News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

The hunt for companionship (Calleigh)

Started by Anastasia, August 30, 2016, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Glitterosm's shop is much like his home in Brightwater, only scaled down due to size constraints. You enter and find Glitterosm there, dressed in a dark purple robe with hooded cowl. His hands are together and his head is bowed. "Welcome, Tryll. Welcome, Calleigh. You seek the wisdom of numbers?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

"Yep! What can you tell us?" Calleigh chirps.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Numbers are the key to destiny and understanding creatures." Glitterosm begins, voice deep, sonorous. The shop slowly darkens as the diagram of the planes spins around him. "A numerologist strives to understand them, to pluck meaning from Creation and comprehend its methods. In time, the greatest of us learn how to manipulate the numbers to various ends. A number changed in the right place and the right time can bring victory from defeat or ensure success is unchallenged - or doom a person, a group or even an entire nation."

The spinning ends and stops with Baator before all of you. The diagram shows the nine layers, each detailed exquisitely. "I believe the Duke of Destiny understands this and has used it as a tool to lay Lifasa low. I cannot comprehend how an entire world can be perverted and the mind able to manage the calculations. It is unfathomable but here we are. Nine traitors against Lifasa. Nine sigil-rings, that I have no doubt, even if I am told Aurora has only recovered two. A third nine is likely - nine seals, nine barriers, nine something."

The diagram spins again, becoming a blur, "But I do not accept this! I do not accept that Baator will manipulate fate to Asmodeus' ends. No." The spinning stops, all the Heavens before you now. "The numerologist learns that Creation has forces and counter forces. Nothing is unopposed. If nine is our fate, we shall find refuge in seven. If there are nine traitors, let them be opposed by seven hero-generals."

Now the diagram fades into near invisibility, "I give you the number one, Tryll. For you have been along for a long time. Your race is lost to the winds and you stand on your own. You are yourself and yourself alone. For now, find others and seek to learn from them and reflect on what your race is and what your race will be."
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

As Glitterosm goes on, Moore flutters into the shop. Glitterosm pauses after that, "I am with someone at the moment," he says, glancing over to you.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Ah, um... when you're done, could I get you to look at something?" He holds up Muirfinn's diary. "Sorry to interrupt."

Anastasia

"It hardly matters now. The mood is ruined," Glitterosm mourns, then waves a hand. "Reflect on what I have said for the moment, Tryll. Your name is...? Also, what is that book about?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Ah... I'm sorry." He apologizes again. "My name is Moore, I'm... ah... continuing in the footsteps of... I think you knew him, Muirfinn? On a rather... looming task." He asks, flying over with the book, then he stops. "Ah... I'm sorry, before I show this to you, are you mentally protected? I don't mean to insult you, but I don't want to subject you to anything untoward."

Yuthirin

Calleigh zips over to Moore, no longer occupied by the pretty lights of Glitterosm's display. "Hi! I remember you!"

Nephrite

"Hi Calleigh." Moore says with a smile. "How're you?"

Anastasia

"Quite," Glitterosm says, in a tone that suggests that all pixies and courres lead to headaches. That or he has a headache, take your pick. He then looks in Tryll's direction, "Do you have any further questions on what I have said?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'I do not.' Tryll says, 'Though I think I should mention that another of my kind has been divined to be hiding in the Deep Ethereal. We plan on seeking them out.'

Meanwhile, Calleigh is peering at Moore's book. "Whatcha got there?"

Nephrite

"It's a diary someone kept about a monster Aurora has locked up." Moore explains. "There were some numbers in it I thought might be relevant."

Yuthirin

"We have a monster!? Can I see it? Is it like a griffon!? Griffons are pretty! Why would we lock up a griffon? That's mean! Moore, you should let the griffon free so it can fly!"

Nephrite

"It's not something you want to see." Moore says with a frown. "It's a very dangerous abomination that I'm working on finding ways to fight."