News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

The grand return (Afina, Moore)

Started by Anastasia, March 07, 2018, 01:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

All of you gather - Afina, Moore, Skye, Crystal, Ilsenine and all of Aurora's fey court. You gather outside of Aurora, Elder Magi Tepen joining all of you. He clears his throat, "I will now open a portal to the Gloaming Wood," he announces. "By your leave, Queen Ilsenine?"

Queen Ilsenine is clad in beautiful finery, a robe of colors and radiance. She stands at the head of the fey host and declares, "Do so. It is time to finally return home."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Afina's wearing one of her old outfits, all clashing oranges and purples and blacks arranged in various simple geometric shapes over her figure with a short but flared skirt accentuating her hips. She's still fully armed of course, twin swords set snugly across her back below her wings should she have any need for them. "Thank you Tepen," she says courteously for the wizard's help here.

In truth she'd have rather flown or walked to the Gloaming Wood in her own time to see more of Lifasa, but she isn't about to refuse Ilsenine on this. She doesn't plan on staying long though.

Nephrite

Moore's wearing one of his more formal outfits as he waits around with the others.

This isn't his first time to the Gloaming Wood, but... it's the first time he remembers, anyway, so it's more or less the same thing.

Anastasia

Crystal is clad in her full weapons and armor, staying at Afina's side.

Lady Skye attends Queen Ilsenine, clad in marginally less colorful clothes than her and a matching hat.

Thus amid cheer and anticipation, the Gloaming Wood is seen once more. It sits atop a high plateau rising from a forest, a primeval forest atop the plateau. It is as if Afina never left, as if the devils never came. As more of the court comes forth Ilsenine comes to a pause, staring ahead at a home thought lost forever.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina flutters in the air looking out over her old home, her entire world once upon a time. "Never seen it from the outside before," she whispers to Crystal. "It seemed so much bigger from the inside."

Anastasia

"...we've grown, it hasn't shrunk," Crystal says, looking over it long. "...I..."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Part of him wants to sing -- to add to this occasion -- but he stays silent. It's enough to see the smiles and adoration of this place on everyone's faces.

Besides, he'd be overshadowed by the individuals coming.

Anastasia

Soon enough all come through and Queen Ilsenine says, "Come. Come and follow to our court," she commands, heading into the forest, leading the way.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina doesn't press Crystal to elaborate on her thoughts, flying after Ilsenine into the forest, finding it more familiar as she goes.

Of course parts of it were considerably more dangerous under the rule of Ilsenine's rivals, but they're all gone now aren't they?

Nephrite

Moore flies along himself, mostly in the back as he takes in scenery.

Anastasia

Indeed. All that's left is memories as you fly deeper and deeper in.

Past ancient grounds, places of feuds and forgotten history. Of laughter and tears, of days long gone. In time you go deeper and deeper, towards Queen Ilsenine's territory. Here the forest is thick and yet so familiar to Afina, as if she never left. Soon will be the grove and castle where Ilsenine held court.

"We're almost there," Queen Ilsenine declares, "Soon we will be home."

Crystal keeps on flying and finally continues. "Have we...outgrown this?" she murmurs to Afina, barely audible.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"That's how I'm feeling," Afina whispers, nodding her agreement to Crystal. She idly wonders if her old sword might still be here, the one she put aside to hastily grab one better suited for slaying devils, the original Hywelbane. But a cold iron blade like that was probably claimed by devils to use against demons, and as trusty as it was in her many killings on Ilsenine's behalf, its magic is weak compared to what she carries with her now.

When she thought of Lifasa, held memories of home close to nurture her through dark days, this was what she imagined. But she knows there's far more just in Lifasa to be seen, far less the rest of Creation. And ultimately, here is a place where she existed solely to serve.

Nephrite

Moore continues on, through the unfamiliar yet strangely nostalgic forest.

Anastasia

"We won, but we're called to higher things now," Crystal murmurs, "I don't think I can stay. My Queen will have need of me. I know...there is so much more beyond this. So much more to see and do. Oh Afina," Crystal's voice is rich with emotion and feeling, "Truly, we have grown."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina can't quite muster the same sort of rich emotion. Honestly she just feels a bit numb. Empty.

After spending years filled with fire and fury for the Crusade, that's all drained out in the wake of victory and nothing yet's crept in to fill the void.

"We've seen too much. We're no longer innocent in the nature of reality." Not that her murderous life back here was 'innocent' by most definitions, but she certainly was ignorant of how the world really was in many respects. It makes her cringe a bit, the smug condescension she held towards eladrin before discovering the truth.