been replaced in favor of an intensely packed diagram of the cosmos, with the various planes having many and myriad numerical notations.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Busy weekend!

Calleigh looks bored. A loose stone lifts itself from the street and raps three times against the door. Politely.

Anastasia

The door creaks as it slowly opens. "Enter," Glitterosm's voice beckons you.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

The door pushes itself open, Calleigh zipping in to look around while Tryll enters at a more sedate pace.

Anastasia

Within all is dark, dominated by a great 3-dimensional image of the planes. The outer planes ring everything, then the inner planes, then the prime in the center. That is where Glitterosm stands, as the planes steadily whirl about. Numbers fly about everywhere, attached to everything and ever-shfiting, always changing.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh flies right up to Glitterosm's face and says, "HI! I'm Calleigh and Tryll is here with me and we're here to talk with you about DESTINY!"

Anastasia

"Continue," Glitterosm says, "I owe Aurora and Muirfinn my life. I will help you as far as I am able."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Ohhhh, yeah. The turtle man. Shame about what happened." Calleigh nods, "We're...sorta working on it? Actually, we should be working on that. Huh. That's a good idea! I don't think anybody's really sure what happened to Myooorfeen," Calleigh's face screws up in concentration, "I think. It was real confusing! But! We're trying to change our destinies so that we can become mythical paragons and be able to better oppose those weirdos from Baator!"