News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Beneath Dweomerheart (Surraruthru, Tryll, 87 days left)

Started by Anastasia, July 12, 2017, 10:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

"Oh, I don't know. I've been known to punch above my weight class, so to speak. As for the treasure.. Well, mainly because if you don't, you'll have to deal with Dana going ballistic. As much as she might not be able to kill you, I imagine you won't look forward to the screaming. Other than that, we dealt with wolf in a kind and amicable way, trading its safety for our group's diminished power. We were able to control the oozes in short order, and we figured out the construct's trick quickly. We've worked efficiently and effectively, with minimal expenditure of power, using the right tools for the right job at the right time. All very important traits for a group and a mage."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

"Also we wanna use it to make the Nine Hells unhappy!"
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Diplo:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+39 : 18 + 39, total 57[/blockquote]

Yuthirin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+36 : 7 + 36, total 43[/blockquote]
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"So what you're saying is that through might of arms, intellect and magic, this treasure is yours? That might makes right?" The old man asks, stroking his bearded chin.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

"Is it, little courre? Tell me! Convince me!" The old man laughs, "Mighty warriors such as yourselves should have no difficulty answering such simple questions."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Surrauthru chuckles.

"If you wish to get into the philosophical arguments of force, we can. I have a number of points to make on it, but for the sake of everyone else's ears and time let me point two things out: first, in most realms of existence might does make right. The strong eat the weak, and many other idioms. Second, in this specific case we entered this dungeon with the expectation and understanding that rewards and treasure were ours upon success, as stated in the lore. While you might not have explicitly agreed to that, neither did you contradict it while having full knowledge of the lore that would lead us, and many others, here."

Yuthirin

"Uh, yeah! What the dragon said! And stuff! Also it's for a good cause!"

Anastasia

"Interesting! It gives this old man something to think about," The old man says, "Take as much as you want, but not more than you need. Choose wisely."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru looks around at what is there.

What are we looking at here exactly?

Yuthirin

Anastasia

You see a large room filled with treasure - gold coins and bars, rich tapestries untouched by time, heaps of silverware and silver plates, boxes of jewelry, gemstones, rich furs, heavy bags full of who knows what riches and more. It's all neatly stacked and organized, no door in or out of here. However, standing in the center of the room is a stone pillar. It has dozens of carved gemstone eyes on it, constantly sweeping the room.

For Iddy.

"That's right," Kascha says, "We're with Aurora, if you've heard of us? Additionally, Seira and Alicia, allies of Dweomerheart, both support Aurora's mission. Please sir, if this can be spared, give us as much as can be spared."

Canderella snickers a bit at that, "They're right, you know," she says in her beautiful voice, "But I'd wager a 100 gold coins that you knew that the moment you saw us. So what are you, a proxy? Perhaps Azuth or Savras in avatar form or shape changed? Or merely an ancient wizard with nothing better to do but test heroes who somehow find this...but I doubt that. It's too meaningless. So come on," Canderella waltzes on over to the old wizard, all smiles as she rests a hand on his cheek, "Tell me. Don't worry, I'm good at keeping secrets." She smiles sweetly, meeting his eyes. "Tell us what the meaning of this is and why you're doing it."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I meant more what the restrictions here are, and if there are magic items, ect