News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

The grand return (Afina, Moore)

Started by Anastasia, March 07, 2018, 01:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"It is done," Queen Titania declares, "To this new court - live and live well. Your world is new, but I caution you not to fall back into isolationism. Hold to your ways as you see fit, but do not hide from the rest of the world. You cannot now, do not fall into old thoughts thinking it can be so."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Afina nods and takes heed that warning. She doesn't think it possible she could ever see the world the way she once did. Only by staying active throughout Lifasa, and making Lifasa known and important to the rest of Creation, can she be sure of preventing the same fate all over again.

Nephrite

Moore offers another bow, since words need not be shared for this sort of occasion.

Anastasia

"We will learn and obey, Majesty." Ilsenine says.

Queen Titania raises her arms up and the sun shines brighter. Warmth fills all of you and she is gone between one instant and the next. Once gone Ilsenine stands, "I command all of you to celebrate. I have been given a great responsibility that I must see to," she says, holding the Elder Treant seed.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina doesn't have to take any commands from Ilsenine, she's a Queen in her own right now!

A Queen without a kingdom but that'll change in time. Still, for now she can join in the celebrations a little to help get things moving again here.

Nephrite

He'd be remiss if he failed to assist with this sort of thing, so Moore gets to setting up a proper venue for a performance!

He'll help by doing some sort of oral / music performance that even Titania will be impressed by.

Anastasia

Okay, that answers the next question for you, Moore. Afina, how are you participating? Just joining in or anything in particular?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Just sort of mingling and chatting people up. Since most people here aren't actually from this part of Lifasa she can tell stories about the place.

Anastasia

Perform check, Moore.

Any relevant skill, Afina?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Knowledge (nature) or diplomacy?

She'd take 10 for 60 or 47 in either case.

Nephrite

[12:35] <Nephrite> roll 1d20
[12:36] <Kobot> Nephrite rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{9}

+13 (luck), +15 (insight) +55 (skills, vest, etc) +10 (skill focus)...  102 for the Oratory part, the string instruments would be +5 higher, for 107 if you want one check for both.

Forgot the Lifasa bonus! That adds... 13? to everything, so... 106 and 111.

Anastasia

Moore's music and song is sublime, framing the party around it. It is a festive celebration as Afina tells stories of days long gone, while Crystal aids Afina at times. Hours slip away in celebration, until Afina finds herself momentarily alone while Moore takes a break. The celebration is going full swing now and...

Ball's in both of your courts.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

It's time for Afina to go, there's nothing else for her here. She'll of course go tell Ilsenine of her departure first, so she goes to find wherever her Queen has hunkered down with her treant seed.

Nephrite

Hopefully everyone watching from afar was moved by the song -- that's all he can hope for, anyway.

He's content to just enjoy some time to himself for now -- he's had no time to reflect on anything with everything going on.

A nice, quiet moment... maybe too quiet, for his liking, though.

Anastasia

Afina finds Ilsenine behind the castle, kneeling in a small clearing. She is slowly burying the seed in dirt, pausing as you come over. She rises, "Afina," she greets, "Congratulations."

Moore rests a moment, reflecting and recovering. You won't find her, but you will meet her again before the end.
<Afina> Forever.